Subjugation: Questions regarding assassinations **spoilers**

Should Jason use assassinations against House Trillane and their military?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 22

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Subjugation: Questions regarding assassinations **spoilers**

Post by michaelsuave »

So I am supposed to be studying for my semester finals, but thinking about subjugation is more fun. So here is my question, do you think Jason would should or will use assassination tactics? Against nobles? Against military personnel? :?:

Classic guerrilla warfare tactics include either political or leadership targeted assassinations. When facing an overwhelming force your ability to disrupt the chain of command and structure of your enemy is of immense importance. Towards this end, and throughout history, small forces have always tried to decapitate the leadership or command of an enemy at war. Ex. assassination squads in Vietnam conflict, missile strikes at Saddam Hussein, snipers who target commanders or individuals of rank as priority targets, etc... The faey already consider assassinations a part of political actions, just look at Kumi's injury.

So Fel, or anybody else, do you believe that Jason will assassinate members/forces of house Trillane? We have already seen him playing pranks on the noble in charge of D.C., but will Jason take the next step and try to disrupt the faey leadership who are on the ground on Earth?

My vote would be yes. :twisted: Jason has already pledged that he is coming to collect his ring from the Duchess who rules Trillane. In his "terrorist"/"liberator" actions taking out the military and political leadership of the Feay who are controlling earth would significantly hurt the faey. I mean heck, they already want to kill him and are burning down the wilderness preserves to try and smoke him out, what more can they do? They are already enslaving our population; why not get back at the perpetrators directly? I'm not talking about indiscriminant assassinations here; I'm talking about targeted strikes to keep the faey nobles and house military leaders looking over their shoulders constantly. They are looking for Jason, it would be nice if they were worried that Jason is also looking for them... :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
jnormg
Novice

Re: Subjugation: Questions regarding assassinations **spoilers**

Post by jnormg »

:evil: My vote is NO. The risk to Jason of exposure and possible capture, death or severe injury is too great to justify such an option, however attractive it may be. Remember, if he wants to assasinate a leader he has to go where they are. That defeats his stated practice of remaining inside the mountain except for specific clandestine operations where he does not plan to encounter anyone, be they leader or ordinary faey or earth civilian.
Spoiler
Show
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

to hurt the faey they can set up a sniper to shoot stun or paintball or shock or even stink pellants. he shows that they are vunerable, and humiliates them.
.S.A.M.K.M
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

Assassination isn't necessary.

As far as I can see, the subjugation is almost completely a commercial operation. The earth is responsible for producing food for the imperium and a noble house is in charge to carry out the operation. For their work, they get a profit margin.

The Faey have no emotional, cultural, political or whatever connections to the earth but financial. Most of the worst and brutal occupations in human history are done because of political, religional or ideological reasons and those are usually not rational. Financial reason are mostly rational.

If it doesn't give profit anymore, they stop it and do something else. They might fight to keep it profitable but in the end, they move on. One example is the imperialism. In nearly every colony uprisings or revolutions happend once or more often but in the end, it was the loss of profit that got the european countries to pull out of their colonies.
(Even in America. If the English crown had seen a way to get america back with resonable costs, they would have done it for sure.)

So, as long Jason is cutting deep into the profit of House Trillane, he doesn't need assassination to keep his war going. Trillane might loose some of their honor, they might loose ranking between the houses ... but in the end, the financial losses are the reasons that will get them to leave.

P.S.: People are replaceable. That is even more correct in a monarchy. If Jason starts killing nobles, he might be doing favors for the nobles getting the title, money and power from their killed prepossesser.
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

No, because he's fighting a PR war as much as a economic action. Killing Trillaine nobles will possibly threaten the heads of other noble houses as well as turn public opinion against the fledgling movement.

It's possible that he will use the threat of assassinations to keep Trillaine reprisals against the non-combatant population as a way of keeping the conflict limited to areas that he wants, but I think that would be difficult to limit. It's more likely that it ups the ante to a point where pride would keep the Trillaines on Earth long past the point where it is economically feasible.

Tex
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

I don't think it's a good idea. assassination risks upping the ante too far and possibly causing the war to explode.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

jnormg wrote::evil: My vote is NO. The risk to Jason of exposure and possible capture, death or severe injury is too great to justify such an option, however attractive it may be. Remember, if he wants to assasinate a leader he has to go where they are. That defeats his stated practice of remaining inside the mountain except for specific clandestine operations where he does not plan to encounter anyone, be they leader or ordinary faey or earth civilian.
Spoiler
Show
but you forget, jason uses machines to do his dirty work. Jason doesn't have to leave his mountain to attack the faey directly...
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

My vote is also NO. He will play pranks but his conscience will not allow him to directly kill people but more of 'by the way, the prank may kill but gives them a fighting chance to survive' ie like the mines.

He will use pranks, vandalism, el-cheapo version of the war getting the Faey nobles real irritated for them to commit mistakes and show their anger. When it come to a fight, it will always be killing the evil forces ... borrowed from Tarrin character...

Killing by assasination is not a viable option but will create sympathisers but killing in a face to face fight will create honor and excitement. Honor has always been something of a theme in the stories I read by FEL. Sacrifice will more likely happen.

My 2 cents worth of opinion.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
jrs772000
Novice

Post by jrs772000 »

I'd have to say maybe. I doubt that Jason will use assassination in the conduct of the war against Trillane, but I can see him ordering the death of whichever noble ordered Kumi's assassination. Same goes for whichever nobles may have been involved in the slave trade after he has solid proof of it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, Yet with strange aeons even Death may die.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

jrs772000 wrote:I'd have to say maybe. I doubt that Jason will use assassination in the conduct of the war against Trillane, but I can see him ordering the death of whichever noble ordered Kumi's assassination. Same goes for whichever nobles may have been involved in the slave trade after he has solid proof of it.
Jason's not going to have to do anything about the noble that tried to have Kumi killed. Miaara is going to tear them to shreds.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

assassination IMO is not going to help Jason's cause, If anything it will hurt him, as his Goal is to get them off Earth and another Noble house installed, Even doing that, I cannot see them ever not having a bounty on Jason's head as he is the one who caused them to lose Face..
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Lochar wrote:Jason's not going to have to do anything about the noble that tried to have Kumi killed. Miaara is going to tear them to shreds.
Err Miaara wis going to string them up with a thousand threads. Kumi is going to have the honor of using the magnetic needle up the spine and kill that 'damned' noble. A 1 feet long needle that will send electro magnetic impulse strong enough to attract and repel the miniscule irons in the body and cause them to run havoc.

That Trillane noble days are 'numbered'. I guess it is a matter of which Chapter number. hehe.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I would have to say no in most cases i think Jason would rather do something like kidnap a noble in the middle of the night and then tie them to the Washington Monument. Granted if he did find who was responsible for the slaving of the humans I don't think he would lose any sleep if they some how fell out of an airlock. So far Jason has been trying not to kill any one. the more he does end up killing the more it hurts his cause. and let say for what ever reason he was able to kill the Governor of earth well i think it would cause more back lash than sympathy for their cause.
Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.