SPIRIT WALKER - CHAPTER 18 SPOILERS

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

SPIRIT WALKER - CHAPTER 18 SPOILERS

Post by kabalman2000 »

A great new chapter. Fel, you understand the bureaucratic mindset perfectly. One of the biggest problem with government is that the bureaucracies there have power to screw you over. Oh well .....

I think that Shairo is entirely too smart for Kyvin's good. He's either going to be the best rouge friend Kyvin could hope for or Kyvin is going to have to kill him. I'd put it at 50/50 at this time.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: SPIRIT WALKER - CHAPTER 18 SPOILERS

Post by dellstart »

Feels like your dining with Don Vito Corleone .Just waiting for him to make you a offer you cant refuse. :evil:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Speaking about gangsters, I think Kyven should get lightfoot trained as a thief... its been pretty much foreshadowed already. Also, since kyven has almost unlimited cash, and the flauren is in it for the money, Kyven may have an opportunity to create his spy ring. :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

dellstart wrote:Feels like your dining with Don Vito Corleone .Just waiting for him to make you a offer you cant refuse. :evil:
Yeah but in Shario's case it would be making an offer he shouldn't have and he will be sleeping with the fishes.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Shario knows Kyven is more than he appears and any self-respecting criminal would take time to find out what that is before throwing away such a profitable neighbor.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

DigitalMaestro wrote:Shario knows Kyven is more than he appears and any self-respecting criminal would take time to find out what that is before throwing away such a profitable neighbor.
Kyven doesn't care that Shario knows that he is more then he appears, but if Shario starts nosing around to find out what that is, well I think Kyven will start to care. Getting nosy in some else business is the second fastest way of ending up in an early grave in the crimminal world. Kyven can't afford anyone outside of the Shaman and his close friends knowing his secret so Kyven would probably only give Shario one warning and if he kept nosing around well Avannar would be short one crimminal.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

boballab wrote:Yeah but in Shario's case it would be making an offer he shouldn't have and he will be sleeping with the fishes.
Shario isn't a moron. He had to be smart, obviously, to last as long as he has, He'll know that there's only so much profit to be made out of any one venture, and that it's better to keep working Kyven whilstever there's money to be made. Shario might try to put the pressure on either to test out what Kyven is willing to withstand, or if Shario suspecs Kyven is about to cut ties.

That does have the risk of blowing the whole situation though - Shario won't go about unprotected if he's about to up the pressure on Kyven - and defeating that protection will take long enough and attract enough attention that it's doubtful the current operation would be able to continue.

This would also have upstream impacts - Kyven is Kyven in Avanar and is thus linked to the existing shop in Atan. Loreguard will show up there should something go amiss in Avanar.
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Post by Elsh »

I think we should go back to the consolidated spoiler thread. IMO discussion has really died down since we switched to the chapter specific threads.
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

Shario reminds me of Haley the Werewolf. Polite, charismatic and a scoundrel at heart. His attitude towards Kyven's arcans is surprising though. Shario could be a great asset to the Masked, if he's not already one of them. That would be something, Kyven and Shario dancing around each other, trying to hide what they're doing, when they are actually working towards the same goal.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Yeah. One of the thought that hit me when I read that part was that he might have the other device, so he and Kyv would be sending each other information without being aware of it. But, that was shot down by the fact that Clover most likely would know who that is.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see... :wink:
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

IdiotPaste wrote:Shario reminds me of Haley the Werewolf. Polite, charismatic and a scoundrel at heart. His attitude towards Kyven's arcans is surprising though. Shario could be a great asset to the Masked, if he's not already one of them. That would be something, Kyven and Shario dancing around each other, trying to hide what they're doing, when they are actually working towards the same goal.

I don't think he is part of the masked, but there is a chance he is part of an intelligence agency for another government, perhaps flauren. Since Avannar is the capital of the country with all of the crystals, and the countries can't attack each other directly due to the loreguard, it would only make sense if they fought via clandestine agents/battles. IF all you can do is negotiate, the one with the most information will usually win. I'm thinking Shario is a spy for another country. If he was, then perhaps an alliance between haven and another country could be formed...? I don't know, this is an if with in an if.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

I knew there was going to be something along these lines with this Shairo guy. He seems to be solving quite a few problems, or at least making them easier, for Kyven. I think it all is just to coincedental. I don't know if Fel just threw Shairo into the mix or if Shairo will play a more important part, kind of like Lupe in the 'Kitstrom Chronicles' (thats what I call it). Plays his part, which is important, but is never really a main focus he just solves some of the problems.

I agree that if Shairo gets to nosey about Kyvens buisness Kyven will act most likely in a lethal way. Unless directed not to by his spirit, who has remained quiet recently. But I can't really see Shairo getting to involved with someone without knowing their 'dirty secrets' and/or pushing Kyven to see how far he will bend he is aleady working his way into Kyven's buisness with the meals and testing him with the black crystal. He knows quite a bit about Lightfoot, Clover, Tweak, and Patches or at least the parts certain people would care about, the weapons training, the freedom they get are a few examples.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

Yeah, Shario is obviously extremely smart, and capable. He could be a very useful ally for Kyven, but given his criminal nature, also a dangerous one, especially given what he already knows or suspects about Kyv and co.

Definitely a relationship to be treated like a live, potentially dangerous snake.
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

Snake is a bit much yet to call him, as we don't really know his nature yet, or if it comes up.
Then again, you can have it right with describing the possible danger.
But i don't see kyven having any problem at all taking him out, even with guards or a gang.
Heck even the body or bodies would be pretty easy to get rid of with a bit of alchemy and smarts, perhaps something simple as drying them out and simply carrying em away for only one example.
He has decided to act assassin when needed in the future, so i see no real problem with that if he finds it necessary.
But they could both benefit greatly if they decide to cooperate in some way or form.
The problem will always be knowing when or if things need to be done or not..
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Before kyven had his shadow fox powers, he was an assassin. Remember the Inn in the frontier (replaced by an inn called smokie something*). So I don't think he is going to have too much problem with that.

Further, I don't think he will have problems sneaking past devices that look for alchemy, he can always turn off his spirit sight. What I think he is going to have the most problem doing, is sneaking past torch light. He is not going to be able to really use his shadow power very well. Rather, he will have to rely on his illusion ability, such as showing an empty corridor as a two dimensional picture to the guard standing at the end of the hall, or an image of a stone wall that follows him as he slinks along it, or as a rug. Or heck, he can use his claws and walk along the wooden ceiling while using the spell of silence and either his shadow power or his illusion skill. :twisted:

Just things to think about.

~Michael 8)