A true Firestaff god versus The One

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: A true Firestaff god versus The One

Post by Lochar »

No Bodak. He inspired True Faith in Dolanna. All it takes is one mortal with True Faith to raise another mortal into divinity.

While he is in Crossroads, he created a body for himself. He created his icon there. Get it straight. At the moment, he is a God raised by mortal faith, or a true Younger God at the moment.

The Firestaff God powers are locked into the sword. Yes. But that is not the godly power Tarrin currently has. If it was, he'd still only have access to the powers he had as the Firestaff God, not the three abilities he's given to himself.

--Edit

Also, in response to how'd he create the Weave. He was a Mi'Shara, and also a Sui'kun(Weavespinner). At that time. His act of selfless nobility and sacrifice is what created Dolanna's True Faith. Read a little closer.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Bodak: there is no need for all those '!!!'.

I think that when he put all his Firestaff divinity into his Sword of Fire and then broke it, he became mortal and Mi'Shara. He used his Mi'Shara powers (well, some of it) to defeat and "kill" The One. Then he created the Weave using the awakened, but without guiding conscience, All of Pyrosia, with some help from Niami in establishing the Weave and its rules - and getting killed in progress. Then he became kind of Younger God, thanks to Dolanna being his True Follower (anyone can became Younger God, even a mortal). If/when Dollana would have "Crisis of Faith", he would cease to be Younger God (so he should get a body before this), and again become Mi'Shara (if you can't truly be God and Mi'Shara at the same time).

The question is: will Tarrin have God's soul, even without divine powers? I think so.

Another question is: Dolanna is Tarrin's True Follower. Is he his High Priest as well? Can she cast higher Priest spells drawing power from Tarrin? Can she go back to Sennadar, being Tarrin's True Follower (Lochar suggestion at IRC that she can't due to the (slightly bent only) rule that no mortal can wield more than one order of magic)?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Probably not, seeing as Tarrin did tell Niami to break her faith gently. Minus the fact that he needs to be mortal and not a God, I can't see Tarrin putting a block between Dolanna and Sennadar in the form of double magic usage, even if Dolanna doesn't use it.

Support my brother.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lochar wrote:Probably not, seeing as Tarrin did tell Niami to break her faith gently. Minus the fact that he needs to be mortal and not a God, I can't see Tarrin putting a block between Dolanna and Sennadar in the form of double magic usage, even if Dolanna doesn't use it.
But, Dolanna is already a Priestess and a Sorcerer, she was Niami's Priestess, hence she doesn't age (as all Sorcerer's do not) thought this all was explained..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Hearly wrote:
Lochar wrote:Probably not, seeing as Tarrin did tell Niami to break her faith gently. Minus the fact that he needs to be mortal and not a God, I can't see Tarrin putting a block between Dolanna and Sennadar in the form of double magic usage, even if Dolanna doesn't use it.
But, Dolanna is already a Priestess and a Sorcerer, she was Niami's Priestess, hence she doesn't age (as all Sorcerer's do not) thought this all was explained..
Dolanna is at best a half-Priest, as she has no real selection of spells that she is allowed to use. Niami suspends their aging to allow them this much, but it is divine intervention that causes this.

If Dolanna were to stay Tarrin's Priest, she would have full access to the Clerical powers that Tarrin could grant. Thus making her a full casting priest and Sorcerer. Something not allowed on Sennadar.

Not to mention, she'd have to give up the faith of being a Kathz'Dashi. Remember, once Tarrin attacks a Solar, he will most likely be deemed an Entropic in all senses of the word. She could not be part of the faith of a creature like that, and of the faith of Niami who must enforce the Balance.

Support my brother.
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but there seem to be some assumptions being made which I feel do not gel.
Firstly Tarrin has a Divine soul. Certainly he has removed all his divine powers into his sword and having broken the sword the powers are locked in it. However his soul is still divine that is something he can't change and as far a I can see it is his soul which determines his limited power. Going back to Sennadar for a new body will only put his divine soul back into that body. If I am wrong in my assumption will someone please give me the exact reference to it being otherwise.
Secondly Tarrin was a God of the Firestaff. Now correct me again, but it is my understanding that as a God of the Firestaff he is outside the strictures and controls placed on all other Gods in Sennadar. I seem to remember a reference to Val as being the God of Entopy. The only reason for Tarrin being as he is, is his love for Niami and the fact that he is a werecat and by his nature did not covert power for powers sake. If he was bound by the rules then the other gods would have no reason to fear him. Also remember that he was described as a Mortal God or Demi God which was in reference to his divine soul, his sword had not at that time disclosed its true power.
I am enjoying the discussion, it gives me the opportunity to look at this story from more than just my own perspective.
Regards,
RobJ
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Lochar wrote:Remember, once Tarrin attacks a Solar, he will most likely be deemed an Entropic in all senses of the word.
I wonder if Tarrin could acquire the item from Solar he needs for his plans by stealth rather than by direct confrontation, e.g. stealing it. Solar might notice it (the steal attempt), but pretend that didn't, by the God of Gods orders.
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Shadowhawk wrote:
Lochar wrote:Remember, once Tarrin attacks a Solar, he will most likely be deemed an Entropic in all senses of the word.
I wonder if Tarrin could acquire the item from Solar he needs for his plans by stealth rather than by direct confrontation, e.g. stealing it. Solar might notice it (the steal attempt), but pretend that didn't, by the God of Gods orders.
Yes, that will be interesting to see how Tarrin goes about that. But knowing his character, I'd say he'd be more likely to attack the Solar head on. Is it just me, or do you think that Tarrin might enjoy fighting beings who are stronger than he is?
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Shadowhawk wrote:
Yes, some people have an idea that Tarrin will attack the Solar. Some even postulated that Tarrin was to steal a Solar's "soul amulet" even though no such thing has been mentioned. Whatever Tarrin needs, I thingk he will try a non-violent method first then bang heads if necessary. Meanwhile, Fel is laughing at our theories! <snicker>

However, there is a whole level of stuff going on and not just Mother Wynn and her "bar maid" assistant. At least one Solar appears to be on top of the game since it is he who ordered that Tarrin's friends would NOT be put to death for breaking the One Rule .. you know... the rule NOBODY is allowed to break. It does look like the Deva are like military in that that info is on a "need to know" basis and not all the Deva need to know about Tarrin. At least some Deva are watching Tarrin since he left Pyrosia.

Picture this ... Tarrin defeats the Solar and is leaving with the Soul Amulet, Holy Grail or Super Power-Up Pill left by mysterious space aliens (anyone remember Underdog?). Behind him, the "defeated" Solar opens one eye and winks at Mother Wynn who is invisible to Tarrin. Let your imaginations run wild from there.

Well, Fel says we have all been wrong so far in our predictions so he must be reading here. I just hope he is getting some writing done also.

--
Jim/Were Fan
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi

Post by Were_Fan »

Halcyon wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:
Yes, that will be interesting to see how Tarrin goes about that. But knowing his character, I'd say he'd be more likely to attack the Solar head on. Is it just me, or do you think that Tarrin might enjoy fighting beings who are stronger than he is?
Nah, I think Tarrin will try to do it sneaky-like then get caught and trash the Solar's "house". Mother Wynn (invisible) will be sitting in a rocking chair with her knitting and watching the battle while making snippy remarks to her assistant.

--
Jim/Were Fan
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Were_Fan wrote:
Halcyon wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote: I wonder if Tarrin could acquire the item from Solar he needs for his plans by stealth rather than by direct confrontation, e.g. stealing it. Solar might notice it (the steal attempt), but pretend that didn't, by the God of Gods orders.
Nah, I think Tarrin will try to do it sneaky-like then get caught and trash the Solar's "house". Mother Wynn (invisible) will be sitting in a rocking chair with her knitting and watching the battle while making snippy remarks to her assistant.

--
Jim/Were Fan
But I doubt that'll happen now, since the "all-seeing" Fel saw this and probably edited his story. :D
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi

Post by Were_Fan »

Halcyon wrote:
Were_Fan wrote:
Halcyon wrote: Yes, that will be interesting to see how Tarrin goes about that. But knowing his character, I'd say he'd be more likely to attack the Solar head on. Is it just me, or do you think that Tarrin might enjoy fighting beings who are stronger than he is?

--
Jim/Were Fan
But I doubt that'll happen now, since the "all-seeing" Fel saw this and probably edited his story. :D
Of course, Fel might like the idea and write it into the story. ;-o

--
Jim/Were Fan
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Were_Fan wrote:
Halcyon wrote:
Were_Fan wrote: Nah, I think Tarrin will try to do it sneaky-like then get caught and trash the Solar's "house". Mother Wynn (invisible) will be sitting in a rocking chair with her knitting and watching the battle while making snippy remarks to her assistant.

--
Jim/Were Fan
Of course, Fel might like the idea and write it into the story. ;-o

--
Jim/Were Fan
Here's to hoping, huh? At least you'd see it coming if he did.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I very seriously doubt Fel would change any of his story to suit this view or that view.

If something you suggested did turn up in the story, it's there because it'd already been planned.

Don't scream that "Hey, that was my idea! I want credit for it!"

Please. I've actually seen writers driven off because people were too good at guessing the twists and then screamed about it, thinking the author had taken their idea.

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

I do hope that we rae more intelligent than do that.

I've read (see the Wikipedia entry on Fanfiction) that there was some serious clash where some author used (or supposedly used) some fanfic or fanfic ide in the world/universe related stories anthology. Which led to some authors banning even more strongly any fanfiction (e.g. from imposing some limits like not using major characters, or using only OC in fanfics) and authors like fanfics but which feel that they cannot read any fanfic in his/her universe.