Demon's Bane, chapter 14. *sniff*

Fel
Weavespinner

Demon's Bane, chapter 14. *sniff*

Post by Fel »

Here it is. This is the last chapter.

Note, I didn't spellcheck it. I just wanted to give you guys one more reason to nag me. ;)

*sniff*...it's over. WAHHHH!!!!!!!!! After nearly twenty years, it's over.

So, what now? I know you're going to ask.

First, I take about 2 weeks off, and find out what it's like to play Everquest again. ;)

Then, I'm going to start going back through Firestaff/Pyrosian and editing out all the mistakes, so MAKE SURE TO MAKE USE OF THE ERROR THREAD IF YOU FIND ANY, just don't point out spelling errors. I think I have MS Word's spellchecker set up now to work the way I want it to. You guys have done more to point out my mistakes than I could have ever asked for, and I thank you for it.

As I correct the chapters, I'll release them, just in case anyone wants the fancy version. But I'm sure most of you will keep the "pure" versions. ;)

While I'm editing, I'll also be doing the prep work for The Shattered Rainbow. I have maps to draw, bios to generate, plot outlines to prepare, and and so on. I just pray I can make Tanner Goldmane as much fun as Tarrin Kael was.

Which I'll be doing simultaneously with my Japanese summer coursework. I've put that off too long already to finish Demon's Bane, and I have a stack of work THIS HIGH to work through before the fall semester.

Once I finish that, I might toss out a little short story or two set in Subjugation or Sennadar, just something fun, and then I'll get to work on Rainbow.

It's been a long ride, and I know I've annoyed you guys at times with my slow and erratic posting. Hell, I even wrote an entirely different book in the middle of it. But here it is, guys, half a life's worth of work.

And it's all done.

I hope you enjoyed reading it half as much as I enjoyed writing it.

<b>Edited by Spec8472:</b> As always, spoilers discussion <a href="http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... =901">over in the spoilers thread</a>
Attachments
demon14.doc
(179 KiB) Downloaded 2145 times
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
freethrow
Sorcerer

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 14. *sniff*

Post by freethrow »

Thanks once again, Fel. I haven't read this yet but I am sure it is a good as all the rest and I look forward to it.

Have a really good break,

Freethrow
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Thank you Fel ! I wish, I had your determination to finish a project that has been in the making so long. You are awesome good luke in all your future endeavores !!!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Thanks Fel, very very good ending, and you can always right some short stories in the universe dealing with Minor char's.
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

I can't believe it's oooovvvvver....*sob*
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
Flame_Champion
Initiate

Post by Flame_Champion »

Many thanks for some of the best material I've ever read, Fel. Sad to see it end, but I suppose that's what rereads are for. :)
"Whenever you commend, add your reasons for doing so; it is this which distinguishes the approbation of a man of sense from the flattery of sycophants and admiration of fools." - Sir Richard Steele
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

wow (kinda speaks for itself) really good chapet, and a fitting end to the book/series. that last bit whas a bit cryptic though
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

This was (sigh) a grand journey m8
loved reading it over and over again
thanks for all the hard work
hope to see more of your work
cheers

ham

PS
i finaly found the donate-button!!! and gone done it too
if i'm willing to pay for other books (and some are lousy!!)
i can damm well pay(a lot more) for your great stories m8
you still are the best!
H
Last edited by gesit on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Mm... That was nice. Now I’m feeling all nostalgic.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Thankyou Fel - very very much appreciated.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

(Off Topic)

There's a centralised error list for all the Sennadar books, over on the Wiki.

I'd encourage you all to contribute there, if you find issues.

Note: The Error list does contain spoilers, since it goes through almost every book, and points out inconsistencies and errors in every Sennadar book (except Demon's Bane, ironically enough)

Note 2: If you're not already registered on the wiki, read the instructions on how to do so, over here: http://wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/index. ... gistration
Last edited by Spec8472 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

Have not read it yet but I know it will be great. Thank you Fel for everything you have put into this book. These last few years that I have been following your writing have been wonderful so thank you for taking the time from your life to make ours a little more fufilled and imaginative.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks Fel, From the bottom of my heart
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" Image
Seriously, Fel, thanks for all the time and effort you put into this series. I am sure all most all of us are sad to see it end. But since you have said you'll work on some short stories we will get to live in Sennadar again for a short time and I guess that is all we can ask for. On a side note, the new book looks very promising and I'm sure it will be a 'hit' with us. :D
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Post by Starstryker »

Well done Fel, you have given me something to check every single day, ( most times more than once), and have entered into the hall of fame, of the best authors I know of, print and internet. Here's to hoping, the wonders continue, but don't overwork yourself man, you get a good break, you deserve it.

Starstryker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^