The Fovean Chronicles Online - Need opinions

Fovean_Author
Novice

Re: The Fovean Chronicles Online - Need opinions

Post by Fovean_Author »

Man, I miss Singapore. I haven't been there in AGES.

Have a Tiger beer for me! I'll make sure you get a book, don't worry.
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
http://www.swordsandsorcery.com
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I'll have aTiger for you. Celebrate with the tiger although I am more partial to Foster.

:D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

What's really weird is that Fosters is an Australian Brand but they get hammered in the local market :?

But they have a strong presence in the global market...

The world works in mysterious ways :mrgreen:
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mysterious wrote:What's really weird is that Fosters is an Australian Brand but they get hammered in the local market :?

But they have a strong presence in the global market...

The world works in mysterious ways :mrgreen:
Fosters does well in the foreign market because it's not the same stuff they sell here, plus there's plenty of better beers. (Said like a true non-beer-drinking beer-expert)

Put another way: Aussies know it tastes like crap, but Americans love the stuff :D Just like we could foist Steve Irwin off onto Americans quite successfully - yet he wasn't quite as huge a success back here. After all, he's a fairly average bloke. Every aussie learns to wrestle a crocodile from birth. Horses are for girls. Real men ride Crocs or Roos to work. :D

(Now, where's that Sarcasm BBCode tag gone)
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

lol :lol:
Fovean_Author
Novice

Post by Fovean_Author »

Ok, first of all, thanks to all of those who read and who sent some feedback

Second, book two has about six chapters left in it, meaning that I'll soon be done with the first pass, then will go back to thread in the sub plots, then go for the third pass for continuity

This is when I REALLY need you guys to say, "I don't understand this" or "This is factually incorrect" or "Bob, if you put that in there I plan to hunt down your parents."

Now is the time when you're going to have a real impact on the novel. If you liked book one, then people like you are why

Thanks again

Bob Brady
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fovean_Author wrote:Ok, first of all, thanks to all of those who read and who sent some feedback

Second, book two has about six chapters left in it, meaning that I'll soon be done with the first pass, then will go back to thread in the sub plots, then go for the third pass for continuity

This is when I REALLY need you guys to say, "I don't understand this" or "This is factually incorrect" or "Bob, if you put that in there I plan to hunt down your parents."

Now is the time when you're going to have a real impact on the novel. If you liked book one, then people like you are why

Thanks again

Bob Brady
Hi Author,

Is there a way I can get Book one, or if I can read Book 2 without cross lining it with Book 1. I will start on it. I did mentioned that the Book 1 is not available in Singapore bookstores.

My quote for the day, "You better comment or die commenting "I forgot"...."
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fovean_Author
Novice

Post by Fovean_Author »

Sent you a link

If you give me a detailed critique of Book Two, I'll send you an autographed copy of Book One
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
Doc Spratley
Initiate

Post by Doc Spratley »

I am new to the forum, but seem to have missed over 20 years regarding these Chronicles. For the last 40 some years I have been a Purist regarding my fiction reading....only Science Fiction. As I have finally matured, :) ; I have found an tremendous amount of Fantasy and Fiction that has tweaked my interest. So saying, I find that I am intriqued with the fist three chapters of your book.
It is interesting that you make in the beginning you make reference Anubis, but in doing so, state that
The Earth had been cleansed of gods...
" I realize that you state Anubis has been in Exile...and then called back by the greater god....why would Anubis be called when he is but a footnote in the history of the world and not another god that had more followers? and stronger supposed powers. After all...Anubis is just a pawn in what the greater god has planned.
As I have only read the first three chapters, I'm sure that there is more to this situation than I have read...but I am curious?

Is the greater god's name "War"?. I thought you stated that
The Earth had been cleansed of gods, in favor of a God so great that He could not be contained, even within a single name.
...but, it seems that you named him.

As far as I read so far, your "anti-hero" seems to have been interfered with all his life by
a large, dark man in an overcoat too warm for the day
. I must assume that this is Anubis and not the greater god. Unfortunately, I did not feel the true anguish felt by the "anti-hero"....where you write
He is heartless and cruel
...I did not believe it. I found myself feeling sympathy for the "anti-hero" only....but keep up the good work
Fovean_Author
Novice

Post by Fovean_Author »

Hi, Doc,

To straighten out some confusion on Book One:

1. War is a god from a different dimension
2. Anubis only exists due to a human fascination with death, and at a fraction of his power. He's kind of a leftover of Egyptian religion.
3. If you're sympathizing with the anti-hero, you're right on the money. I build a justification relationship between you, the reader, and the character in order to set up the next book.

I don't really need critiquing of the first book, but let me know if you want to read it to set up the next book (if you want to critique it)
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

The link to Chapter 43: Perceptions goes to Chapter 42: Combat, in all its forms.
Fovean_Author
Novice

Post by Fovean_Author »

Mysterious wrote:The link to Chapter 43: Perceptions goes to Chapter 42: Combat, in all its forms.
Yep - you're right

It's fixed now
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
joshzharris
Talent

Post by joshzharris »

Bob,

I've been reading your books since January, and I have to say that you have an outstanding job on them. I'm looking forward to seeing how you bring book two to a close and how the prophecy is going to be carried to conclusion. The interaction between characters is great. I would like to see which of the gods take a direct interaction with Jack/Bill.
I've read through what has been posted of book two twice so far. This story is hard to predict where things are going as the perceptions to Glynn's song change as story progresses.

Keep up the great work.

Josh
What's your major malfunction, numbnuts? - Full Metal Jacket
Fovean_Author
Novice

Post by Fovean_Author »

Wanted to give you guys an update - especially the loyal followers

I'm rewriting the ending, which is why the updates have been slow. I also did a lot of editing of previous chapters, mostly for spelling.

I think that the Bill character is going to need a rewrite for the middle part - he's a little flat for me. Also Jahunga needs some more personality and interaction.

Anything else that you guys have seen - now is a good time to tell me. I'm taking about a month sabatical to finish this up, so, as Steve Martin once said:

Things are going to start happening for me now.

Bob
Author of

The Fovean Chronicles
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

clearly, I must get out the whip.

WRITE FASTER! FASTER, DARN YOU!

*crack!*

My, it feels...good, to do that to someone rather than have it done to me.

Score! ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.