Thank you, ... now I have to hate you.

Astardis
Initiate

Thank you, ... now I have to hate you.

Post by Astardis »

Hello Fel,

first of all, I really, really have to thank you for your awesome storyline. I was hooked from the beginning and read every spare minute.

I like your great storytelling ability, to create a world with believable characters and neverending ideas and plot twists. Everytime I thought I knew what was coming, I usually was completely wrong or had only small parts correct.

Your mixure of Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series with Dragonball Z was fun from the begin to the end ... and thats why I hate you. :)

I usually only start a story when I know its finished to avoid waiting for new chapters and forgetting too much of the previous ones. I am lacking the free time to reread whole books again and again after new chapters got released. When I began Demons Bane, I saw that there were 20 chapters listed ... and then imagine my horror when I came to chapter 4 (which you released now ... thank god) and found a dead link ...

Now all I can do is wait, find out where you live an send a balor your way to get more chapters faster. :twisted:

Thanks again and keep up your great work.

A new, addicted fan ...
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Re: Thank you, ... now I have to hate you.

Post by MommyDoom »

Astardis wrote:Hello Fel,

first of all, I really, really have to thank you for your awesome storyline. I was hooked from the beginning and read every spare minute.

I like your great storytelling ability, to create a world with believable characters and neverending ideas and plot twists. Everytime I thought I knew what was coming, I usually was completely wrong or had only small parts correct.

Your mixure of Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series with Dragonball Z was fun from the begin to the end ... and thats why I hate you. :)

I usually only start a story when I know its finished to avoid waiting for new chapters and forgetting too much of the previous ones. I am lacking the free time to reread whole books again and again after new chapters got released. When I began Demons Bane, I saw that there were 20 chapters listed ... and then imagine my horror when I came to chapter 4 (which you released now ... thank god) and found a dead link ...

Now all I can do is wait, find out where you live an send a balor your way to get more chapters faster. :twisted:

Thanks again and keep up your great work.

A new, addicted fan ...
Dragonball Z? God, I need to get out more...

MommyDoom
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

Dragonball Z? God, I need to get out more...
If you think a bit ... it makes sense. 8)

Tarrin goes on his quest/mission improves his fighting until he becomes one of the best, fights one big badass after another ...

Those enemies are usually stronger but he finds tactics to beat them, gets stronger after each fight and then comes a stronger one and the cycle repeats. His 'redecorating of the local areas' becomes worse and worse also. Sounds like a Dragonball Z story to me. :)

Astardis
metalchk04
Initiate

Post by metalchk04 »

::sigh::

Being a former DBZ/GT Fanatic, I had to laugh when you made that connection. It's so true.

Ahh, the memories

Piccolo all the way!!! Go green man!
"If you would seek to find yourself, look not in a mirror, for there is but a shadow there, A stranger... "

( \ /)
(O.o)
(> <) That's right, pet the cute, fluffy bunny... I dare you...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

metalchk04 wrote:::sigh::

Being a former DBZ/GT Fanatic, I had to laugh when you made that connection. It's so true.

Ahh, the memories

Piccolo all the way!!! Go green man!
King Piccolo, or the offspring?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
metalchk04
Initiate

Post by metalchk04 »

The Butt Kicking Green Offspring is my Piccolo of choice. I never really saw any of the episodes where King Piccolo was around.

The only evil green man I'll appreciate is Cell he was my favorite villain... so funny. Gotta love all the little clones :D My best friend is a huge Cell fan. Her SN is even LadyCell2000, and I admit that I am formerly known as PiccoloGogetaZGT.

Those were the good old days. I used to flip out if I ever missed an episode.

Ahhh the memories :lol:
"If you would seek to find yourself, look not in a mirror, for there is but a shadow there, A stranger... "

( \ /)
(O.o)
(> <) That's right, pet the cute, fluffy bunny... I dare you...
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Actually, it's not so much a Dragonball Z thing as a shounen (term used to refer to boy's shows in anime) thing in general. Look at Bleach, currently at 55 eps and counting, as well as a lot of the longer-running shounen stuff. But the great thing about storytelling is that authors can take the same basic formula and still make it interesting through the characters.

Really, if you break any story down far enough you'll get a formula a dozen other stories easily fit. The fun part is how it's written.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

mmm bleach soooo goood
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I made the mistake of actually reading the Bleach manga after Ichigo started training for bankai.... now I'm all caught up and still stuck at a really bad cliffhanger.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.