Where are the older chapters?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Where are the older chapters?

Post by Fawks »

How would one go about finding the older chapters? Am i just missing them and they are all there in front of my blind eyes? ( /me hates growing old ... getting first bifocals. :| )

I want to see if there are any fixes for type-O's that may not be in the chapters that I have.

:idea: Maybe put all of the chapters from each completed book in a single post in the announcement section of that genre.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Re: Where are the older chapters?

Post by Cougar2k2 »

On the main forum page at the very bottom there are 'archives' for the older chapters of the various stories Fel has put out.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Cougar2k2 wrote:On the main forum page at the very bottom there are 'archives' for the older chapters of the various stories Fel has put out.
I see where the SPOILERS are listed. But, I still don't see where the actual chapters are listed.

Hmmm... looking through the posts, I wonder what happened to Mommydoom. No posts from her in about six months.
www.weavespinner.net

Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Oops, I gave you the wrong info that's my fault. The old chapters for the various stories are still under 'chapter announcements'. http://forums.sennadar.com/viewforum.php?f=18
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Fawks
Sui'Kun

Post by Fawks »

Ok... I guess I'm really stupid or something. Where could I find in this forum the first chapter of Subjugation? I go to...

Board index ‹ General ‹ Chapter Announcements ‹ Subjugation

The earliest chapter that Firefox 10.0.1 shows me is Subjugation, Chapter 16.

All of Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker chapters are visible in 'Spirit Walker'.
'Kit' goes back to chapter 5.
The Tarrin series are available via other editors in the 'Sennadar Universe'.

Am I wrong? Am I looking at the wrong pages?
www.weavespinner.net

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fawks wrote:Ok... I guess I'm really stupid or something. Where could I find in this forum the first chapter of Subjugation? I go to...

The first postings of Subjugation were before this forum. Yes, even before it was on the YaBB hosted by me. --- it was posted on CanisD's I believe, which went bang, which then meant we had to replace it.

The first mention was in 2003 on this thread, where Fel mentions having completed four chapters: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?p=77#p77

You'll note that this was *post* #77 of this forum.
Fawks
Sui'Kun

Post by Fawks »

Thanks for the info. I was actually hoping to find the old chapters to see if Fel had edited some of them for misspelling and odd sentences.
www.weavespinner.net

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Back then Fel didn't have the ability to upload it directly to the forum, he sent it to folks on IRC and they put it up somewhere. So, if he's edited them, they'd still be on his PC.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fawks wrote:Ok... I guess I'm really stupid or something. Where could I find in this forum the first chapter of Subjugation? I go to...

The first postings of Subjugation were before this forum. Yes, even before it was on the YaBB hosted by me. --- it was posted on CanisD's I believe, which went bang, which then meant we had to replace it.

The first mention was in 2003 on this thread, where Fel mentions having completed four chapters: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?p=77#p77

God, has it really been that long? Wow.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Sorry about that Fawks. Guess I'm not that much of a help haha :roll: I tried :)
--Paulo Coelho
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Lochar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:

God, has it really been that long? Wow.
Back in the days when i was still just lurkin around here <G>

I remember having IRC open waiting for Fel to upload those new chapters to us
and hopeing it would be a new chapter of Sub.

just went and checked and only scuttle is still conected over there on Newnet .

<sigh>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fawks
Sui'Kun

Post by Fawks »

Cougar2k2 wrote:Sorry about that Fawks. Guess I'm not that much of a help haha :roll: I tried :)
Yes, you tried. And thank you for that. I just downloaded a copy of Sigil and wanted to try to create a new Subjugation epub file with it. I still have some of my copies of Subjugation chapter .doc files, as well as the one that has all of the chapters in it. I was just hoping to find some updated files that may have been edited again after I originally downloaded them.

I am currently rereading Subjugation and my iPod touch iBooks is very slow opening the book. I'm hoping that Sigil can create a leaner file than I am currently using. :roll:

Anybody know if open office can save lean epub files natively?

Fel had a IRC channel ?!? I have not used IRC in years... Come to think of it, I have not used Trillian in years either.
www.weavespinner.net

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fawks wrote:
Cougar2k2 wrote:Sorry about that Fawks. Guess I'm not that much of a help haha :roll: I tried :)
Yes, you tried. And thank you for that. I just downloaded a copy of Sigil and wanted to try to create a new Subjugation epub file with it. I still have some of my copies of Subjugation chapter .doc files, as well as the one that has all of the chapters in it. I was just hoping to find some updated files that may have been edited again after I originally downloaded them.

I am currently rereading Subjugation and my iPod touch iBooks is very slow opening the book. I'm hoping that Sigil can create a leaner file than I am currently using. :roll:

Fel had a IRC channel ?!? I have not used IRC in years... Come to think of it, I have not used Trillian in years either.
I don't know about Open office or not... but calibre seems to be able to output in Epub format

http://calibre-ebook.com/download I use calibre for making .Mobi files but it has Several output types besides just .Mobi
It seems to like Html's the best for input but .doc's work too.

yea i know Epub is actualy Ziped Htmls but putting the chapters in the proper format for e-readers is eaiser if you don't have to
roll the files yourself by hand so to speak....hehehehehe

and yes there is a Sennadar Irc channel :shock: it is /was on newnet
In fact a few of the Admins around here used to hang out there a bit.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Fawks wrote:I just downloaded a copy of Sigil and wanted to try to create a new Subjugation epub file with it. I still have some of my copies of Subjugation chapter .doc files, as well as the one that has all of the chapters in it. I was just hoping to find some updated files that may have been edited again after I originally downloaded them.

HTML Tidy can be used to help clean up created or downloaded files (or if you're using Mac OS X you can set TextEdit's preferences to create strict XHTML 1.0 files with 'No CSS' and UTF-8).

Fortunately Sigil contains a copy of HTML Tidy and can auto-correct most errors automatically.

ePub files made using OpenOffice/LibreOffice aren't great but they're usable – Sigil is much better. iBooks is fairly slow opening files but you can usually read them while it's still counting pages.

Here's a link to the Firestaff and Subjugation ePubs I've made using Sigil: download

I haven't corrected any of Fel's mistakes deliberate tests of attention in my files but for what it's worth I'll leave this link up for a month or so.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

expedient wrote:
Fawks wrote:I just downloaded a copy of Sigil and wanted to try to create a new Subjugation epub file with it. I still have some of my copies of Subjugation chapter .doc files, as well as the one that has all of the chapters in it. I was just hoping to find some updated files that may have been edited again after I originally downloaded them.

HTML Tidy can be used to help clean up created or downloaded files (or if you're using Mac OS X you can set TextEdit's preferences to create strict XHTML 1.0 files with 'No CSS' and UTF-8).

Fortunately Sigil contains a copy of HTML Tidy and can auto-correct most errors automatically.

ePub files made using OpenOffice/LibreOffice aren't great but they're usable – Sigil is much better. iBooks is fairly slow opening files but you can usually read them while it's still counting pages.

Here's a link to the Firestaff and Subjugation ePubs I've made using Sigil: download

I haven't corrected any of Fel's mistakes deliberate tests of attention in my files but for what it's worth I'll leave this link up for a month or so.

Those are not deliberate tests of attention :wink:

They are undocumented Features :shock:

Fel was just testing the waters to see if he could join the Sub and Sennadar universes into one. :lol:
That or it was a dream brought on by late nights and a lack of cafene ???

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born