Jason to form his own Noble House?

Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by Fel »

Making it up as you go is a staple of writing.

We all do it.

You build a framework of known facts, then flesh it in with stuff you make up, often on the fly.

What matters most is REMEMBERING what you made up and building on it.

Thus is why I keep a notebook by the computer and my handy "subref" word doc, ready to capture these leaps of artistic faith.

Hearly: at the time it existed, Karinne was a minor house. Because of their strict selective breeding programs, they never intermingled their blood with the ruling house enough to be considered Highborn.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

This mysterious goal that House Karrine had, was it an evil mysterious goal? or a good mysterious goal?
Your local Witch Doctor
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Hahahaha, well, if I answered that, then I'd be saying too much.

Then again, I could just be saying that to torment you until I reveal the answer.

Or maybe not.

Either way, the evil of the intent behind this statement remains intact.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:Hahahaha, well, if I answered that, then I'd be saying too much.

Then again, I could just be saying that to torment you until I reveal the answer.

Or maybe not.

Either way, the evil of the intent behind this statement remains intact.
It was an evil goal.

The Karrine wanted to remain completely neutral until their telepathy was so powerful that even the most powerful minds of the other houses couldn't stand up to them for a moment.

Then they would dominate whoever was the current Empress and rule from behind the scenes, allowing for whenever the ruling house changed, because they could just redominate them all.

Thus, the Karrine would be able to maintain their 'neutrality' but also rule the Empire.

HA!
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

What I find worth pondering over is, that I don't think that Jason could be a full noble by heart. Let's see...

Jason started his war/opposition because of the injustice the noble house Trillane did on his fellow humans. His primary idea is, to get Trillane off earth and a better suited house as rulers. But feudalism is flawed. Even if the next ruler is a good one, the citizens can't influence who is going to rule after her/him. The next duchess or duke might be like the Trillanes.

I personally can't see Jason as a feudalistic noble ruler of earth. Maybe he creates a house with all the titles with a grand duke, dukes, counts, barons and zarinas but they are only figureheads like the british queen. The real political power should be given back to the people and they elect a prime minister, chancellor or even a president who is running the show in a democracy. (parliamental monarchy?)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

mabey he will be the go between for earth and the imperium. settle relations, ambasidorially
.S.A.M.K.M
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hearly wrote:
Fel wrote:Yes.
Thanks Fel, Only reason I was asking was going back to the early chapters, Males were considered property (slaves) like women used to be treated before the 20th century..
HeHeHe ...You did bring up a point i forgot ....

House Trilanne did a bad bad thing ...How's it going to Look on INN when it's reported they attacked what to the FAEY is essentially Red cross Workers and a women ....if you Remove Meya who was only acting as a body guard at the time. then you have Just medical personal and what would be tto us the same as 2 females being attacked In Faey reallity Non Combatants <grin>

Oh and i forgot Fel answered another question too
“Jyslin Shaddale, subject of House Denalle.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hmm.

The Karinne heritage is just being revived. The Kimdori besides paying a blood debt, may knew the original intention of the Karinne. Kimdori could be the living virii 'computers' of the Karinne... an evolution of computer viruses with memories.

Jason, being told what the so-called 'evil' intent of the Karinne, may or may not use it to the fullest. My bet is Jason being 'noble' and honest will just fulfill the intent but with a twist. The Kimdori can then release some kind of power & treasure trove etc to Jason upon fulfillment of certain objectives.

Hmm, so far Kimdori, who can lift knowledge, skills, etc from whoever, including Jason, has not dabble in technology. Does the Kimdori has limitations, a clamp imposed by the Karinnes preventing them from being 'errant'.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

How old as a race are the Kimdori?

Lago
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

lagomilo wrote:How old as a race are the Kimdori?

Lago
Looking at the numbers

Current Year - Year 4395
Karinne Destroyed - Year 2887 (Earth at that time in 500 AD thereabouts)
Karinne height of power - Year 2550

At least 1500 years
Best guesstimate by me - about 3000 years (sometime after the second civil war)

FEL should know best. hehe

Mizriath
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

pardon me, but I forgot about the year conversions ... so I assume Faey years numbers.

Earth years numbers may be different.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

But in Chapter 16, FEL mention in the story by Songa,

Well, this certainly dates the event, Songa sent. The Karinnes were destroyed about thirteen hundred of your years ago. That would place this visit around, what, the year 700?

So you can imagine my counting of the numbers can be different. Because current Orthodox calendar to year Karinne destroyed
2887 to 4395 is 1508 orthodox years. I presumed the Karinnes who descended Earth is +/- that same year unless it took 200 years for Karinne to find Earth.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

lagomilo wrote:How old as a race are the Kimdori?

Lago
Well, humans are only 100,000 years or so old, as a species. That could be a long time, or it could be a blink of the eyes.

There are some races out there in the Subjugation universe that have pictures of the nebula from which our sun and planets formed.

But that wasn't the question. ;)

I know people are gonna jump all over this with wild theories and speculation, but the Kimdori, existing as the sentient species presented in the book, are tens of millions of years old...but their existence as a space-faring race is only about ten thousand years.

Why? Well, that's rather simple. No one ever got close enough to their home system to realize they were there, and the Kimdori didn't really care to make the first move. Only when they felt it was in their best interest to put a hand in with their less civilized, more impulsive neighbors did they leave their home and start snooping.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Well, this kill a bit of my theory that the Karinnes crated the current form of Kimdori if the Kimdori are already space faring sentient for 10,000 years.

Zapped brains.

Mizriath
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

So the Kimdori just sat around on their home planet without a care in the world, until the Faey came about and then all of a sudden they decide, "Hey lets go bother those blueskins"? If so then, why didn't the Faey make them join the imperium? despite their cool form changing abilities, it'd be really easy to threaten thier homeworld, how did they stay independant? and why? and how many other empires have tried to subjugate THEM?

P.S. On a side note, i don't spose the Kimdori are the ones that suggested said evil/good ultimate goal of the Karinne?
Your local Witch Doctor