Sennadar Forums v3

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Re: Sennadar Forums v3

Post by Mistra »

thanks for changing the color sceme spec, this is loads better and since i've got a lot of free time on my hands, i can see if i can come up with a logo for the forum :D (don't get your hopes up to high though, my artistic skills need practice (lots and lots of it)
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

Your sig is currently showing the HTML code Spec. Thought you might wanna get that pointed out in case you missed it ;)
Ymarsakar
Novice

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thanks for the Sub skin, Spec. Much more usable.
Priapus
Sorcerer

Post by Priapus »

Spec8472 wrote:
Priapus wrote:hey spec, its still early (for me, 06.30am here) but is it me or does the last post indicator seem to be missing...
I didn't realise you'd posted this here, as well as in a Private Message.

Here's my response that I sent via PM, so that others can see it:
If you're using the subSilver2 skin, you won't get the topic in the front page - I had to mod the skin to display it, and I've only done so for proSilver at the moment.

"Google [Bot]" is just PHPbb's way of indicating that the Google Webcrawler (i.e what Google uses to index sites) is currently on here grabbing the latest posts, etc.
Yes, it's on here a lot - every 30 minutes usually.
er... sorry about that... like i said it was a bit early, and had no sleep... i couldnt remember if i posted the message or pm-ed you... sorry about that.
Current Status: 60% recovered from 9 operations. 6 major, 3 minor and will continue to live the they way I want!
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Man did you give me a shock with the new bright colour scheme! The silver one is much more ammenable.
Um, since the board hasn't got a ton of smilies, could we have them all viewed in the smilies box on the side. I find it annoying to click the box to show all of another row to choose from. If we had 50 or more it would be understandable but 22 :?:
Other than that it looks good :).
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Journeywoman wrote:Man did you give me a shock with the new bright colour scheme! The silver one is much more ammenable.
Um, since the board hasn't got a ton of smilies, could we have them all viewed in the smilies box on the side. I find it annoying to click the box to show all of another row to choose from. If we had 50 or more it would be understandable but 22 :?:
Other than that it looks good :).
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :evil: :cry: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :twisted:

Done :P
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

I like how the new posts icon doesn't get wiped on the posts on the following pages. It was annoying to click on a topic and not be able to easily find the new posts if you didn't know the right page to click on. :mrgreen:
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

i've attempted to make a logo for the forums, hope you like it (if you don't, tell me how i can improve it), i'm working on a dwarven theme right now, but i though i'd post this so you guys could have a look :D
Attachments
Shaeram logo.jpg
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mistra wrote:i've attempted to make a logo for the forums, hope you like it (if you don't, tell me how i can improve it), i'm working on a dwarven theme right now, but i though i'd post this so you guys could have a look :D
Interesting start.
A few things though
- The text colour vs background needs to have more contrast.
Probably white for the default theme, and black for the alternate theme.

- The font needs to be clear and legible.
Currently we're using MS Trebuchet on the CSS, and in the temporary logo - but another similar one would work.

The previous logo was... err... not great.
logo_phpBB.gif
(12.68 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

updated, i hope this is what you meant spec
Attachments
logo sennadar.jpg
logo sennadar2.jpg
Hallmist
Sorcerer

Post by Hallmist »

so I usually log onto these forums by going to http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum which is now broken (so is the link at the bottom of sennadar.plebian.net). Can we get those re-directed?
Thanks!

(or, you know...I'll have to change my habits to actually type forums.sennadar.com, which is soooo much work.)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Hallmist wrote:so I usually log onto these forums by going to http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum which is now broken (so is the link at the bottom of sennadar.plebian.net). Can we get those re-directed?
Thanks!

(or, you know...I'll have to change my habits to actually type forums.sennadar.com, which is soooo much work.)
The link at the bottom of sennadar.com / sennadar.plebian.net was fixed about... 20-or-so hours ago (from this message). Just tested it again.

As for redirecting "forum" -- that's what I tried to do, but it's not working (just delivers bizzare errors) However if you add a slash "forum/", it does work.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Hallmist wrote: (or, you know...I'll have to change my habits to actually type forums.sennadar.com, which is soooo much work.)
I just updated my bookmark and I have it's set to use the keyword 'fel' so I just open a new window and type fel to get here ;)
That works for Firefox and opera, just right click on the bookmark in the bookmark manager and select properties and add an entry for keyword/nickname. :mrgreen:
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

Does anyone know how to hide some of the boards?

Like if I only wanted to display the "General" and "Book Specific Discussion" boards? (as in collapse/hide the "archive" and "trash")
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

storyreader2005 wrote:Does anyone know how to hide some of the boards?

Like if I only wanted to display the "General" and "Book Specific Discussion" boards? (as in collapse/hide the "archive" and "trash")
Erm... Potentially I could do this with groups. i.e join the group and you can no longer access archives or the trash... leave it and you can see them. Why, though?