Update

Fel
Weavespinner

Update

Post by Fel »

School's been kicking my ass, to the point where I'm seriously considering dropping a couple of classes that I'm on the path to failing. Working full time and trying to go to school full time is catching up to me. I just can't find the time to get everything done, and to be honest about it, I have virtually NO interest in the classes I'm dropping. I can't bring myself to do the work in them to get good grades. :oops:

Oh yah, for the next 2 weeks, my spare time's gonna be taken up anyway. New Everquest expansion with a level cap increase to 75 and new AAs...go go gadget mindless grinding. Ugh. :cry:

After I get my EQ toon levelled out, I'll get back to work on Demon's Bane. Just FYI, this book is only going to run about 12-13 chapters...it's gonna be short. But I think you guys noticed this. Here it is at chapter 8, and the final showdown is starting to creep up on the horizon.

As to what happens afterward, well...Subjugation is begging for some attention, and what you guys have been nagging about is starting to come to pass.

I'm contemplating writing a book that I'll try to have published.

I've got the base framework of the setting of this book in mind. It'll be fantasy, set in a unique world, and will include magic, non-human races, and of course, a mysterious, intimidating, shadowy figure...who is NOT the main character. ;)

I'm working on the barebones of some of this between classes at school.

Building a new world from the ground up will be a challenge, but it should also be fun. I need to get some artist's paper and set down a general world map. It all starts from there.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Update

Post by Fiferguy »

Can't wait for the next stuff to come out. Enjoy your Everquest binge.

BTW, keep us posted about a possible published book...I know that I, along with quite a few others, would be interested... :twisted:
soyboy78
Talent

Post by soyboy78 »

Fel,

I for one would love to see you published. I have enjoyed you talented writings for two years now. At the same time I have been reading many books that are on Baen and you compare quite well ,even better in some cases, to all of them. I especially love your character development.

Not to say that I don't love you free works, but you need to live (and maybe buy a new car). :D

Go for it.
SparkTiger2
Novice

Post by SparkTiger2 »

im really looking forward to that publish book. every book ive read so far is nothing compare to yours. hope everything gos alright with your classes ( i know how you feel since im in college right now too) and take care of yourself
If a man is not willing to die for something he believes in, he is not fit to live at all.
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

I hope you do decide to publish, I like the tactile sensation of a hardcopy book sometimes...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I like paper books too; never really got into e-books or the like because I like having stories on a shelf so I can pull them down, head over to an armchair, and start reading. Even most of the stuff I read online ends up printed so I can take it into class and pretend to be taking notes. *grins*
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Post by Starstryker »

Ha !!! I knew I wasn't the only one who did that !!!, Who needs notes anyway, and Fel, If you publsh a book, I will buy it... and read it .....but please have mercy on our budgets and make it softcover.....please....

Starstryker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^
freethrow
Sorcerer

Post by freethrow »

Hello Fel,

Sorry to hear you have such a load right now. Hopefully it will ease up soon. I don't know for sure how others feel but after reading several chapters of Tower of Sorcery I was certain that writing is how you made a living. I work for myself and have for many years. Nobody but me and I like it that way. If I were you I would chuck school ASAP and make writing my lifes work. In fact, if I had about 1/2 the talent you have that is what I would do. Honest.

freethrow
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:School's been kicking my ass, to the point where I'm seriously considering dropping a couple of classes that I'm on the path to failing. Working full time and trying to go to school full time is catching up to me. I just can't find the time to get everything done, and to be honest about it, I have virtually NO interest in the classes I'm dropping. I can't bring myself to do the work in them to get good grades. :oops:
Better to get a W instead of an F.
Oh yah, for the next 2 weeks, my spare time's gonna be taken up anyway. New Everquest expansion with a level cap increase to 75 and new AAs...go go gadget mindless grinding. Ugh. :cry:
I was in the Serpent Spine beta. I thought it sucked. I've quite EQ again.
After I get my EQ toon levelled out, I'll get back to work on Demon's Bane. Just FYI, this book is only going to run about 12-13 chapters...it's gonna be short. But I think you guys noticed this. Here it is at chapter 8, and the final showdown is starting to creep up on the horizon.
It had to end somewhere, even though some of us wish it would go on forever.
I'm contemplating writing a book that I'll try to have published.

I've got the base framework of the setting of this book in mind. It'll be fantasy, set in a unique world, and will include magic, non-human races, and of course, a mysterious, intimidating, shadowy figure...who is NOT the main character. ;)

I'm working on the barebones of some of this between classes at school.

Building a new world from the ground up will be a challenge, but it should also be fun. I need to get some artist's paper and set down a general world map. It all starts from there.
Now that sounds interesting. Need an editor? I can be discrete and keep it from the mainstream. :D
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

pft, discrete, blah.

I've put down a map, so that's a start.

The setting will be akin to the early dark ages of Europe (much further back than the mid-1700s in which the Sennadar universe stands), and the races are all separated by mutual distrust and fear. Magic exists, but in the kingdom in which the story will begin, it's almost unheard of.

The main character will be a young man who leaves his village to find work, and stumbles across a mysterious warrior and a young woman, and the basic plot involves the young man's entanglement in the mission of this warrior.

The warrior is from an ancient sect known as the Chuken, who have exceeded human limitations not with magic, but with powers of the mind. He is a warrior who uses his psionic abilities to enhance his fighting arts. The woman is his apprentice, and to the young man's shock, she's not human. She's a steppes elf from the southern savannahs, a rather savage and violent breed with a very dark reputation among the humans, complete with her wudan ceremonial facial tattoos.

The warrior is hunting for a wizard who stole a revered set of scrolls from the Chu Dojo, the headquarters of the order, scrolls penned by Grand Master Chu himself about the secrets of the powers of the mind. Grand Master Chu came to Myradon five hundred years ago after discovering the secrets of the order, fleeing from the Utter East, and it was in the northern mounts of Skyrn that he built his dojo and sought out those with the special gift to learn the secrets of his art.

The Chuken are martial artists who have, by rigorous training, unlocked the powers of the mind, and use them to reinforce their fighting arts. All Chuken learn certain basic powers that are integrated into their fighting style, powers that make them faster, make them stronger, give them the ability to do things that others would consider impossible or inhuman. All Chuken also undergo alterations in their bodies, called ki. There are ten ki, each one representing a level of mastery of the arts of Chuken. Each mastery of ki is denoted by a gold-filled scar somewhere on the body of the Chuken. The warrior's scars are on his chest...five on his right pectoral, and four on his left. The ki scars of his apprentice are on her face. She has but one ki, a gold scar under her right eye. These alterations are fundamental changes to their bodies that aren't entirely noticable. Muscles are augmented, bones are hardened, reflexes are sharpened, speed is increased...these changes are beyond mere training, however. Each change is an alteration brought about by the Chuken's mastery of his power, and he enacts these changes upon himself. By successfully mastering a ki, he changes his body by the power of his mind alone, and earns a gold-filled scar that demonstrates his success to his order.

But each Chuken also learns other abilities based solely on that Chuken's unique nature. The warrior, for example, knows the powers of the fighting Chuken, but he has also other ways to express his mental arts, such as his ability to read the past of an object just by touch, knowing who has been sitting in a chair just by touching it for example. It is this power to look into the history of an object, called Psychometry, that caused him to be selected for this mission.

There, there's some spoilage for ya ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
SirVal
Initiate

Post by SirVal »

Damn! Where do you get this stuff? I WANT SOME!

You have one crazy creative mind on your shoulders; and here I thought my respect for you and your work/mind was at its top. :roll: the naivete

Oh, and dont listen to Starstryker; make it as expencive as youd like. At last I can show my grattitude with some hard currency lol
Sirval
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Post by Starstryker »

....now where did I put that pot of boiling oil......

Starstryker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Ok, now you have my complete and undivided attention. If you don't do that at a published book, any plans on posting it here?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:pft, discrete, blah.

Thanks. :)

But I meant discrete about not putting chapters wholesale up on the internet so you don't lose first publish rights for a publishing company.

Tormenting the local peons around here with plot snippets isn't a problem.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:
Fel wrote:pft, discrete, blah.

Thanks. :)

But I meant discrete about not putting chapters wholesale up on the internet so you don't lose first publish rights for a publishing company.

Tormenting the local peons around here with plot snippets isn't a problem.
But ooooohhhh so much fun... :twisted: