Firestaf world as a Rollplaying game

Tylhandras
Initiate

Re: Firestaf world as a Rollplaying game

Post by Tylhandras »

Why not use the system in the Wheel of Time core book?  That's essentially what we are after isn't it?  Any questions about that, I do have the core book so please im or pm me.  One way or another i am reachable.

-Tyl
locolobo1999
Novice

Post by locolobo1999 »

I found an advanced TSR gaming hand book for download if that would help you guys with the game but I don't know how to upload a file here so any help would be appericiated I know this is my first post but I hope it helps you I found the hand book at http://g.irisz.hu/~leto/scan/scifi/from-geoff/
its a zip file called tsr players handbook.zip
Death is lighter than a feather and duty is heavier than a mountian.
locolobo1999
Novice

Post by locolobo1999 »

Found a older program for making ff style games was playing with it and mannaged to make it so I could have a character shape shift like a werekin. I was wondering if any one else has played with RPG maker 2000 with the idea of making a sendar based game?
Death is lighter than a feather and duty is heavier than a mountian.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

hatten_jc wrote: I think i will have to buy D&D to understand completly..
But i think i do an if i understand correct making aWer-cat in to a Class instead of a race make sence.
Here is a link to the 3.5 D&D rules: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
hatten_jc
Initiate

Post by hatten_jc »

journeywoman wrote:
Here is a link to the 3.5 D&D rules: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35.
I finaly baught a my own example of DoD so now i canunderst stand more..
Never underestemate a person capacity to be stupid.

English is not my nativ languish.
Saetan
Novice

Post by Saetan »

personally, I'd think this series would be best as a D10/WW system. yes, for the most part it's less known than the D&D system, but it allows for a more detailed character, and since it's based more on the story-telling thanthe actual gaming, it's much easier to develop characters over time . . .

either way, I'd love to play the game, just to see how it plays
Last edited by Saetan on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I have used RPGmaker 2000, and I have to say it's very annoying. If you aren't much of an artist (like myself), you'll find yourself importing other people's materials to use in your own game, and that's a mixed bag.  Even if you are an artist and can manage to make all your charsets and chipsets just right, there's the annoying limit with how many tiles you can actually use per chipset, which limits how big your maps can be if you want to make any kind of variety. And it only uses MIDI or WAV for sound.

An alternate project I've been looking at that's under development is R-PG. It's not done yet and a lot of the website is still in German, so I can't tell you too much.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.