Soultrap

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Soultrap

Post by Shadowhawk »

I wonder whether Tarrin can use Soultrap trick again (on Pyrosia), if he is afraid he would die...

Minimal spoilers
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Dash
Sorcerer

Re: Soultrap

Post by Dash »

Its a bit of a conundrum.

Tarrin powers sorcery through his sword, if he dies, what powers the soul trap. If I remember right the magic items that they are currently carrying, with the exception of the spellbook is powered by sorcery/weave and normally wouldn't work.

I suppose the soul trap might not be wizardry, but I'm pretty certain he couldn't create something that complicated so early in the book if it was arcane.
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

I think something happened already in previous chapters/books that should indicate something about this.. it's a really big spoiler though so I'm not sure if I wanna say.

instead I'll make you pour over all of Fel's words over again to try to find it :)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Niami picked up the cat statue.  But that'll only work if he's in Sennadar when he's destroyed.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

Niami picked up the cat statue.
I was assuming a new trap would be made.

------

Just to complicate things more :)

If Tarrin dies, and fails to kill the One, and the Soul Trap does work. What takes precedence?

The One keeping the souls in Pyrosia or the Soul Trap?
Last edited by Dash on Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

dash wrote:If Tarrin dies, and fails to kill the One, and the Soul Trap does work. What takes precedence?

The One keeping the souls in Pyrosia or the Soul Trap?
I think that Soultrap must be powered up/charged to be working. I remember that Tarrin's Soultrap was not perfectly closed, the soul would escape in month or so, if ot transferred to body.

Next question: what happens to Tarring god's soul (which is Firestaff creation) if he were to die on Pyrosia?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
UbberDude
Talent

Post by UbberDude »

shadowhawk wrote: Next question: what happens to Tarring god's soul (which is Firestaff creation) if he were to die on Pyrosia?
Tarrin would die since his "Icon" are his wings... I believe after the fight with the One, Dolanna mention this.