A true Firestaff god versus The One

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: A true Firestaff god versus The One

Post by Lochar »

Doubtful, as the Firestaff wouldn't let itself be taken off of Sennadar the first time Tarrin went to Pyrosia.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

But maybe Tarrin could "power up", like the Val's shadow (aka Stragos Bane) did? Just musing.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Ah, but when Tarrin took the staff away from Stragnos, he lost access to the infinite energy. I can't see Tarrin taking only a limited amount of power from it.

Also, Bane was the creation of a Firestaff God, most likely with the knowledge of how to draw that energy. Tarrin is no longer a creation of the Firestaff, so I don't know if he'd be able to draw the energy when it's not part of that 5000 year period.

Support my brother.
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Tarrin need only look to the actions of Niami when she attacked Val using Tarrin,Jasana and Jula as the conduit for her power.
In the same way Tarrin could circle with Jasana,Jula,Tara and Rina. He can act this way on Pyrosia using his small amount of endless Divine power. He will be the lead and the others would be giving their power to him to direct. I could see this as being more than enough to eliminate the Demon Lord regardless of him using the power in his sword. How he gets to this stage I haven't worked out yet!!

RobJ
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

You're confusing Circling for Sorcery with Divine power. Regardless of how many people Tarrin Circles with, the Divine power he has access to is still the same. Just the amount of Sorcery he has goes up exponenially.

Also, Niami used Tarrin, etc. as a conduit because they were true believers/worshippers of hers. Only Dolanna is currently, and that won't stay that way for long.

Besides, Niami had to use them because it was the rules. She couldn't directly bring to bear her power against Val. Since when has Tarrin had to follow that rule?

Support my brother.
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

To explain it in clearer terms. Tarrin can use his limited Divine power in conjunction with sorcery (include Dolanna in circle, Were Cat Blood and Immunity as granted by Tarrin). Wizard,Priest and Druid magic would also be able to be utilised, as with the creation of the Weave which intoduces the rules of Niami Goddess of magic in Sennadar and the presence of the Elder Gods of Sennadar, Tarrin as Mi'Shara (an Entopic entity) who does change the rules every time he acts would as I suggest have a combined power which would nearly shatter the balance of Pyrosia. Remember that the defeat of the Demon Lord is the last action in the sequence and he would be able to access the power from across the Dimensions as well as from the weave in Pyrosia. Who knows how great Tarrins Divine power is? The Gods of Sennadar certainly don't or they wouldn't have tested him. Being an entropic entity, what is there to say that he can't have greater Divine power than has already been shown. It may well be greater than already signified. It is probably true that the power in his sword needs to be present but I some how doubt that. His soul is divine and that is what is important.
Another thing that occurs to me is that Triana should be able to use her Druid power on Pyrosia as the All is now governed by the presence of the Elder Gods of Sennadar and the rules of magic defined as is the case in Sennadar. That seems to me to be a logical conclusion and begs the question. Why did Niami tell Triana that her power wouldn't work in Pyrosia ? New rules have been created with the creation of the Weave as that in itself was created from the sentinent power of the original Elder God of Pyrosia who had to leave his powers of creation behind when he abandoned the plane of Pyrosia.
The reason I ask that question is that as I said the RULES OF NIAMI AND THE PRESENCE OF THE ELDER GODS OF SENNADAR HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO PYROSIA. It therefore stands to reason that all forms of magic can be used on Pysoria. If not someone please explain why not.
Tarrin never follows the rules he bends them to his will and as has already been observed, the winds of change with Tarrin are never constant but in permanent flux.
Regards,
RobJ.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Robj,

I think you're getting some of this wrong. The elder gods of Sennadar are not present on pyrosia and neither are their rules. The only rules present are the ones governing the use of magic which Niami established once Tarrin had created the weave.

There is no balance in Pyrosia the way you would consider the balance in Sennadar. The reason the one was able to subjugate almost the entire world was because there were no elder gods to enforce the balance.
Tarrin put all of his power into the sword and while being a Mishara allows him to change the rules, there are limits to what he can do. I highly doubt he can create another power source for himself. Even when as a Mishara he resisted Val's assault on him, he could only sustain it for a short while suggesting that there are limits even to Tarrin's power.
Triana cannot use the ALL of pyrosia because it is a power without real sentience. Unlike the all of Sennadar which is guided by Ayise, the ALL on pyrosia would fry Triana if she even tried to use it because there is still no elder god directing it. I believe only the fact that Tarrin is so much in touch with the weave on Sennadar that it would respond to him in ways it didn't to others allowed him to have the kind of intimate understanding of it that would allow him to give the kind of detailed instructions that the ALL of Pyrosia requires and even then, it fried him in the process. That is my understanding of the setup..
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Hi Afrigeek,
In response to your reply. My reference to presence of Elder Gods of Sennadar in Pyrosia comes from Fel's quote towards the end of Chapter 17 in Swords of Fire (the weave has just been completed). If I'm incorrect in my assumption. Why put this quote into the passage at all?
As far as using Druid magic is concerned the over riding constant appears to be in my understanding, not to attempt something outside your true understanding. Tarrin as per usual did something out of left field and knew he was going to die because he winged it with this choice. Tarrins touch of the weave has nothing to do with his Druidic power as far a I can see.
His being Mi'Shara is something he is finally only now coming to fully understand and I would point out that if he is to defeat Spyder,Deva and stay alive but not defeat The One before removing the Demon Lord then his position with in the whole scheme of things, in my opinion remains within the fact that he is Mi'Shara (entropic agent) and his Divine Soul.
This is just my take on things to date and my reasoing is taken from what Fel has actually written and my own interpretation of things that have yet to evolve. As Mrs Wynn has stated he doesn't know when to quit.
My question still stands regarding the use of Druid magic. Why include a statement such as that in Swords of Fire Chapter 17 if it is not relevant to the whole picture?
Regards,
RobJ
Solarstorm
Novice

Post by Solarstorm »

Hi Guys'

according to Fel Tarrin is no Mi'shara right now and wont be until he gives up being a god. So your argument is moot. Sorry to be the one to bring the end of that debate. Go back and reread some of Fel statements in the forums it is quite clear.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Indeed. Having a Divine Soul and being a Mi'Shara are two mutually exclusive things. You can't be a God burdened by rules and a entity of Entropy that exists outside of the rules at the same time.

As to why you might think that the Sennadar Balance exists on Pyrosia, it doesn't. The only one of the Sennadar Elders with a hand in Pyrosia is Niami, and that's only perpherially. Niami is not in the Heart of the Pyrosian Weave, atm Dolanna is. Remember, Dolanna is providing the mental force for the weave, which is not required on Sennadar since Niami does that.

No Sennadar Elder has any true influence over Pyrosia. And since there is no Elder on Pyrosia, the Balance there is whoever has the most power says what the Balance is. Tarrin, tapping into the power of the All (the power of the runaway Elder) had the most power at the time, and set a new power there. Dolanna maintains that, but should she fall, anyone else could step up and use it.

Also, should anyone else be able to use the All of Pyrosia, they could rewrite the world again. Although, after the strong contact with Tarrin's mind, I doubt it would be usable by many people. Only the return of the Elder of Pyrosia or the Demon Lord would be able to force it to do what they wanted it to do.

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Solarstorm wrote:according to Fel Tarrin is no Mi'shara right now and wont be until he gives up being a god. So your argument is moot. Sorry to be the one to bring the end of that debate. Go back and reread some of Fel statements in the forums it is quite clear.
So that what the carefully triggered Dolanna's "crisis of Faith" is for...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Yep. Because he can't be both God and Mi'Shara, he's going to get a physcial body again, screw with Dolanna's head until she doesn't worship him, and then go on a rampage.

Also, anyone else realized that until Tarrin kills Dolanna's true faith, she can't go back to Sennadar either, since she'd be a High Priest and a Sorcerer?

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Lochar wrote:Also, anyone else realized that until Tarrin kills Dolanna's true faith, she can't go back to Sennadar either, since she'd be a High Priest and a Sorcerer?
I'm not sure about the Hight Priest part. Do the True Follower have to be the High Priest?
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

But wouldn't the one and only True Follower also be the one and only High Priest? And any other title in between follower and High Priest. He has a congregation of 1 and they fill all roles.

J-Man5
Bodak
Novice

Post by Bodak »

Tarrin has no divine power it is in the sword all of it!!!! He is not a god dam it he has a soul of one and a little power but that’s when he is in the Nexus in the physical world he is not a god he lost his wings hence his the metaphor of his power he is a Mi'Shara in the physical world in the Nexus he is a god with a little power because he made that body a long time ago, no he did not make it when he died he did not have any power then.

Answer me this is he was not a Mi'Shara at the end before he died then how did he create a the weave in Pyrosia then??, can’t answer can you as it was stated he could not have lasted that long without being a Mi'Shara. In the nexus he is a god sort of in the physical world he is not he is a Mi'Shara with a god soul but without any godly power that was his plan to get back into sennadar the other gods can’t do anything about it because he has no godly powers to be a threat!!.
There is not an end without a begining.