Sub Chapter 14 - Spoilers

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Sub Chapter 14 - Spoilers

Post by J-Man5 »

Sangei was a condition where one would literally sweat blood from ruptured capillaries in the pores, caused by the ruptured vessels that tended to happen during telepathic combat.
Actually happens in humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis

Also - Luke 22:43, 44

J-Man5
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Sub Chapter 14 - Spoilers

Post by Hearly »

I'm still confused a bit about the story, I mean we (some of us) do know the WHY humans have the talent, but It looks like Fel changed it, and/or it doesn't apply to Jason, I think fel said at some point that Jason is not related to the Kimdori, but that seems to have changed...

Fel, wanna comment?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

There wasn't just a handful of Faey that arrived when Jason's ancestors came to Earth. There were over 200 of them.

Tim and Temika share a common ancestor, they descend from a single Faey. Jason's ancestor is from a different family, whose genetic sequence is a little different from most other Faey. That's why there's a genetic disparity between Jason and Tim and Temika. Jason's telepathic ancestor is from a different line.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

this is way too much red wine talking, but I predict the Makati will do the tunneling and the rebuild on Cheyenne Mountain. Dunno where Fel's gonna get Jason some of them though...

glug glug glug. Back to gutting my bathroom. Removed toilet, vanity top, vanity cabinet, mirror today. Floor tomorrow. The joys of homeowning and all that. MORE wine!

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel wrote:There wasn't just a handful of Faey that arrived when Jason's ancestors came to Earth. There were over 200 of them.

Tim and Temika share a common ancestor, they descend from a single Faey. Jason's ancestor is from a different family, whose genetic sequence is a little different from most other Faey. That's why there's a genetic disparity between Jason and Tim and Temika. Jason's telepathic ancestor is from a different line.
Sounds like one of the "destroyed" Faey houses may have some children here on Earth.

Since they are Faey descendants then they should have all rights and privleges that come with them. And they have precendent of time spent on Earth as well. He who has it longest owns it.

J-Man5
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

MommyDoom wrote:this is way too much red wine talking, but I predict the Makati will do the tunneling and the rebuild on Cheyenne Mountain. Dunno where Fel's gonna get Jason some of them though...
Good pickup there... Perhaps through that Kimdori in the warehouse?
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

This is OT but is any admin going to update the banner at the top to show Subjugation ch 14 ( new!)...

I almost missed the new chapter coz I was only checking the banner to see if there was any new stuff...
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

afrigeek wrote:This is OT but is any admin going to update the banner at the top to show Subjugation ch 14 ( new!)...

I almost missed the new chapter coz I was only checking the banner to see if there was any new stuff...
Good point, forgot I had to do that ;) Fixed.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

J-Man5 wrote:
Fel wrote:There wasn't just a handful of Faey that arrived when Jason's ancestors came to Earth. There were over 200 of them.

Sounds like one of the "destroyed" Faey houses may have some children here on Earth.

Since they are Faey descendants then they should have all rights and privleges that come with them. And they have precendent of time spent on Earth as well. He who has it longest owns it.

J-Man5
Give this man a cookie ........unless it's a past memory of a chat Fel and
I had on IRC about just this subject ... 8)

J-Man5 wrote:Since they are Faey descendants then they should have all rights and privleges that come with them. And they have precendent of time spent on Earth as well. He who has it longest owns it.
In Chapter 14 Fel wrote:“It was our version of your second world war,” Songa told him. “It shaped our modern history,because that was the war that brought the Empress’ noble house into power.”
Spoiler
Show
Just remember .....those "destroyed" Faey houses are one of the reasons the Empress's House came to hold that power.
You could be close to causing another Civil war......unless Jason Treds very softly on some of these issues

But it should be interesting when you get down to House Trillane <EBG>
The Vorlon's once wrote: "The avalanche has already started.

.............................................It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Humm I guess we can scratch Temika off of the Sister Wielding his Sword list now.....

Wanta bet he finds her using that new DNA detector thingy ?<G>

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:
MommyDoom wrote:this is way too much red wine talking, but I predict the Makati will do the tunneling and the rebuild on Cheyenne Mountain. Dunno where Fel's gonna get Jason some of them though...
Good pickup there... Perhaps through that Kimdori in the warehouse?
How do we know that Kimdori and Faey haven't Mated in the past ?
it's possible Jason's Ancestor is a descendent of that union?
In Chapter 14 Fel wrote:“Them and seven other houses,” Songa said. “There was a great deal of literature about that era, and that was my minor in medical school.The Karinnes, the Odarres, the Shuvennes, the Poyalles, the Sendarres, the Makati house of Ovi, the Brannes, and the Wurennes were all destroyed in that war.”
now there's an Interesting Little tid-bit in this chapter <G> ment to slip in under the radar ? ......also i wonder just who were allies on each side in that war ....and where did House Trillane fit into it all??
Spoiler
Show
Wonder just how many could have ended up hiding on earth in the past ?
Phantom
(just hanging out waiting to see what drops out of the gene-pool next)
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I begin to wonder who's ancestors tinkered with whom? Advanced Human andcestorys helping the ancient Faey. Or Ancient Faey tinkering with humans to make themselves compatible. Or is there some other race involved with the tinkering of DNA and such. One that the Kimdori hold allegience to? The original Masters of Orion.

Ya know Fel I do hope this isn't a fan fic of MOO.

Or could it be some sort of homage to Arthur C. Clarke and the 2001 Space Odessey series with man and other life forms being "uplifted" to intelligence by a "creator" species.

Just some possible ramblings.

Now if we can just figure out if humans have some Skaa DNA in them too.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Nobody "tampered" with any of the humans, or the Faey, or anything like that. ;)

The lineage of Jason and the other human telepaths is quite natural. The humans are natural, the Faey are natural.

And before you ask, the Kimdori are natural as well. Their capabilities are the products of evolution, not engineering.

There are engineered beings around though. Most of them are genetically engineered to be telepaths, done by other races to give them some protection against the Faey.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

Well I figure I might as well give my own predection as to how Jason and crew came about.....I Think it was Professor Plum In the Study with the candle stick. Sorry I could not resist the bad joke. Okay enough of that seriously I think that some faey probably from the distroyed houses
  • 1) either went on an exploration trip and got lost, engine dide or what not
    2) they knew that the other houses were coming to kill them and escaped but because if they returned they would be killed. Ended up on eath and well yea got it on with the eathlings.
    3) a space ship probaly filled with a good 50 to 100 feay or so went thru the staqrgate with some thing left on and got thro n around in space and ended up near earth. Cause they had no clue were they were they settled down.
The reason I think it is form one of the lost/destroyed house casue Jason is unique in the fact that he is male and is a strong telepath. Now In Chapter 14 it talked about how Gora was ahead of his time and well that might have been one of the reason the houses were destroyed strong male telepaths. Now i know it did not sepcificly say that Gora was a strong Telepath but that would be one reason why he had a female name and be "ahead of his time". And that is all that I can predict, I might be right, I will most likely be wrong but only Fel knows that. And he will not tell us until it is time.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

codewarrior wrote:Well I figure I might as well give my own predection as to how Jason and crew came about.....I Think it was Professor Plum In the Study with the candle stick. Sorry I could not resist the bad joke. Okay enough of that seriously I think that some faey probably from the distroyed houses
  • 1) either went on an exploration trip and got lost, engine dide or what not
    2) they knew that the other houses were coming to kill them and escaped but because if they returned they would be killed. Ended up on eath and well yea got it on with the eathlings.
    3) a space ship probaly filled with a good 50 to 100 feay or so went thru the staqrgate with some thing left on and got thro n around in space and ended up near earth. Cause they had no clue were they were they settled down.
The reason I think it is form one of the lost/destroyed house casue Jason is unique in the fact that he is male and is a strong telepath. Now In Chapter 14 it talked about how Gora was ahead of his time and well that might have been one of the reason the houses were destroyed strong male telepaths. Now i know it did not sepcificly say that Gora was a strong Telepath but that would be one reason why he had a female name and be "ahead of his time". And that is all that I can predict, I might be right, I will most likely be wrong but only Fel knows that. And he will not tell us until it is time.
GIGGLE Oh Fel should i ruin his whole day and Post the IRC chat log about this? 8)

Naw I've made/given enough Clues for them to figure it out... :roll:

Ok one more
Spoiler
Show
Your very very close a lot of the above is right according to fel But some isn't .....figure out which.
Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
walther
Talent

Post by walther »

200 Fae on earth, hmm, now the question is how long ago in our past did they arrive? Keep your basic math In de back of your mind, and start calculating. If you start with the fact ( more or less) that one generation is about 25 years then the further you go back say 500 years, the bigger the number of decedents those Fae should have on earth. And that means the bigger the number of people on earth should have de telepathic gene. The numbers should run in de millions if not billions. I do not think that Jason should have a problem with finding telepaths for his resistance.

So why are there not more telepaths found? My guess is that earth telepathy only becomes operant when the earth person is subjected to a large (?) number of very intense telepathic experiences. The mind-melt like experience when having sex, or the mind torture are good examples.

Now with this in mind Jason should try and look for already trained and experienced earth soldiers such as those of the special forces (commandos) and the like that have the gene.