Subjugation chap 15 spoilers..

aberia
Sorcerer

Re: Subjugation chap 15 spoilers..

Post by aberia »

just wondering....

now that the fey know that Jason is alive.....will they again start depositing the royalty for his patents to his A/c. ?? Is he not entitled to it still.

cyberia
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

aberia wrote:how about... developing a virus that transfers money out of Trillane’s nobles and business a/cs into a number of bank a/cs out of Moridon in Jason Fox's Name.. These a/c's can fund the rebellion.... without things getting back to Vulteh and hurt the trillane's budgets at the same time.

cyberia
This seems familiar... Can someone say "Office Space?"
jrs772000
Novice

Post by jrs772000 »

I can't help but wonder, given that the Imperium knows that Jason is waging a war against Trillane, and that he has now been able to effectively knock out orbital one, what does the rest of the Imperium think of him?? There's no way Trillane would be able to keep the fact that orbital one was crippled and suffered severe damage a secret. Also what does the rest of Earth think about Jason's efforts? Just some musings as i reread Subjugation (don't ask how many times so far i've lost count)
That is not dead which can eternal lie, Yet with strange aeons even Death may die.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

Well I don't think the virus thing will work on the Faey, they are not like the the"Independence day" aliens http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/ that have never heard or computer viruses or computer security. While it is possible to maybe make a virus to attack some computer, Jason would have to be pro at programing in trinary, which I believe Jason has mention he is not exactly the greatest at. I think it was Steve, God rest his soul, that did most of the programing for the rail gun targeting system and other various things.
TJ1020965
Talent

Post by TJ1020965 »

Just wondering, does anyone know if the Faey have insurance? To me Earth is all about profit to Trillane. While the loss of the sticks is obviously going to hurt them, a large increase in their premiums or a total loss of coverage could be a more wide ranging hit to their finances and business in system. Not to mention the loss of Faey tourism and investment. All from Jason publicly announcing his campaign against Trillane and demonstrating his ability to stike and do damage at will allowing the Imperium and Civnet to see Earth as an active war zone.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

What would Jason's popularity rating be at this time among the average human. What about the humor rating with the offworld fey. From a question before, will Jason get back pay on his patents now that he is no longer presumed dead.

Lago
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

if they are rich, why not rob a couple
.S.A.M.K.M
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

lagomilo wrote:What would Jason's popularity rating be at this time among the average human. What about the humor rating with the offworld fey. From a question before, will Jason get back pay on his patents now that he is no longer presumed dead.

Lago
I don't think we know enough about the faey legal system to know whether or not the faey royal patent office will start paying Jason again now that he is assumed to be alive. The problem is that he is an insurgent, and is killing faey, even if he isn't trying to do so. In some/many ways, the faey might consider him a criminal for taking the "law" into his own hands.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

You know I had a thought, why couldn't Jason promote a Strike of all Farm workers?

Now before people just Jump and say, then all the Faey would do would be to use Telepathy to control the people, I'm not sure how many people 1 faey could control with telepathy, Also if he was able to get Video of them using Guns, etc to force people to work, that would Hurt the Trilliane badly (public relations disaster)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Hearly wrote:You know I had a thought, why couldn't Jason promote a Strike of all Farm workers?

Now before people just Jump and say, then all the Faey would do would be to use Telepathy to control the people, I'm not sure how many people 1 faey could control with telepathy, Also if he was able to get Video of them using Guns, etc to force people to work, that would Hurt the Trilliane badly (public relations disaster)
I don't think it would have to be a constant control, rather a putting the thought in their head... "you want to work, you hate striking" That sort of thing. Just as Jyslin can give scott a completely different personality, the faey could just plant the new thoughts in their heads and let them get back to work.
~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

michaelsuave wrote:
lagomilo wrote:What would Jason's popularity rating be at this time among the average human. What about the humor rating with the offworld fey. From a question before, will Jason get back pay on his patents now that he is no longer presumed dead.

Lago
I don't think we know enough about the faey legal system to know whether or not the faey royal patent office will start paying Jason again now that he is assumed to be alive. The problem is that he is an insurgent, and is killing faey, even if he isn't trying to do so. In some/many ways, the faey might consider him a criminal for taking the "law" into his own hands.

~Michael
I seem to remember something about the royalities having to be paid even if you were in jail.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

arargh wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:

Lago

~Michael
I seem to remember something about the royalities having to be paid even if you were in jail.
Cool, If so, can you find me a chapter and page quote then?

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:
arargh wrote:
michaelsuave wrote: I don't think we know enough about the faey legal system to know whether or not the faey royal patent office will start paying Jason again now that he is assumed to be alive. The problem is that he is an insurgent, and is killing faey, even if he isn't trying to do so. In some/many ways, the faey might consider him a criminal for taking the "law" into his own hands.

~Michael
Cool, If so, can you find me a chapter and page quote then?

Chapter 8
I set up that part of it,” she answered. “When you thumbed up, you activated the account. I can’t
fake that, like I said, Moridons have pretty strong security. Now, just give me a few minutes. Those
royalty payments right now are being channeled to my account,” she admitted with a grin. “I figured what
the hell, you couldn’t use it, and the Ministry won’t stop sending the payments unless you’re confirmed
dead. That’s the law. Even if you were in prison, they’d still pay you.”
“You were stealing my money?” he asked, then he laughed. “Kumi!”
“Hey, I never said I was nice,” she winked. “I’ll give it back to you. Minus a twenty five percent fee,
of course,” she said with a smirk

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

arargh wrote:I seem to remember something about the royalities having to be paid even if you were in jail.
The issue is that the patents became public domain once the imperium declared him deceased. (Chapter 11/12, iirc)

In most western countries - if something is released into the public domain legally, it can't be withdrawn after that.

Whether this would apply because there was a mistaken assumption on the part of the Imperium, well... that's for Fel to decide.

Also - I've come up with a new saying:

WWJD: What Would Jason Do. (With a box of Marbles) ;)
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

i think marbels was a one time thing... Magnetic containment can be easily gennerated and the marbels will be ineffective...I thinks Jasons sister will see to it.

cyberia