Upcoming short story: Insurrection.

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Fel
Weavespinner

Upcoming short story: Insurrection.

Post by Fel »

It has been five years since the sudden return of the Karinnes, and the Imperium is on the verge of a war from within.

House Trillane intends to secede from the Imperium and attempt to establish its own empire, and Empress Dahnai works to prevent her empire from crumbling into pieces that would be at war with each other. Not even the fear of the mysterious, deadly Karinne Battle Fleet is enough to dissuade Trillane from its goal, for the Trillanes have shadowy allies from outside the Imperium, and more resources at its disposal than even the Kimdori realize.

All things are not quiet on the home front for the Karinnes, either. Grand Duke Jason Augustus Fox Shaddale Karinne has his own share of house issues to deal with, as the House of Karinne both suffers from growing pains, and also faces a moment of revelation: Karis is becoming too big to keep secret from the Imperium. Already, the Grand Duke knows that some houses suspect that is where the Karinnes went when they vanished, and the Karinne fleet finds itself dealing with more and more probes of the Karis system, seeking out the truth. Jason Karinne knows that the time of the unveiling of Karis is inevitable, only the control over that declaration is the issue. Jason Karinne knows that when the Imperium learns the truth of Karis, the system will literally be under seige from the onslaught of spies and covert teams sent to discover the secrets of the Karinne's superior technology.

Facing an impending war on one side and the endangerment of jealously guarded secrets of the house on the other, the Grand Duke Karinne finds himself playing a dangerous game of deception and intrigue, as he weighs the viability of the Imperium against the security of his house, and the ancient secrets that it guards.

Secrets that, should they become common knowledge, would incite an intergalactic war.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Re: Upcoming short story: Insurrection.

Post by Metatrone »

Yesssssssss it's Christmas Time :D
I just started rereading Subjugation for the Nth time, this is perfect.
Thank you FEL
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

way to go m8
great, can't wait,,,,,
thanks

ham
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I can't wait to revisit Jason and all his friends, I've found myself re-reading it over and over again as I'm bored at work.

:D
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Oooh... shiny :D ! Can't wait to get my greasy little hands on it, well figuratively speaking anyway :wink: .
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

oh boy!!! I've just finished my Nth re-read of subjugation and then I find this. Wonderful. Infact I have to say that while I have found myself unable to read the Kael chronicles too many times, I've read and re-read subjugation so many times.

Ooh! Hope I don't die of anticipation in the meantime.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
TStyle
Sorcerer

Post by TStyle »

I've been waiting for some new Subjugation for a long time... thanks Fel!
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Let me say the word of the year, w00t :mrgreen:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Oooer.

Sounds good. Can't wait! (Well, I can... but, y'know... )
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

I just hope it would be available also from sennadar.plebian.net (aka http://www.sennadar.com)
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

I saw the Karrine crest posted by jrs772000 and got inspired to vector it and create a sample cover. Hope I got it right ...

Insurrection.png
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Wow, that's pretty darn good. Thanks for all the hard work. :)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

I realized that the waves didn't match the style of the rest of the drawing, so I fixed them. I think this is much better and it looks good as gold on black for house armor, too.

[attachment=1]Insurrection.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Insurrection_armor.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Insurrection.png
Insurrection_armor.png
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hmm.... can i have use of that crest as a supporter. Asking for permission.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Kabalman2000,
The images are spectacular. I can't remember how the star was to appear with the pheonix, but with the old imblem I know it was between the waves, which would make the waves bigger or the star lower, but I think the look you have is perfect. I've seen a couple of images with the flat water between the two waves, like your first one, that always looked out of place, but your last two solved that problem.

Now all we need is to have someone who is good with 3D rendering to draw characters with special equipment and include this image in the visuals.