tarrin's attackin the inn

beastkiller18
Initiate

tarrin's attackin the inn

Post by beastkiller18 »

the book after tarrin set to the tower while in the inn there was a fire and he saw a bieng or something in the fire attacking him before he jumped out the window what was that thing :?:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: tarrin's attackin the inn

Post by Hearly »

beastkiller18 wrote:the book after tarrin set to the tower while in the inn there was a fire and he saw a bieng or something in the fire attacking him before he jumped out the window what was that thing :?:
Would assume a Fire Elemental.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

But wasn't this before Wizards and Sorcerers could control a Elemental? The Weave had not been repaired to that point?

Since there were only three Suikin alive at the time. Tarrin, Jenna and Spyder. I can't remember what came with each additional Suikin. Can someone refresh us?

J-Man5
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

J-Man5 wrote:But wasn't this before Wizards and Sorcerers could control a Elemental? The Weave had not been repaired to that point?

Since there were only three Suikin alive at the time. Tarrin, Jenna and Spyder. I can't remember what came with each additional Suikin. Can someone refresh us?

J-Man5
Shrug, it could have been a Fire Demon then...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

It's a weak kind of creature called a Fireshade, related to Mephits, which Priests and Druids can summon. It has no real powers or abilities outside of the fact that, well, it's made out of fire. It makes burning down a building rather easy. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
AmigaDragon
Novice

Re: tarrin's attack in the inn

Post by AmigaDragon »

I just finished book 1 and am now a couple chapters into 2. I've been wondering why Tarrin never mentioned seeing the creature in the fire. Did he think he only imagined it? Did he think it was unimportant? Did he just forget with all the other things going on to and around him?

Oh, and while I'm asking about him:
Did crippling Jula make your pain any less?
"She betrayed me!" he screamed.
...and then...
He recanted the events of the night, his dispatching of Jula, and the branding and warning he gave to the Keeper, then he went on to his life-shattering encounter with the Goddess.
It looks to me like Tarrin missed something in his talk with the Goddess, that he didn't kill Jula (since he had walked out before she breathed her last, allowing her to drink the vial of his blood).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen
AmigaDragon
Novice

Re: tarrin's attack in the inn

Post by AmigaDragon »

I see (in book 3) in the 2 years since the attack that they apparently didn't rebuild the inn. Was business that slow in that area? Was it rebuilt and then burned down again by the invading army? Was it built in another part of the village instead?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Don't forget that the Dal's army first invaded through Aldreth towards Torrain. So, the invasion had to happen soon after Tarrin's parents left. In fact the goblin attack that precipitated their leaving was probably the first scouts for the invasion. (just my opinion)

Fawks

:? Why didn't Tarrin mention the vision in the flames? hmmm.....
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.