Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Post by Lochar »

As usual, please focus all spoiler related rejoicings of a new chapter to here.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 9 (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Post by Metatrone »

Great chapter, Fel, thanks as always. I have a question though...What happened to Tarrin's Shadow? or have I forgotten some piece of past info that answers that question...
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

And didn't Tarrin remember that he could circle with Dolanna already? He'd done it in the final fight with the One, before he created the weave.

Fel, as always, a terrific chapter. I can't wait to read more. I can't wait to see what he can do as the guiding force behind the weave. I think the before and after of his abilities is going to be about like the difference between pouring a bucket of water on the ground and a tsunami. It should be quite good. :twisted:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

The shadow is still out there. It has done more than gained power killing Demons, it's also gotten smarter. Smart enough to start thinking for itself.

As has been hinted, his shadow is up to something.

You'll see it in the next chapter.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:And didn't Tarrin remember that he could circle with Dolanna already? He'd done it in the final fight with the One, before he created the weave.

Fel, as always, a terrific chapter. I can't wait to read more. I can't wait to see what he can do as the guiding force behind the weave. I think the before and after of his abilities is going to be about like the difference between pouring a bucket of water on the ground and a tsunami. It should be quite good. :twisted:
It wasn't that he couldn't circle with Dolanna previously, it's that he had assumed that it required her to drink his blood to pick up an echo of the Cat so it wouldn't kick her out of the circle.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Lochar wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:And didn't Tarrin remember that he could circle with Dolanna already? He'd done it in the final fight with the One, before he created the weave.

It wasn't that he couldn't circle with Dolanna previously, it's that he had assumed that it required her to drink his blood to pick up an echo of the Cat so it wouldn't kick her out of the circle.
And now that dolana is immune to were infection, she and halley (the werewolf, however you spell his name*) can finally get together... as we all know that they both love each other... well, we know that dolanna is fond of him, and he loves her.

So do you think their children would be were or human, or a new breed? :?
~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote: So do you think their children would be were or human, or a new breed? :?
~Michael 8)
Fel actually talked about this in Sword of Fire Chapter 17.
She may decide never to bother, though. Dolanna’s immunity was absolute, but it was entirely possible for her to have children with Haley, and those children would be nearly as she was. They would be born human, immune to Lycanthropy but lack her unique ability to borrow the powers of a Were-kin that introduced the condition into her, but they would have the ability to cast aside that immunity and embrace Were…with all of the pitfalls that came with the condition. Besides, if she gave up her immunity and became Were, she’d lose her ability to take on the powers of a Were-kin who passed on the infection in all the usual ways.
So there's your answer. :wink:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Something I've been thinking about...

After they kill Gruz, someone will have to take over the heart or the weave will collapse, I'm thinking Tarrin's Shadow would be a perfect choice, he wouldn't allow the One to do anything "bad"..

Who do you think will be the heart of the weave once everythings said and done..
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

Hearly wrote:Something I've been thinking about...

After they kill Gruz, someone will have to take over the heart or the weave will collapse, I'm thinking Tarrin's Shadow would be a perfect choice, he wouldn't allow the One to do anything "bad"..

Who do you think will be the heart of the weave once everythings said and done..
*blink* I never thought about that "problem". While Fel could change things on us, I think that Tarrin's Shadow is an excellent bet.
shades98
Initiate

Post by shades98 »

I think that his shadow could be an excellent choice, but I don't know if it will be able to due the job. Even though it is becoming intellegent I don't know that it is intellegent enough to control the weave as well as use it because I don't know if it has the ability to do so. Tarrin being a Sui'ken doesn't mean that his shadow is due to the task that Tarrin gave it when it was created and the powers he granted it to do the job.
GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

I've thought along those lines too, but I was expecting some kind of god to step into that role. I'd never considered the shadow.

Perhaps such a being could be elevated to godhood. It might even take on more of Tarrin's attributes. A physically aggressive being who knows several forms of magic, and hates demons would be a good choice.

Also, I think it's really cool that sorcery could be introduced into werewolves in the same fashion it was introduced into werecats. At first I was concerned due to the enmity between the two groups , but it's doubtful "Mother" would allow much of a magical bash up.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

But Werewolves would never have the same "strengths" as Were Cats. No Were creature possesses all of it's abilities/strengths like the Were Cats except when they are in their hybrid state. So they couldn't handle the really high end Sorcery.

J-Man5
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but in chapter 8 we found out that Tarrin could pull from the full force of the Sennadar weave, directly from Niami. And now, he can also pull from the pyros weave directly, as he is the heart. And just as niami did when tarrin built the weave, we know that niami can work directly through him in pyros. That means that niami can use the power of both weaves when he is in the heart. It also means that she can use him as a priest and possibly an avatar. Fel stated that it would take an elder god to kick the demon lord off of pyrosia, and that pyrosia didn't have one... but that doesn't mean that an elder God from another world couldn't do it... :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

well , i think that by the time tarrin gets done with pyrosia.. there will be a set of elder gods for the world , the fire staff will be destroyed... and tarrin will be free to roam both worlds at will.

cyberia
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Hearly wrote:Something I've been thinking about...

What about one of the other Pyrosian Gods taking control? You wouldn't want the One taking control of it but one of the less powerful ones, who were barraking for Tarrin as he fought against the One.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!