If Sennadar were made into a movie...

MISER
Katzh-dashi

Re: If Sennadar were made into a movie...

Post by MISER »

MD

Sorry for the confusion lady, I was casting both ways but primarily as an adult spectrum of actors to play the characters.

Fell free to send me a private or personal message and I will explain who they are to you if you would like. I am not an anime fan so i didn't think much in that facet of this fantasy. For that matter at least as by name I dont know who John Rhys Davies is?

John
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

miser wrote:MD
For that matter at least as by name I dont know who John Rhys Davies is?
John
He played Gimli the Lord of the Rings. And the voice of Treebeard.
Last edited by Journeywoman on Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

miser wrote:MD
For that matter at least as by name I dont know who John Rhys Davies is?

Miser:

John Rhys Davies is best know for the following parts:
Professor Maximillian Arturo on Sliders

and Sallah (Indie's Egyptian friend) in the Indiana Jones movies.  "Indie, why does the floor move?"

Work is nuts right now, but I'll message you soon to talk about some of the actors you put down.  How cool to see someone else's mental image of the characters!

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
CARL
Talent

Post by CARL »

if we are talking about voices for characters how about cybill sheperd for miranda. just the right sort of voice for that sexy but cheeky character
Last edited by CARL on Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
people who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us that do
leprechaun
Talent

Post by leprechaun »

I don't know if doing it as a movie would work. :-/ They'd have to make several, preferably one for each book.  They'd have to all be filmed at the same time and then it'd take a while to do all the cgi and such.  I can see a good span of time between the release of each one and, personally, i don't know if i could stay sane waiting all that time between the release of each one.  Something as big as this and with this much inner struggle and emotion would be best done using anime.  Unfortunately, America can't make any anime worth more than crap, so it'd be a bit harder to get it done right.  But if you could, anime WOULD be the best.  It could be done as a big series and it could be done right, limiting what would end up left out in a life-action movies.  -Just my trime.  :-*

By the way, MISER, if you're not an anime fan it's because you just haven't seen the right anime.  ;)
"You think you have won, you think all is well, but kiss my green ass, i'll see you in hell!" - The Grinch
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

LEPRECHAUN:

THE NEET THING ABOUT BEING AN AMERICAN IS WE CAN DO ALL KINDS OF THINGS WELL AND FREELY. LIKE FORMING OUR OWN OPINIONS. AS ABSTRACT OR INDIVIDUAL AS THEY MAY BE. I PROVIDE THE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE.. "I DO NOT LIKE ANIME!" NOR DO I MAKE ANIME. JUST FOR THE RECORD. SEE MY POINT'S!

MISER
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
negativecow

Post by negativecow »

sorry if im stepping on your argument but i have to side with LEPRECHAUN here

to say i dont like anime is like saying i dont like books or movies for that matter (  ok so i know a lot of people who say they dont like books and some who say they dont like movies but IMHO its just naturel to ansewer like LEPRECHAUN)

p.s
sorry for my spelling but my skool comps are onely meant for surfing so they dont have eny other programs instaled and they dont let you instal them
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

negativecow wrote:p.s
sorry for my spelling but my skool comps are onely meant for surfing so they dont have eny other programs instaled and they dont let you instal them
Well, you could always read what you write yourself and see if you can make some corrections.

Oh, and have you seen One Piece? Anime. Higly recomanded. (http://www.kaizoku-fansubs.com/)
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

guardian_mike wrote: Well, you could always read what you write yourself and see if you can make some corrections.
Mike, it DOES make sense to him, that's why he writes it like that. It looks correct to him. That's the insidious thing about spelling, if you don't learn it correctly the first time around, you don't always KNOW what words you don't spell correctly.

Let's all lighten up on the kid and just encourage him to keep trying, ok? With luck and with time, he'll learn how to recognize the correct way to spell words and work to adopt that spelling, rather than whatever his brain is telling him now.

And negativecow
*MommyDoom frowns and waggles her Spoon at negativecow* just because I'm going easy on you doesn't mean that you don't have to WORK on your spelling. It's hard work, reprogramming your brain... but you aren't going to get off easy. If you aren't careful, I'll start doing to you what I do to my husband... CORRECT him. (i.e. - SCHOOL, not SKOOL). ;D Believe it or not, it works. My husband's spelling has drastically improved in the 6 years I've been correcting him. ::) And, though I've been calling you "him" and reffering to "his" and such... let's just make it clear. Are you male or female? he he he...

MD

and as an aside, I'm sorry if any of these related messages sound unnecessarily stringent... I have an overactive protective instinct. It is NOT to be confused with an overactive maternal instinct, as I have done this since I was a kid. I despise derisiveness and delight in standing up for the underdog. Call it a character flaw. ;)
Last edited by MommyDoom on Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
kenposey
Talent

Post by kenposey »

tarrin-tom wellington
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

perhaps they are typos?  Like sometimes when I type really really fast I start to make all sorts of spelling and gramatical errors just because my fingers can't move fast enough and my brain and fingers sometimes miscommunicates.  Perhaps not.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

forbidder wrote:perhaps they are typos? Like sometimes when I type really really fast I start to make all sorts of spelling and gramatical errors just because my fingers can't move fast enough and my brain and fingers sometimes miscommunicates. Perhaps not.
That's what i assumed it was. In wich case rereading what you write helps a lot as you can see what you need to correct.

Personally, i use the 'Preview' button everytime i write something here on the board, so i can see if there's something i need to do about my text... Belive me, it helps a lot.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
negativecow

Post by negativecow »

na i have dyselexia (its a reading and writing disorder)

for all the 5 languages i have studied (including my native language ) i can barly spell my name right
it took me 6 yeares to learn how to read properly , 6 yeares in witch i only studied reading

and i am male btw
Uncle_Rand
Initiate

Post by Uncle_Rand »

As far as the voices for the characters go, if it was anime, I think 2 people should do Tarrin. Someone like Worf from Star Trek (Michael Dorn is his name I think)  for were-cat Tarrin, and someone with a real innocent sounding voice as human Tarrin. Let's face it, with the change into a were-cat, his voice is definitely going to change. (Would that be were-cat puberty?? ;D )

Uncle Rand
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

3 voices. ;)

The human Tarrin's voice, in my mind, has always been something of a young John Cuzak. That not quite boyish, not quite manly voice with that minor lilt of charm lurking within it. It would need to be a deeper voice, because remember, even the seventeen year old Tarrin wasn't small. He was a very tall young man.

The second voice would be Tarrin's Were-cat incarnation after Jesmind bit him. It would be deeper, because he's larger now. I've never heard a voice that makes me think "Tarrin," but a deeper Harrison Ford would come close.

The third Tarrin voice would be after Shiika's kiss, when he became huge. Now his voice is even deeper, but not as deep as someone like James Earl Jones, because it's a deeper version of his original voice. Again, I have not a clue as to who would fit it best.

I never really thought about any other voices either.  The only voices I've heard that I immediatley associated with a character were both from the Harry Potter movies.  The actress who played McGonogal would be perfect as Dolanna.  And the woman who played Madam Hooch would be a killer Triana.

Although, after seeing Spider-Man, I think Tobey McGuire would be good as Dar.

Oh, and Eron Kael:  SEAN CONNERY.  ;)
Last edited by Fel on Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.