Question (Chapter 4 Demon's Bane Spoiler)

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: Question (Chapter 4 Demon's Bane Spoiler)

Post by Shadowhawk »

Dolanna is Tarrin's Hight Priest and True Follower. Mist believes in Tarrin as a Mate, Zyri believes in him as a Tarrin... but they might make this step (but probably not become hight priest). I wonder if there are some Pyros survivirors, or other Pyrosian observing either Tarrin in demi-god fight, Shadow save them from Demons, or Dolanna doings, and having faith or true failt in Tarrin, Aleax the Avenger of Pyrosia...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Dimwit
Novice

Post by Dimwit »

I can see Jun becoming a High Priest. He's a sorcerer and I think that the mute thing is just a phase. He'll grow out of it, probably on Sennadar.

Don't forget the dwarves. While they have 2 gods to worship now, after that battle Tarrin is pretty high up in their pantheon as well.

One issue. That shadow. After it's done with the demons what then. It's going to be pretty powerful and have no purpose. Send it to the core? To the demon planes?
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Dimwit wrote:One issue. That shadow. After it's done with the demons what then. It's going to be pretty powerful and have no purpose. Send it to the core? To the demon planes?
Well, if the Tarrin's Shadow aka. Demon's Bane isn't killed, then it could 1.) return to/merge with Tarrin; 2.) loan him out to fight the Demons on other planes. I don't think he would survive long in Hell Planes... inless he would e dropped somewhere on the lone borders...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

How about dropping the shadow off on planes taken over by the demons then?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Lochar wrote:How about dropping the shadow off on planes taken over by the demons then?
Well, we have no information how the planes taken by the Demons look like. Do the demons suck out the life energy from conquered material plane, do they leave sentients as cattle... It would be better to use Demon's Bane in the planes the Demons are in the process of conquering. Especially if he will get much energy. Hmmm... I wonder if he can get energy from demon's sould amulets... and if he has (or Tarrin can give him) the power to true kill the Demons...
2p1k3
Novice

Post by 2p1k3 »

I want to see Tarrin take the Marilith's soul stone. Of course, he would have to use it just because of who it is and the whole vengence angle of it... so Fel probably won't ever let him get it but it is a nice thought, no? :D

I think that Tarrin 'should' be getting power from some of the people who believe so much in him. It seems that the only one who doesn't see Tarrin as a God is Tarrin. As Zyri suggested once, if he can kill Gods then doesn't that make him a God? The Goddess gets power from people acknowledging her and loving her. Not all of them would fall under True Faith, would they? So why doesn't that same relationship apply to Tarrin? He maybe a firestaff God but if he made Dolanna his High Priest then obviously somehow he changed the rules regarding how his power operates. Which probably has something to do with his MiShara status.

I don't see Demon Bane's power as being useful to Tarrin who might get a momentary rush but Tarrin's power is neverending where as the Demon Bane's power is finite. I also think that Tarrin's 'made' a new body and therefore doesn't need one. The key with Dolanna loosing her true faith in Tarrin is that all his power is locked into her. Without her, he is just mortal. He said he would die because he wouldn't have any tricks to fall back on to keep himself allive against his enemies, imho. I also don't think Dolanna is going to have much problem regaining True Faith in Tarrin. The way it is described leaves me to see he is planning for it to be a temperary thing that will allow him to do something. I am pretty sure that Tarrin is going to be changing his own power further. He mentions that in the end he will be able to live on Sennadar despite what the Eldergods may want. The only way that would happen is if he has someway to work within the scriptures/rules they operate under. I don't remember Fel ever describing those rules but I would hazard a guess that 'changing' his own powerbase to fall inline with those rules would be an element of that. Remember that the primary reason they are so affraid of him is because his power exists outside the power structure.