Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:But isn't basic DNA shifting something that the Kimdori can do? I mean, wouldn't they have to to get past some of the security that is set up. Remember, there's NO WHERE a determined Kimdori can't get to find out information.

I think it's some other event. Maybe a biological agent was threatening the entire Kimdori homeworld, or something like that, and Jason's ancestors made a cure?
That idea has merit also, as we know Jason's house was the premier scientists of the faey imperium. The two best ideas I've heard so far revolve around Jason's house some sort of debt due to Jason's house helping the kimdori in some incredible way. It is also evidenced by two things, first, the Kimdori call Jason pack rather than just friend as they do kumi, second, the kimdori don't forget anything as they are always able to share their full knowledge with an other (the elder who preserves all medical knowledge for instance). There has to be some memory coupled with the fact that Jason can feel kimdori as they can feel him that would compel the kimdori to help Jason. This simply has to go beyond a simple mistake that the kimdori made in the past and that they are trying to make up for.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

Am not sure about the Kimdori, but if the surviving Kirrane nobles
and train arrived on Earth, and died here during the black plague,
then i wonder what happened to thier ship? why hasn't it been found?
I mean, they had to have died on Earth, since thier children lived to
produce Jason (what kind of parent would leave thier children behind).
They also had to live somewhere, otherwise they'd become vassals or
subjects to some king and that would be documented somewhere
and we would already know about it, since they'd probably watch
Jason, knowing who his family was right?

My theory is it's tied into Arcadia. They must have some sort of bubble
like the PPG in which they lived, and are able to close/hide well the
opening, i mean The empress has yet to find it too.
Your local Witch Doctor
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

This is from memory, so there may be some innacuracies. Fel was commenting on some speculations that were raised about how the Faey ended up on Earth, and became Jason's ancestors.
Spoiler
Show
A scientific contingent from house Karienne were present on Earth when the Imperial civil war erupted and their house was wiped out. It was decided to stay on Earth rather than risk certain extermination by returning to the Empire. To cover any traces of their presence, even though they were beyond the bounds of the Empire, they sent their empty ship into the sun. Jason and the other human telepaths are their descendants and all that is left of that segment of House Karienne.
Tex
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hearly wrote:
Wow, I didn't think about that before, but I would have to agree. I think you might have hit on something here Lochar.
But didn't Fel once say that Jason had no Kimdori DNA? so that would shoot this out the window...[/quote]

Yes he said that ...but he didn't Say the Kimdori Don't have jasons familys DNA..... It can go both ways

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Sangoma wrote:Am not sure about the Kimdori, but if the surviving Kirrane nobles
and train arrived on Earth, and died here during the black plague,
then i wonder what happened to thier ship? why hasn't it been found?
I mean, they had to have died on Earth, since thier children lived to
produce Jason (what kind of parent would leave thier children behind).
They also had to live somewhere, otherwise they'd become vassals or
subjects to some king and that would be documented somewhere
and we would already know about it, since they'd probably watch
Jason, knowing who his family was right?

My theory is it's tied into Arcadia. They must have some sort of bubble
like the PPG in which they lived, and are able to close/hide well the
opening, i mean The empress has yet to find it too.

Once again for those new or ones that have forgotten ....
Quoting from Fels post http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... =6900#6900
A handful of Karinnes not on Karis survived the eradication of the house and were too far away to be reached by assassins, a research expedition conducting research on a distant planet, a planet at the rim of space explored by the Faey, with no spacefaring race beyond to claim it...open space. Instead of returning to Faey society and going into hiding, they decided to simply leave the Imperium and take their chances out in the wilderness. So they took their ship and left, heading out into that unexplored space.

And they eventually found Earth.

They landed in southwest Scotland, in an uninhabited region of the lowlands that's now called Dumfries, and they took immediate steps to ensure that they'd never be found if their enemies came looking. Everyone else thought they were dead, and they were very careful not to give away the fact that they weren't. They landed on Earth, left everything behind (even their clothes), and then sent their ship up on autopilot to fly into the sun, leaving absolutely no trace that Faey had ever landed on Earth except for the Faey themselves, who immediately went into hiding. They came to Earth with absolutely nothing.

There were 67 Faey in that ship. They were the nobles, researchers, scientists, and the support crew and workers that had been with them. Given that these Faey were well versed in both science and "roughing it" out in alien ecosystems, they managed to survive, even thrive, in their new environment. They kept to themselves, avoiding the native population, but that isolation eventually broke down over time, as the fear of a Faey warship appearing in the sky lessened over time, and they came to know that they were safe. They began to interact with humans, and then intermarried. Eventually, the pure lines of the Faey died out, leaving only their crossbreed descendants behind.

Also from the Same Post are these tidbits about Jasons Sister and the Kimdori that make more sense now
And Jason's "sister?" Well, she's real enough, and also of Jason's line, descended from Gora's older brother, who married a Merrane noble and had children, but died before the war began. The sister Miaari told him would appear is a Faey descendent of Jason's root ancestry, a noble in another house. She's a Merrane; and no, she's not the Empress, so don't go there. She's just one of the tens of thousands of Merrane nobles, a minor noble in title only that works for the Imperial government, but she's unique the same way Jason is. She's one of the last descendents of the Karinne nobles.

And Jason will sense her the same way he senses Kimdori. That is how he will know her.

Jason's unique ability to sense Kimdori isn't normal among Faey, and as most suspect, does involve the Kimdori. Jason doesn't have a Kimdori ancestor, but we can say that the Kimdori did have something of a hand in his family line that caused them to develop this ability. The House Karinne and the Kimdori were bound together in many ways, as the Kimdori were helped by the science of Karinne, and Karinne earned the respect and friendship of the Kimdori in return. The reason they're helping him is tied up in this. The Kimdori feel that they owe a great debt to Jason's family, a debt that they thought would never be paid after Karinne was destroyed. Helping Jason now is a way to repay that debt, but they can't overstep their own laws, as well as oaths and agreements they have with other houses in the Imperium, and the Imperium itself. They can't directly interfere, so they're doing their damndest to indirectly interfere.

In case you were wondering <grin>

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Well Done Phantom. Glad to see someone has been reading what Fel has written :lol:
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Most of us just aren't nerdy enough to have it bookmarked... :wink:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:Most of us just aren't nerdy enough to have it bookmarked... :wink:
Maybe we should make phantom the "fount of subjugation knowledge" as lochar is for sennadar? At least we could dub him the "nerd of subjugation knowledge" :wink:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

I think he already has that title...just informally.

Spec, do you think we could get a tag for him that says "His Nerdyness, the Fount of Subjugation Knowledge?" :twisted:
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fiferguy wrote:I think he already has that title...just informally.

Spec, do you think we could get a tag for him that says "His Nerdyness, the Fount of Subjugation Knowledge?" :twisted:
Oh Great ...remember a few little items and they all turn on you.

Besides you understood the [s]seaquel[/s] SQL programing :roll:

and i did not have it bookmarked ,,,exactly i just remembered it was

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Phantom wrote:and i did not have it bookmarked ,,,exactly i just remembered it was

Phantom
Your honor, the prosecution rests... :twisted:
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:Most of us just aren't nerdy enough to have it bookmarked... :wink:
Maybe we should make phantom the "fount of subjugation knowledge" as lochar is for sennadar? At least we could dub him the "nerd of subjugation knowledge" :wink:

~Michael 8)
Just shorten it to Sub-Nerd.

J-Man5
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

There's nothing "Sub" about his nerdiness.... :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:There's nothing "Sub" about his nerdiness.
Right, so just "Nerd" then? :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Nerd..Ju..gate
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.