NEW books out any thoughts....

MISER
Katzh-dashi

NEW books out any thoughts....

Post by MISER »

So we have had a few more books published lately that continue series we have discussed before.

First Robert Jordans newest in the Wheel of Time saga. Gotta say I liked it. It was transitional and begins to bring things to a conclusion as we get some answers and a foundation laid for the next and finally FINAL volume. Any thoughts on where things may go in surprising ways?

And Terry Pratchetts newest THUD is a great continuation of discworld... THUD the sound a Trolls club makes when it hits a Dwarven head or anything else continues with my favorite disc world characters in the watch .... there is a secondary childrens book as well resulting from this book.. pretty cool actually!

Anyway for the bibliophiles out there I reccomend both books having found them to be good reads. Now I need another.... SIGH!

John
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: NEW books out any thoughts....

Post by Shadowhawk »

MISER wrote:First Robert Jordans newest in the Wheel of Time saga. Gotta say I liked it. It was transitional and begins to bring things to a conclusion as we get some answers and a foundation laid for the next and finally FINAL volume. Any thoughts on where things may go in surprising ways?
I thought that Rober Jordan would write "Wheel of Time" saga till the end of the time, or his death, whichever comes first. With less and less true action from book to book...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

David Weber's next one in the Honor Harrington series should be out here in next few weeks, At all Costs, I bought the ARC version, was really good...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

MISER wrote:So we have had a few more books published lately that continue series we have discussed before.

First Robert Jordans newest in the Wheel of Time saga. Gotta say I liked it. It was transitional and begins to bring things to a conclusion as we get some answers and a foundation laid for the next and finally FINAL volume. Any thoughts on where things may go in surprising ways?
John
OMFG, you mean he's actually going to finish the damned series?

I think I may actually have to pick the book up then.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I'm still around book... nine, I think. Haven't read New Spring either. I'll probably catch up once and for all when the last book is out.

My library hasn't gotten Thud! yet, but it's definitely on my to-read list. I did manage to read Where's My Cow?, the spin-off, which wasn't something I'd buy for myself (really little kid book) but an amusing hint at Thud!

Sadly, I've got so much homework it's all I can do to remember what I want to read over Christmas. Otherwise I'd sit in the bookstore and finish it.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.