Issues.

Fel
Weavespinner

Issues.

Post by Fel »

This past couple of weeks, I've had no internet, basicly. It comes up, goes down, etc etc etc. It was completely down for 3 days. The cable guy comes, resets something on the pole, proclaims it's working...and 5 hours later, it's doing it again.

So.

I should have the next chapter done soon, but if I have another extended outage, well, you know why you haven't seen me lately.

btw...did the server hosting the sennadar site/forums go down? I tried log in from school to give this warning, but it said there was a conf error when it tried to open both forum and plebian.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Issues.

Post by Lochar »

Ah, the typical good news/bad news game. Well, at least the bad news is only temporary.

And I noticed the page went down as well, but it came back up relatively quickly so I thought it might have just been a DNS glitch on my end.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I had the same problem with my plebian page, but I can't remember what Spec said the problem was... but it was back up fairly quickly.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

i'll have to start checking everyday now ;)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Downdude wrote:i'll have to start checking everyday now ;)
Shame on you! That implies that you weren't already checking everyday! :evil: I'm sorry, but I'm going to need your "fel addict" card back. :x

:wink:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:did the server hosting the sennadar site/forums go down? I tried log in from school to give this warning, but it said there was a conf error when it tried to open both forum and plebian.
Yeah, there was a problem with the entire server -- some got no response, some got bad_httpd_conf.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

michaelsuave wrote:
Shame on you! That implies that you weren't already checking everyday! :evil: I'm sorry, but I'm going to need your "fel addict" card back. :x

~Michael 8)
What?!? You mean we are only supposed to check the site ONCE a day?!?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fawks wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:

~Michael 8)
What?!? You mean we are only supposed to check the site ONCE a day?!?
Heh, when I'm at work, I just leave the browser on the site, and hit refresh...
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

@ michael:

finally found a picture of you. Thought you could escape in the anonymity of the web and with that fancy mask of yours... :)

http://www.cowabduction.com/

the products/services page, the 3rd (of six)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I'm not quite sure what to make of that sight... or the people in it...
Dana F. Thompson
Talent

Post by Dana F. Thompson »

Does Happy Happy Joy Joy dance. A new chapter coming soon good I'm starting to go through with drawal.
With a tip of me hard hat I thank Ye
Beware the light at the end of the tunnel just might be the head light of my speeding truck. 8O
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

Fiferguy wrote:I'm not quite sure what to make of that sight... or the people in it...
do you mean the abducted cows?
I thought only Texas counts cows as people :lol:
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Texas doesn't count cows as people. Cows are food on the hoof. Steak extremely rare. Hay burners. Natural Methane biofuel producing technology.

Now Australia and New Zealand count sheep as population.

J-Man5
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

I really don't see why people keep using the euphemism of an "extremely rare" steak instead of calling it a bleeding raw steak!!
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I don't like my steaks raw. I like them with some life put back into them. In other words nice hot and steamy. With lots of pink juiciness.

J-Man5