RSS Feed

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Prymael
Initiate

RSS Feed

Post by Prymael »

It appears down atm and I'm not sure if this is just a server refresh thing or related to site changes. Just thought I'd see if it's at my end or if others are experiencing the same thing. Other than that the site is looking pretty stylish and appealing, kudos.
Questions are dangerous for those who would obey without.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: RSS Feed

Post by Spec8472 »

Prymael wrote:It appears down atm and I'm not sure if this is just a server refresh thing or related to site changes. Just thought I'd see if it's at my end or if others are experiencing the same thing. Other than that the site is looking pretty stylish and appealing, kudos.
Yeah, the RSS feed wasn't converted over (it was a mod that wasn't supported in phpbb3) -- I'm looking at how to go about setting it up again (yeah, I use it too, heh)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

RSS feed is now up - you might need to update your subscription though, depending on how well your reader implements HTTP.

Old feed was at http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/rss.php
New feed is at http://forums.sennadar.com/rss.php

There's a blanket redirection from http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/* to http://forums.sennadar.com/* - but not all RSS Readers might like it.
Prymael
Initiate

Post by Prymael »

I don't know about anyone else but it's all good here, thanks for the update on the resolution, I wouldn't have thought to check the live feed for probably another week or so as absent minded I might be sometimes.
Questions are dangerous for those who would obey without.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

I don't know if this is just temporary, or a bug in the RSS system, but it fails to point to the correct post/page, instead just showing the top of the first page. This is no problem in small threads, but for multi-pages, it can get quite annoying quite fast.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Weresmilodon wrote:I don't know if this is just temporary, or a bug in the RSS system, but it fails to point to the correct post/page, instead just showing the top of the first page. This is no problem in small threads, but for multi-pages, it can get quite annoying quite fast.

...aaand fixed.

Removed that annoying SessionID cruft too.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

It seems to be partial, some of them goes to the post, while others show only the top of the topic. To be clear on what I mean, it is in the preview window in Thunderbird, not in the browser the link points to. It seems to be mostly random, but I'll watch over time and see.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Weresmilodon wrote:It seems to be partial, some of them goes to the post, while others show only the top of the topic. To be clear on what I mean, it is in the preview window in Thunderbird, not in the browser the link points to. It seems to be mostly random, but I'll watch over time and see.
Erk... I'm going to have to smack the fellow that developed this RSS feed addin... so many bugs.

Fixed, again -- now goes direct to the post, regardless of what page it's on.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Well, it seems to work fine now, at least. Bet you have a lot of bugs to wrestle with, now, huh?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Ya know, not to indulge too much in thread necromancy, but does anyone know how to set up the RSS feed through Chrome?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Copy the RSS Feed URL to your favourite reader.

Google Chrome, for some freaking unknown reason, doesn't do XML Rendering or detect RSS Feeds. I have no idea why. Given EVERY OTHER browser does this.

There are a few extensions that can help, but I don't have them to hand. I'm sure there's a search engine or something that you could try ;)