Can I pimp my new book here? Or is that not allowed?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Banner
Initiate

Can I pimp my new book here? Or is that not allowed?

Post by Banner »

Thought I would ask first, before putting it up, as I don't want to break the rules if it's not allowed.

-Banner
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Re: Can I pimp my new book here? Or is that not allowed?

Post by Blacktiger »

I'm not the right one to ask, i'f I was you I would wait until Fel himself has time to read this request and comment on it. Personally I find it nice and propper, that you would ask for permission. :P
Just wait until Fel has got some time to check this forum.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

What do you mean by "pimp my book"?

There is a section in this forum to post your fan written story for everyone to read. Thats no problem. Just go over there and do so. However, if you just want to advertise to get people to buy your book for money, thats not something many people would like to see in this forum. After all, we all come here together to enjoy the great work of Master Fel in our free time.

Books you can buy are only referred to in the "great book suggestions to read while waiting on the next chapter from Great Master Fel". But of course, any author trying to sell his own books by 'suggesting' his books in such a thread to others will be.... well... similar to someone coming up to you on the street telling you that he is a great man and to worship him. Certainly not very convincing. Quite the opposite effect to what he wished to achieve i guess. ;-)
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

More or less what Martin said.

If you want to post a story, that's what the community contribution forum is for.

But anything that goes on this site follows the same rules as my own work: it's free. You post it here with no expectation of any recompense.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Banner
Initiate

Post by Banner »

I just published my latest novel on Amazon (And Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, itunes, et al). So I was wondering if I could mention that it's up for sale, give the name and a link. Yes, purely crass self promotion (Because I can't afford to pay someone else to promote me). But I thought I should ask permission first because I don't know if it's okay to advertise one's work here. From the sound of it I'm suspecting now that the answer is no, I shouldn't post a link to my book because it isn't free, it's for sale.

I do have some free stuff that I probably should post in that other section, need to put that on the to-do list. But I am a published author, albeit small time, and I'm just looking for some places to advertise. Thanks.