Druids??

rick
Sorcerer

Druids??

Post by rick »

I was rereading the Series and And a stray throught caught my attation.When the weave was restored all forms of magic where increased .Priests had new powers and prayers ,wizards had new spells new schools of magic avabile to them Sorciers had the more power come to them some even gained more power because of the restoration of the weave.How was Druid magic affected?Did the Druids become stronger and if so what happened to the people with only minumal Druid Talent? Did they suddenly get more power ?
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Re: Druids??

Post by Weresmilodon »

The Druids were not affected at all, as far as i know. That is because their magic is separate from the weave, and can therefore not be affected by it. On the other hand, both priestly and arcanic magic travel through the weave, and is also limited by it. As the weave gets more powerful, more magic of those orders can flow through it, and consequently, more powerful and advanced spells can be cast (again).
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
breaker
Talent

Post by breaker »

dont rember where but when namii says that each order gains lost magic she also says that sorcerers and druids would be capable of hadleing more magic and that each order would have to explore there new limits
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Remember, as a Druid and a Sorceror, Tarrin's power is increased quite a bit.  As one is strengthened, so is the other.  Druid magic, and sorcerer magic to a point, are magics of the mind.  The restoring of the weave didn't make people more creative, but it allowed them to survive their own creativity if they were druids or sorcerers.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

breaker wrote:druids would be capable of hadleing more magic and that each order would have to explore there new limits
I wonder how many druids they will/have lost exploring those new boundries?
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Tylhandras
Initiate

Post by Tylhandras »

If what Triana said was true about the All doing to explorers, then they are going to lose quite a few.

-Tyl
Terris

Post by Terris »

Probably they don't lose any, because druidic magic is so dangerous and most druids only use spells they KNOW they can handle, it means that most druids do not use their full potential (they do not use their power in the area where they are not absolutely sure). This means that many druids do not notice increased power for some time and even if they do, they still use maybe 80% of their increased power (the old 80/20 rule should work also here  ;D)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Yeah, they probably wouldn't even notice the gain in power, unless another druid more powerful that knew them for a while noticed they had an increased ability.  If I remember right, once a druid is taught, they'll never use any different spells except in emergency situations, for the fear of death.

So the Hierarchs might have to go around and judge everyone's ability and show them the new spells they can control.

Support my brother.
rick
Sorcerer

Post by rick »

What I was realy wondering was what would happen with people with hardly any Druid abilty like Jasmine .What if they suddenly start casting druid spells without knowing it .
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Won't happen. You don't just cast a Druidic spell without knowing. The closest you get is when you are as strong as Tarrin and Triana, where the All listen you you, and try to obey your thoughts and so.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

rick wrote:What I was realy wondering was what would happen with people with hardly any Druid abilty like Jasmine .What if they suddenly start casting druid spells without knowing it .
No, she barely rated as pond scum before remember?  Now she probably rates as pond slime.  Either way, he's right.  It isn't until you reach the Heirch level of power that the All responds like that to you.

If Jesmind were very careful, she MIGHT be able to use the spell of sending, but I doubt it.

Support my brother.
Belgarion213

Post by Belgarion213 »

Effectivly there should not be any 'lost' talents in the druids, as there are people such as Saphire who were alive before the breaking. Though most druids probably dont know as much of Druidic magic as they can use