Jason to form his own Noble House?

Sbudda
Initiate

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by Sbudda »

This does seem to foreshadow a direct conflict between the house of the Empress and Jason. This history could indicate that any conflict between the Empress and Jason as an inter-house rivalry and not interfere. Especially if they see any conflict which ensnares the ruling house as being an advantageous event for them.

Humm, I suppose it could also foreshadow Jason beating house Trillian (too lazy to check to see if I spelled that right) and making the other houses back Jason and remove the Empresses house.

I guess this just means that Fel has an amazing imagination that I am extremely envious of. :twisted:
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Sbudda wrote:This does seem to foreshadow a direct conflict between the house of the Empress and Jason. This history could indicate that any conflict between the Empress and Jason as an inter-house rivalry and not interfere. Especially if they see any conflict which ensnares the ruling house as being an advantageous event for them.

Humm, I suppose it could also foreshadow Jason beating house Trillian (too lazy to check to see if I spelled that right) and making the other houses back Jason and remove the Empresses house.

I guess this just means that Fel has an amazing imagination that I am extremely envious of. :twisted:
Actualy it's more then a inter-house rivalry...House Karinne (Jasons True House) was destroyed durring a Faey Civil War and The Empress's House claimed all of their remaining assets and power......adding them to their own...
This allowed them to become the most powerful of all Faey House's and Claim the Empership of the Faey.
Jason Has no idea yet how his DNA could shake the Very Foundations of Faey Civilization.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

from what we know, Jason house was artists and scientistis, they were a no threat and innocent . Their destruction could be seen as a crime. The discovery that there are rermanents would bring the issues back to light. people would want they to ahve them restored and those who hurt them punished.
.S.A.M.K.M
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

No

I still think that the Empress has to much to lose if Jason is publicly revealed as a member of House Karinne (Remembering of course as yet Jason has no idea about his heritage.).

The Empress's House gained power through seizing the assets of the 'destroyed' houses.

So we have a tricky point of law - does the current Empress acknowledge Jasons status as a Karinne? If she does what are the consequences for her and her House.

They can't be good. Even if the Empress is an innocent (and we know she's not :twisted: ) she is merely an inheritor of actions of her ancestors.

If Jason is acknowledged as a karinne even if the Empress manages to avoid responsibility for the action of her ancestors he becomes an immediate rallying point for the noble houses that want to dispose of House Merraine.

Civil War at the least.

AMPWS :)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

ampws wrote:No

I still think that the Empress has to much to lose if Jason is publicly revealed as a member of House Karinne (Remembering of course as yet Jason has no idea about his heritage.).

The Empress's House gained power through seizing the assets of the 'destroyed' houses.

So we have a tricky point of law - does the current Empress acknowledge Jasons status as a Karinne? If she does what are the consequences for her and her House.

They can't be good. Even if the Empress is an innocent (and we know she's not :twisted: ) she is merely an inheritor of actions of her ancestors.

If Jason is acknowledged as a karinne even if the Empress manages to avoid responsibility for the action of her ancestors he becomes an immediate rallying point for the noble houses that want to dispose of House Merraine.

Civil War at the least.

AMPWS :)
Ok, I highly disagree with you.
1. Jason has already established that he is not going to overthrow the Faey Empire or society. Heck, we are constantly reminded about the differences between humans and faey. Jason does not want to have to be in charge of the faey any more than he wants the faey to be in charge of him.

2. There is no way, as a human, that the aristocratic self-centered egotistical faey government and society would ever use a human, somebody not 100% faey, as a rallying point and eventual head of the empire. Think about it, it would be impossible for a human such as Jason to take over the entire system of faey, and besides, why would he want to. (supra, see point 1 and 3)

3. He, unlike the faey, believes in individuality and freedom. After fighting the battle and walking the fine line between fighting the house ruling terra and fighting the empire, Jason is going to be in no position to take on the combined force of the empire. Further, Jason has already stated in the book that he is going to need the protection of the faey in order to survive the possible onslaught of other more hostile space-faring species.

4. We already know that somebody in the higher levels of the royal government knows about Jason and is protecting him. The royal research department is highly linked with the arms industry that is entirely controlled by the empress. Heck, for all we know the woman who came to visit Jason on earth was A. the empress herself, B. a close connection of the empress. There is a great power out there that is protecting Jason; my bet is on the empress herself.

5. Jason's genetics are against him being an emperor or being a threat. His former house fled rather than fight in the Great War. They chose to not align themselves with either side and became targets from both. They were scientists and artists, not warrior’s spies or politicians.

6. The faey are already at war, they cannot afford a civil or internal conflict for fear that the lizard people (I forget their title at the moment) will overrun their entire empire). Further, why should the empress be fearful of Jason when she can just destroy his entire planet if she so chooses? Earth is too important of a planet to the faey from an agricultural standpoint. There is no way she would let the humans get in the way of her own empire's needs, even if that means the gassing and death of all humans on the planet.

Thus, for all of these reasons, and more, I disagree with you when you state that the Empress will be threatened by Jason politically when his house allegiance comes to public light. Jason has already stated that he doesn't want to rule the galaxy/universe, just change it so that there is more equality and freedom for individuals, especially humans.

That’s my stance and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

The problem is that Jason doesn't have to do anything his mere existance once discovered means that diferent factions are going to want to use him.

No matter 'what' his intentions. :(

Miaari told jason 'plans within plans' that could alternately be said to be: 'plots within plots ...' etc. Even unknowing of his heritage Jason is already the focus of much attention.

Jason may want the current House Trillane rulers off earth of at least changed (Kumi would make a good replacement.). But inevitably his Karinne heritage means he is headed for a larger stage

As far as the Faey snubbing Jason for his human blood I think you'll find that his 'Karinne' heritage will matter more to them than some 'anti-human' prejudice. They would be far more likely to snub jason if he didn't have telepathy.

To the Faey telepathy matters more than appearance. :)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:

Ok, I highly disagree with you.
1. Jason has already established that he is not going to overthrow the Faey Empire or society. Heck, we are constantly reminded about the differences between humans and faey. Jason does not want to have to be in charge of the faey any more than he wants the faey to be in charge of him.
Well we can see thats not his plan ....but i assume that the Faey the jury is still out on this one
michaelsuave wrote:
2. There is no way, as a human, that the aristocratic self-centered egotistical faey government and society would ever use a human, somebody not 100% faey, as a rallying point and eventual head of the empire. Think about it, it would be impossible for a human such as Jason to take over the entire system of faey, and besides, why would he want to. (supra, see point 1 and 3)
True unless the Majority of the Faey were unhappy with their current Goverment or their system of goverment ....then all bets could be off
michaelsuave wrote:
3. He, unlike the faey, believes in individuality and freedom. After fighting the battle and walking the fine line between fighting the house ruling terra and fighting the empire, Jason is going to be in no position to take on the combined force of the empire. Further, Jason has already stated in the book that he is going to need the protection of the faey in order to survive the possible onslaught of other more hostile space-faring species.
Not true ...the Faey do believe in individuality and freedom it's just like with us humans some see things diffrently. some Faey see humans as Equals ....and some see humans as Subfaey ,,,Slaves ect. some only see Faey as having rights ...you can get the picture without me having to keep going
michaelsuave wrote:
4. We already know that somebody in the higher levels of the royal government knows about Jason and is protecting him. The royal research department is highly linked with the arms industry that is entirely controlled by the empress. Heck, for all we know the woman who came to visit Jason on earth was A. the empress herself, B. a close connection of the empress. There is a great power out there that is protecting Jason; my bet is on the empress herself.
Aww but the $64,000 dollar question is ....Who and What do they know or think they know......also who is protecting him and WHY! .....is he looked at as an Asset that can build unique things > or does someone know Jason is part Faey ? ......is it trying to Exploit him or protect him ? Greed might have a lot to do here.
michaelsuave wrote:
5. Jason's genetics are against him being an emperor or being a threat. His former house fled rather than fight in the Great War. They chose to not align themselves with either side and became targets from both. They were scientists and artists, not warrior’s spies or politicians.
Don't Forget ...he's also MALE. Typical Faey warrior’s spies and politicians are mostly FEMALE.
I suspect most Faey wouldn't accept Jason just because he is a male.
michaelsuave wrote:
6. The faey are already at war, they cannot afford a civil or internal conflict for fear that the lizard people (I forget their title at the moment) will overrun their entire empire). Further, why should the empress be fearful of Jason when she can just destroy his entire planet if she so chooses? Earth is too important of a planet to the faey from an agricultural standpoint. There is no way she would let the humans get in the way of her own empire's needs, even if that means the gassing and death of all humans on the planet.

Thus, for all of these reasons, and more, I disagree with you when you state that the Empress will be threatened by Jason politically when his house allegiance comes to public light. Jason has already stated that he doesn't want to rule the galaxy/universe, just change it so that there is more equality and freedom for individuals, especially humans.

That’s my stance and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

~Michael 8)
Aww ...but I never said she could just destroy Earth. Earth is (as you point out) way too important to the Empire now to do that.
Earth supplys what was it like 20% of all faey food now. Biggest mistake they could make would be to lose 20% of their Vital supply's durring a War.
Which kinda begs the question How long can the Empress allow Jason to disrupt Food shipments before it becomes threating to The War efforts or Empires needs.

As for Empress being threatened by Jason politically when his house allegiance comes to public light.

It maybe Escaping you that the Threat may not be what jason will or could do .....but just the fact that he Lives is the Threat.

If Jason is a member of that Faey nobel house then he has a CLAIM to any asset's Taken from his House by the Empress. .....so just existiing could be threat enough let alone what he might do.

Question then becomes Can she afford to allow them to remain living ?

Politically Jason's DNA is a Bomb Shell waiting to Explode in the Face of the Empress. That alone maybe enough to Gain her Help if it comes to light <snerk> Why does this give me the Feeling we could see one of the old Political Marrages used to Join Kingdoms?.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ampws wrote:The problem is that Jason doesn't have to do anything his mere existance once discovered means that diferent factions are going to want to use him.

No matter 'what' his intentions. :(

Miaari told jason 'plans within plans' that could alternately be said to be: 'plots within plots ...' etc. Even unknowing of his heritage Jason is already the focus of much attention.

Jason may want the current House Trillane rulers off earth of at least changed (Kumi would make a good replacement.). But inevitably his Karinne heritage means he is headed for a larger stage

As far as the Faey snubbing Jason for his human blood I think you'll find that his 'Karinne' heritage will matter more to them than some 'anti-human' prejudice. They would be far more likely to snub jason if he didn't have telepathy.

To the Faey telepathy matters more than appearance. :)

Still his being MALE is also going to be a possible Problem as well

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Two things:

1 - I would counter your Male position, Phantom. There is evidence that there are males in position of power... not the least of which is the Baron of North America - Jason really got on his nerves in Ch 15 when he did all that stuff to DC.

2 - We keep hearing that Earth is producing 20+% of the food for the Faey and that there will be significant impact to the entire empire should something happen to disrupt the food supply from Earth. Hasn't it only been a few years since the Faey took control of Earth? How long did it take to start producing food? How long did it take for the first crops to be harvested? If Earth is suddenly so vital to the Faey food supply, were there thousands of starving Faey before they took control of Earth? Something doesn't seem right here.

-Miraborn
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I think the Faey were importing a good bit of food before.

Had they not been doing that, the Earth might have been left alone, since the Faey seem to have taken it over to lessen their dependance on outside the Empire foodstuffs.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

They could have simply shifted a big part of the food production to Earth. It was produced on other planets where the conditions weren't that good and it was harder and more expensive to produce.
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

Throw out to possibilities for avoiding conflict with the Empress even when his ancestry is exposed.

1. Jason, as surviving remnant of House Karinne swears fealty to House Merrane and is given the fiefdom of Earth to administer in her name.

2. Jason is married off to a minor Merrane noble, perhaps Myleena, to bring him under her protection and to neutralize any tenious claim he might have to Merraine resources.

3. Jason renounces his right to any Karinne property and enters service of the Empire in exchange for her personal protection of Earth. Jyslin's Aunt is placed in charge as a military governor for the Empress.

Tex
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

miraborn wrote:Two things:

1 - I would counter your Male position, Phantom. There is evidence that there are males in position of power... not the least of which is the Baron of North America - Jason really got on his nerves in Ch 15 when he did all that stuff to DC.
Pointing out the Baron isn't a really good point... as i could point at the evidence stating that the baron was just acting like a lot of shallow and wineing human Baroness's would if they had had stuff like that bothering them.

miraborn wrote: 2 - We keep hearing that Earth is producing 20+% of the food for the Faey and that there will be significant impact to the entire empire should something happen to disrupt the food supply from Earth. Hasn't it only been a few years since the Faey took control of Earth? How long did it take to start producing food? How long did it take for the first crops to be harvested? If Earth is suddenly so vital to the Faey food supply, were there thousands of starving Faey before they took control of Earth? Something doesn't seem right here.

-Miraborn
If i remember correctly Earth produces more then just crops. there is also a Fishing industry to consider. ....but beyond that it's not my story Fel is the one who Stated this Fac in chapter 10
For all he knew, the exomech would be traced back to some rival house, which Trillane would immediately accuse of trying to disrupt the farming operations of the very important Terran farming colony to hurt House Trillane.
Given Terra’s critical importance to the Imperium as a farming colony that supplied nearly 20% of the Imperium’s food, the second largest farming colony in the Imperium, that would definitely invoke the wrath of the Empress on that framed house.
At this point The Faey have been in charge for a little more then 2 years
but also remember they Took over the Earth with out much of a fight.
so All they had to do was Add to and Change Earths existing Farming infrastructure.
They didn't have to rebuild destroyed Farms just add new ones and upgrade the old ones...

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Texfire wrote:Throw out to possibilities for avoiding conflict with the Empress even when his ancestry is exposed.

1. Jason, as surviving remnant of House Karinne swears fealty to House Merrane and is given the fiefdom of Earth to administer in her name.

2. Jason is married off to a minor Merrane noble, perhaps Myleena, to bring him under her protection and to neutralize any tenious claim he might have to Merraine resources.

3. Jason renounces his right to any Karinne property and enters service of the Empire in exchange for her personal protection of Earth. Jyslin's Aunt is placed in charge as a military governor for the Empress.

Tex
Your Forgetting another possibility as well Kumi
or as we seem to forget her Full Name Eleri Trillane Who is all ready one of Jasons Close Friends.

Could she be apointed the Head of House Trillane?

And What will happen when Lorna Shaddale finaly becomes the Imperial Marshall?......

And It's interesting I can't remeber Fel ever telling us Just what house Jyslin is or was a part of?

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Phantom wrote:And It's interesting I can't remeber Fel ever telling us Just what house Jyslin is or was a part of?

Phantom
Could she just be a commoner? I remember her saying something about not being able to get the job she wanted because she wasn't a noble, or rich, or something like that. I could be very wrong, but a lot of the common Faey that Jason has come into contact with were really associated with a house, per say, just working for them in some capacity. I think it's more like members of a family going to work for someone else's family business. Or freetraders working across national boundaries. But I could be wrong.. ;)