Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Re: Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Post by zedd »

Sent Kobold at http://www.sofurry.com/?pid=52017

Fantasy, adventure genre (unfinished, active)

The site is not one of my my usuals sources for stories, but this story is very good.
ViceMan
Initiate

Post by ViceMan »

Here is a good book to read, Michael Wolfam's Betrayal. He is posting chapters on Finestories.com ( http://finestories.com/story/10244. Remember in order to read it you will have to register so you can log in and read all the posted chapters). Or If you Can not wait for chapters to be posted you can go to Lulu.com ( http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/betra ... f/center/1 ) and purchase the Book as a Epub document for $0.99 for immediate Download. In case you Do not have a program to read a epub file then go to mobipocket ( http://www.mobipocket.com/en/HomePage/d ... anguage=EN ) and download their free reader for Windows, Mac and Linux. An action packed book full of twists and turns. worth more than the pocket change you pay for it.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

heustess wrote:I have been enjoying two huge series by Geoff Wolak http://www.geoffwolak-writing.com. The first is a spy novel titled K2. It is a complete story although he has plans for a sequel. The other is a time-travel story titled Magestic. It is still in progress. Some spelling and grammar errors here and there but the stories are lots of fun.
I enjoyed reading Magestic over the holidays. I like the way the story details are slowly unveiled. It's also available at http://storiesonline.net/auth/gwresearch. I've not got around to K2, yet.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Solar
Talent

Post by Solar »

Just curious if any one here know what happened to Lsilverlyn and if there is a way to contact him. No info over at SOL. Not a lost and found and his stuff is a really interesting read if anyone is interested.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

Solar wrote:Just curious if any one here know what happened to Lsilverlyn and if there is a way to contact him. No info over at SOL. Not a lost and found and his stuff is a really interesting read if anyone is interested.
I have been trying to contact him for some years, now. Not a hint of a reply. And doing web searches gets little usefull information. He has several stories that I would like to see finished.
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

I need help people! I'm looking for the link to a specific authors site, I know it was posted somewhere on sennadar.com in the past, a couple of years ago...
All I remember is that He (the author) was working on several stories at once . All contained felinoid or lupine middleaged societies which a male human happens to stumble in.
{ In one story he travels to an unknown starsystem, then his mining starship blows its hyperdrive, and while the autorepair systems begin their work, which will take some years, he explores the only inhabitable planet in system. There he discovers an indigenous species of wolfmorphs and begins to interact with some of them.
Another couple stories deal with a human male on a wilderness trip, I think, who, through some kind of cosmic event gets ripped out of our world and transplanted to some kind of parallel earth, where felinoid catmorphs evolved as the highest lifeform. Again a medival setting in all these stories with some citystates mixed in I think.
The last one I remember is a variation of the first story. A chakatlike species test its first hyperdrive and happens upon a ( to them ) gigantic vessel in another starsystem. The automatic response scanning by this human miningship starship is mistaken for an attack. Battle ensues, which results in heavy damage to both sides. The chakat marines enter the hugh factoryship and retrive examples of human (to them unknown) technology as well as the cryogenically frozen human pilot. The chakat crew manage to return to their homesystem with the loot. The story develops from here to an interesting first contact scenario with misunderstandings, torture, xenophobia, slowly developing trust and an impending attack by human pirates..}

I think His last name was something like Garroway (not Gallowy like Fel) but my searches on the web have netted me no luck... can you guys help please ? :cry:
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

I do believe I know the the second series , your speaking about .A bloke wanders in to an alternative world , and the cat beings (for lack of better word) are the top of the tree.He has his lap top and inspires a industrial revolution. lots of political skullduggery and angst.Its brilliantly written but quite intense.I think I have the name somewhere ,i will try to find it. :)

Found it.
you actually owe anti carrot for this one , he suggested it to me in a PM. Its called light over shattered Waters by GregHowell
Here is the link to the authors other works http://www.latenighthacking.com/archive ... regHowell/
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Greg Howell not Garroway!!!!I lovbe you both!! Thanks alot Anticarrot and you too, Dellstart!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Blacktiger wrote:Greg Howell not Garroway!!!!I lovbe you both!! Thanks alot Anticarrot and you too, Dellstart!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my pleasure mate. :D
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

ViceMan wrote:Here is a good book to read, Michael Wolfam's Betrayal. He is posting chapters on Finestories.com ( http://finestories.com/story/10244. Remember in order to read it you will have to register so you can log in and read all the posted chapters). Or If you Can not wait for chapters to be posted you can go to Lulu.com ( http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/betra ... f/center/1 ) and purchase the Book as a Epub document for $0.99 for immediate Download. In case you Do not have a program to read a epub file then go to mobipocket ( http://www.mobipocket.com/en/HomePage/d ... anguage=EN ) and download their free reader for Windows, Mac and Linux. An action packed book full of twists and turns. worth more than the pocket change you pay for it.
i am bout on chapter 10 or 11,its not bad. Thriller and all that.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

The Tales of Asgard Space series by Sea-Life on Stories Online is turning into an interesting collection of short stories. They follow a Sondag assault ship Kadamon which is thrown into unknown space and encounters a couple of desperate human ore miners. Dar and the humans try to establish themselves in Asgard Space just outside of Federation control.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

thanks expedient :-) wish we could reformat this whole post though since finding new/interesting stories sure is a chore and a half :-)
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Thanks a million! I thought I had found all the stories I had not read in this thread, but this has helped me find a bunch more!
blakagant
Novice

Post by blakagant »

http://www.fictionpress.com/u/539273/ starts with, "Eric Olafson, NeoViking GC V", then follow the numerals. In the year 5012, Earth is now known as Terra and part of a gigantic Union of spacefaring civilizations. Many worlds are colonized. This is the story of Eric Olafson, a Neo Viking growing up on a harsh cold planet called Nilfeheim. Follows him as he joins the united stars navy.

The universe that Vennessa made really is kinda how i picture a united galactic government, including mega corporations who own planets and a population base in centilions (that's 300 zeros), just force your mind to understand that eric is different. I marvel at how she made it massive, it's the best way to describe it, you see a massive thriving galactic spanning society.

*be warned that the main character is a kinda cross-dresser, Ignore it! it really has little to do with the storyline and has to do with the main plot way down the line*
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

blakagant wrote:http://www.fictionpress.com/u/539273/ starts with, "Eric Olafson, NeoViking GC V", then follow the numerals. In the year 5012, Earth is now known as Terra and part of a gigantic Union of spacefaring civilizations. Many worlds are colonized. This is the story of Eric Olafson, a Neo Viking growing up on a harsh cold planet called Nilfeheim. Follows him as he joins the united stars navy.

The universe that Vennessa made really is kinda how i picture a united galactic government, including mega corporations who own planets and a population base in centilions (that's 300 zeros), just force your mind to understand that eric is different. I marvel at how she made it massive, it's the best way to describe it, you see a massive thriving galactic spanning society.

*be warned that the main character is a kinda cross-dresser, Ignore it! it really has little to do with the storyline and has to do with the main plot way down the line*
Actualy it is Called "the Galactic Chronicles Series" and starts with Roy Masters then moves to Eric/Erica Olafson

It's a neat tale as you say
And I've enjoyed following it for the last few years.

Vennessa has writen more then what is currenty still posted on the page
some has been removed then rewriten, reedited and then reposted again
But some parts still haven't been posted or reposted again ...yet.

Parts 1-4 of "the Galactic Chronicles Series" are still uncompleted or missing

A bit of Warning here ... :shock:
Vennessa's chapter updates some times take longer then Fel does <G> :D and they are posted
with no known pattern or frequency to them. :?:

So if you have problems with this Or Spelling, Grammer and Editing in Stories this is not a tale for you as of yet.
it's gotten much better over the last few years but still is not 100% polished as far as the editing and proofing goes.

But it is a very enjoyable tale otherwise if you can but over look these omissions and some errors.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)