All Books - The Firestaff Series - HTML (SOL format)

gcomyn
Initiate

All Books - The Firestaff Series - HTML (SOL format)

Post by gcomyn »

Here are all of the books, format like SOL stories are.

There is a frameset (Default.html), an index, a title page, and a file for each chapter.

This is the last format that I will upload, unless someone asks for more. I've got LIT, PDF, TXT, PDB (2 zips), and HTML (1 html file per book, not linked)

So... enjoy... I'm working on compiling the Pyrosian Chronicles the same way, and will probably put the same set up.

GComyn 8)
James_Fel_Galloway@The_Firestaff_Series__SOL_HTML.zip
All books in an SOL HTML format, linked as 1 book.
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 3531 times
gesit
Sui'Kun

Re: All Books - The Firestaff Series - HTML (SOL format)

Post by gesit »

thanks m8

ham
padfoot
Initiate

Post by padfoot »

how can we change the font style to comic sans ms while still retaining the sol format. thanx!
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

padfoot wrote:how can we change the font style to comic sans ms while still retaining the sol format. thanx!
In the "sol.css" file find the following line under the "@media screen{" section:

Code: Select all

p {text-align: left; font-family: Times, sans-serif;}
and change it to read:

Code: Select all

p {text-align: left; font-family: Comic Sans MS, Times, sans-serif;}
When font-family is defined it applies the fonts listed in order, so you should start with the most specific font and end with the generic font family's name. (I think the generic family's are Times, Serif, Sans-Serif, and Monospace. http://www.w3.org is a great resource for all things x/html and css related.)

In this case if you change it to read comic sans ms first, then times, then sans-serif, and don't have the comic sans ms font installed on your computer then the Times family of fonts are applied. and if you didn't have any times family of fonts sans-serif fonts are applied/tried last. If none of those are found then I think the web browser/OS default is used.
padfoot
Initiate

Post by padfoot »

thanx a ton!
acebrain01
Talent

Post by acebrain01 »

2 things i would love to see
1. Pyrosian done in the format
2. firestaff book 2 chapter 18 in your format has a repeat in the last few chapters.
i fixed my copy but it messed up the css.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

Due to Massive Data Loss, I'm resaving all of Fel's works onto harddrive today. I came across this format *points to above* and I really like it. It's been 2 years, but I'd like to encourage acebrain to finish up the reformat for the Pyrosian Chronicles and put them up. And thank you very much for the hard work you did to get the Firestaff Series reformatted.

Also, a question for anyone who's read this format- does it include the four edited chapters of Tower of Sorcery that Fel released?