Curiousity is getting the better of me

Tylhandras
Initiate

Curiousity is getting the better of me

Post by Tylhandras »

Fel,

Whatever came of you finishing Dragonstar & The Alpha Project? You wrote chapter 1 for both quite a while ago. I was wondering if you were planning on continuing those stories?
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Re: Curiousity is getting the better of me

Post by Starstryker »

I also liked both stories....as I remeber Alpha was the better one, but both are really good beginings.

Starstyker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Those were what you might call "test chapters," just me getting a feel for the possibilities by writing the first chapter.

I might turn them into full stories, I might not...right now, dunno.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Those were what you might call "test chapters," just me getting a feel for the possibilities by writing the first chapter.

Fel, Honestly, I think the next original (as in nothing posted yet on it) You should maybe hold back, and write it over the next year or so while you dabble with other stories (writing short ones for the Subjugation, and maybe Senndar series) and then once you get the new story finished, try submitting it to a publisher and see what they say (heck submit it to a bunch of publishers) if they say no we don't want to publish it, then you can always post it then, if they do Like it, you might be able to make some money...

Edit:

Waits for everyone to flame me for suggesting we shouldn't get new works from fel.. :P
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Hearly wrote:
Fel wrote:Those were what you might call "test chapters," just me getting a feel for the possibilities by writing the first chapter.

Fel, Honestly, I think the next original (as in nothing posted yet on it) You should maybe hold back, and write it over the next year or so while you dabble with other stories (writing short ones for the Subjugation, and maybe Senndar series) and then once you get the new story finished, try submitting it to a publisher and see what they say (heck submit it to a bunch of publishers) if they say no we don't want to publish it, then you can always post it then, if they do Like it, you might be able to make some money...

Edit:

Waits for everyone to flame me for suggesting we shouldn't get new works from fel.. :P
Not flame, but maybe dig around in your mind a little and rearrange a few priorities... :twisted:

No, I actually agree. If Fel can get one or more of his books published, I say go for it. I'd buy it. And there's nothing wrong with a man making an honest day's wage.