Faey Marriage, Sex and Kids

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Faey Marriage, Sex and Kids

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Forgot to reply to one thing about this one:

Telekinesis isn't a power solely of the Generations. Other Faey can develop this ability. Roughly 12% of the Faey race has some kind of telekinetic ability, but in 50% of them, it'd about make them faint to move a paper clip. Dahnai represents an elite segment of the Faey population, part of that 6% that has strong telekinetic ability.

All the Generations would fall within that 6%, as one measures telekinetic strength.
You know Fel, I know you said you wouldn't write a new story except some short ones, why not one about Dahnai coming to the throne..
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

hey fel,

would like to know... humans breeding with faey... what the kids will be ?

a) human mother + faey father = kid (faey/human/halfling)?

b) human father + faey maother = kid (faey/human/halfling)?

cyberia
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

The products of Faey/human parents are mostly human-looking. Human appearance genes dominate Faey genes. They'll have the skin color of their human parent and human ears, but their Faey parent will influence their facial appearance/body proportions.

This is slightly spoilage, but humans with a Faey ancestor retain hybrid human/Faey melanin, and will react to the Draconis sun. As Jason spends more time outside on Draconis, he "sunburns," and it triggers his dormant Faey melanin. This is causing him to turn blue. ;)

The blue is just a "tan" reaction to the Draconis star, though, and it's not permanent. As long as Jason stays out of the Draconis sunlight, the blue will fade and he'll go back to normal. But, if he really tanned out there, he'd turn just as blue as any Faey, and stay that way so long as he kept exposing himself to the Draconis sun.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

thanks fel...

but curiosity killed the cat.... could you tell us what's the life span of a faey and what would be the lifespan of a human/faey child.

cyberia
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

Ha ha ... draconian tan lines on humans must be terrible. Imagine to have a blue head, arms and most of the rest is human skin color.

That's a terrible mismatch. *shiver*
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

aberia wrote:thanks fel...

but curiosity killed the cat.... could you tell us what's the life span of a faey and what would be the lifespan of a human/faey child.

cyberia
with or without feay/karinne medical technology?

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Given Faey aren't even considered "adult" until age 25, it's not a stretch that the Faey lifespan is about 150 years.

Hybrid offspring have a longer lifespan than a human, but not as long as Faey. Provided they stay healthy, a hybrid descendent can easily live to 100.

That's if they're not tampered with. Faey medical technology can extend a Faey's lifespan to over 200 by using regenerative therapies. These therapies work on humans too, and would add 30-40 years to the lifespan.

Karinnes who are of the Generations had a lifespan of nearly 300 years, because they were engineered to be long-lived, with an artificially robust regenerative ability. It's why Jason has no old scars, his body is capable of very effective and efficient regeneration. Jason, being a Generation, ALSO has this extended lifespan, despite his human heritage. Most of Jason's Generation ancestors died in accidents or from diseases before they reached an unnatural age, though. His line's artifical regenerative abilities don't protect them from diseases, it only helps them recover faster from them. But a disease could still kill a Generation, and they did so VERY effectively when the Faey first came to Earth. They were like the Indians and smallpox, having no defense. It was the plague that killed the Karinnes that came to Earth, proof that their genetically engineered superiority wasn't quite superior enough.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

What would happen if Jason used the Fey regenitive therapy. Would it have no effect on him or would his lifespan increase to about 400+? Just Idel curiosity.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Faey medical technology can extend a Faey's lifespan to over 200 by using regenerative therapies. These therapies work on humans too, and would add 30-40 years to the lifespan.

Karinnes who are of the Generations had a lifespan of nearly 300 years
So, Jason is going to well and truly outlive Jyslin (barring some sort of mishap/medical issue). Wow
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Baring the fact that Karine(sp?) technolagy might have more advanced med-tech and allow her to reach aprox the same age as Jason.
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

nvr mind, i didn't say a thing (just re-read Fel's post :D)
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

It's been implied in places (or I've interpreted it that way) that at least part of Jason's technical knack comes from his Generations genetics. Is this true or false? If it's true, why isn't he the latest in a long line of well known inventors?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fel wrote:Faey medical technology can extend a Faey's lifespan to over 200 by using regenerative therapies. These therapies work on humans too, and would add 30-40 years to the lifespan.

Karinnes who are of the Generations had a lifespan of nearly 300 years
So, Jason is going to well and truly outlive Jyslin (barring some sort of mishap/medical issue). Wow
Unless Jason can talk Cybi into allowing Jyslin to attempt the gene therapy that the Karrines did on themselves to originally allow the Generations to be started.

Although, that might be locked up behind the protocol of the Project, that Jason can't get to.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

If Jason is going to live about 300 years because of his genetics, his ancestors should have done the same. It's strange that Jason has never heard before, that a few persons in his family entertain a very long life.
We know his father and mother died early due to illness or accidents but I won't believe that no one in his family was able to live long enough to get noticed by his own family or outsiders.

Astardis

P.S.: Maybe Jason's family is the source of stories about immortals. :)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Astardis wrote:If Jason is going to live about 300 years because of his genetics, his ancestors should have done the same. It's strange that Jason has never heard before, that a few persons in his family entertain a very long life.
We know his father and mother died early due to illness or accidents but I won't believe that no one in his family was able to live long enough to get noticed by his own family or outsiders.
Fel explained it in another thread that everyone in Jasons lineage had developed a disease (they're suceptable to cancer/viruses/etc), or was in some sort of accident.