Bargain with The One

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Bargain with The One

Post by Shadowhawk »

Instead of figting with The One, shouldn't Tarrin convince The One that in his best interest would be to unsummon Demon Lord. The One is Younger God, and without the worship he would loose the power, and probably vanish.

But it is not as easy, isn't it? Val couldn't unsummon Demon Lord; instead we had Blood War.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Bargain with The One

Post by Lochar »

It depends on what you consider it. Val was completely defeated, thus breaking his summoning of the demon lord. Did the One lose enough to lose control of the summoning of the Demon Lord and leave it to it's own devices?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Even if the One has figured out on his own that the Demon Lord was a bad idea, he's not going to unsummon it. He's not the type to admit his own mistakes, and he would make Tarrin look even better if he had to admit everyone's favorite were-cat had a point. As long as the One, personally, isn't in danger, I don't think he's going to try to do anything against the Demon Lord he summoned.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Wildcat wrote:Even if the One has figured out on his own that the Demon Lord was a bad idea, he's not going to unsummon it. He's not the type to admit his own mistakes, and he would make Tarrin look even better if he had to admit everyone's favorite were-cat had a point. As long as the One, personally, isn't in danger, I don't think he's going to try to do anything against the Demon Lord he summoned.
It depends, I mean he was willing to Join with Tarrin to destroy the Demon Lord, Maybe Tarrin should have done that then dealt with the One..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Deal with a demon, and you take major chances on being corrupted by the demon. Especially a Demon Lord.

Wynn said that Tarrin actually did the One a favor, so the he wasn't corrupted and became a Bodak.

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

As I see it:
  • The One is Younger God and depends on the followers on power and even his own existence. If Pyrosia is overrun by Demons, he would have no followers. If Pyrosia is turned into Demon's land, he has nothing to rule. That is even more than turned Val againts Demon Lord in Blood War.
  • Killing the summoner supposedly would send Demon Lord back. It is not sure if The One could unsummon Demon Lord: Val couldn't.
  • There is not much t bargain for. Tarrin despises The One, and would like him to vanish. The One could probably let Tarrin go, especially if he was to leave Pyrosia, but there is no love lost between them.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

But that makes me wonder. If a god, even a Younger God, got a hold of a demon's soul amulet, would they need followers if they became a Bodok? They'd have their powerbase be that amulet now, I think.

Support my brother.