What is the Creature with Kumi?

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

What is the Creature with Kumi?

Post by J-Man5 »

There is a being who comes with Kumi who is described as 3 foot tall humanoid-looking creature with bright red skin, short white hair, a pair of red whip like antennae jutting out of that hair, dead black eyes, and seven fingered hands.  

What species is he?

Why is he with Kumi?

Is he telepathic?

Questions..... that Fel should answer!

J-Man5
Plshade
Novice

Re: What is the Creature with Kumi?

Post by Plshade »

I'm assuming that you're talking about the Makati, which is one of the seven races of the Imperium but I don't remember seeing that particular description in the story unless I'm blind. (Which is always a possibility.)  He's usually mentioned as 'that really strange looking little red-skinned man whose name Jason could not recall'.

Anyway, I second this request for more information.
What you don't know, wont hurt you. But what you search for, might GET you.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

(Cut and paste from Chapter 9)

The red fellow is a Makati, Symone answered.  One of the seven races of the Imperium.  Ive never seen anything like that other one before, but she was speaking Kimdori, so shes Kimdori.

What does that mean? Regina asked.

Kimdori are shapeshifters, she answered.  They can look like anything they want, but they look like big dog-like animals in their natural form, so they favor those kinds of shapes.  They feel closer to home, Ive been told.  Theyre not part of the Imperium, but theres plenty of them around.  Just about every noble has at least one Kimdori on staff.  For obvious reasons.

Spies? someone asked.

Symone nodded.  Kimdori can sense their own, but they never give each other away.  Its all a grand game to them.  Sometimes I wonder which side is playing which most of the time.  Kimdori as a race know more about whats really going on than any race in the galaxy, given theyre in the middle of just about everything.

I dont remember reading anything about them on Civnet, Jason mused.

Theyre a very secretive race, Symone told him.  That noble girl is really lucky.  That Kimdori with  her isnt her employee, its her friend.

What difference does that make? Tim asked.

Get lucky enough to have a Kimdori for a friend, and you get access to all kinds of information, Symone told him.  The Kimdori are in the middle of most everything going on, and they talk to each other.

Oh.  Ohhhhhhhhh, Tim said, his eyes widening.

So thats how Kumi seems to have her hands in so many things, Jason grunted.

Most likely.  She asks that Kimdori to find out, and she finds out.  Kimdori will do almost anything for a friend.  Theyre very loyal.  Pack mentality.

What? Temika asked.

Pack mentality, she repeated.  Kimdori are canines, and their society is based on family groups.  Packs.  Like your wuff animals.

Wolf, Jason corrected.

Whatever.

Where did you learn about Kimdori? Jason asked.

I went to school with one, she answered.  The child of a Kimdori consulate on my home planet.

Jason raised an eyebrow.  That must have been interesting.

Oh, he was a riot, she laughed.  Once he took the shape of the school headmistress and got on the schools vidlinks.  That was hilarious, she said with a laugh.

(end cut and paste from Chapter 9)

that the info you were looking for?
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Ok so now what is the specialty of a Makati?  

The Kimidori I can tell has some significant benefits.  Anything more on the Makati?

Thanks for the quick response!!!

J-Man5
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

I predict that Jason will somehow get himeself one of these Makati.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

mommydoom wrote:I predict that Jason will somehow get himeself one of these Makati.

MD

And possibly make friends with a Kimidori too!  

I'm still interested in what Jason felt from the Kimidori.  I think Fel has said that Faey and humans are interbred species from way way way back.  But I was wondering if there wasn't some other DNA involved too.  

Just some more random speculation.

J-Man5
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

j-man5 wrote:

I'm still interested in what Jason felt from the Kimidori.  I think Fel has said that Faey and humans are interbred species from way way way back.  But I was wondering if there wasn't some other DNA involved too.  

J-Man5

Well hopefully we'll have answers soon, he said what 2 days ago he had 14 pages done, so that means soon he'll be posting a new chapter..

whoot :P
HarryS
Novice

Post by HarryS »

mommydoom wrote:I predict that Jason will somehow get himeself one of these Makati.

MD
Maybe he already has one in his community.
If they are good enough at adapting to fool the other telepathic races he wouldn't know that.

HS,
hoping that Fel likes his writing this time and doesn't trash the chapter again.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

harrys wrote:
Maybe he already has one in his community.
If they are good enough at adapting to fool the other telepathic races he wouldn't know that.
He might at that but i think from what Fel wrote about what Jason felt on meeting this one  Jason would be able to tell/Feel something if there was one.

As far as the other races if i remember right they aren't Telepathic.  
But they have engineered some of their peoples to have telepathic abilitys or Telepaths among them are very rare. they use these to be able to fend off the Faey. or at least keep tab's on them if any visit their worlds.

In Chapter 5  we find the following  
A direct threat to Faey control, Jason said grimly. Faey telepathy is the main noose around the neck
of the human race.
Exactly, Jyslin nodded. Theyll run all kinds of tests on her to find out how it happened.
Then what? Tim asked.
Well, if she survives that, theyll probably take her to Draconis, fix her, train her, then use her as an
agent for the mindbenders, Jyslin said with a dark look. A human telepath could go many places in the
galaxy that other races would never allow one of us, because they know were telepathic, where they know
from our own records that humans arent. Shell end up being one hell of a spy.
Thats the truth. Every time I set foot on a free station or planet, I have a team of telepaths following
me around, Symone grunted. Thats why Faey really dont go outside the Imperium that much. Were
much more comfortable around people who arent always so suspicious of us.
I didnt know other races were telepathic, Tim whistled.
Not as a whole, but most other races have some telepaths, Jyslin told him. The skaa dont, but most
other races do. Theyre usually very, very rare, like less that one percent of the population. Faey are the
only race in the known galaxy thats naturally telepathic.
Well, if thats true, why is it such a shock that humans might be telepathic?
Because theres six billion humans on this planet, and none of them have any talent, Jyslin told him.
This girl is one in six billion, Tim.
Almost, Symone sent to Jason privately, giving him a sly smile.
So, shes some kind of freakish fluke, he reasoned. Why is that so scary?
Because shes a fluke that represents a real threat to us, Tim. Even an untrained telepath can be
dangerous. Probably even more dangerous than a trained one. An untrained telepath has raw terror
boosting their power, and theyre very hard to subdue. They can kill people, Tim, even a trained telepath.
Oh, ok, I get it, he nodded.
Humm that brings up a couple of questions i hadn't thought of before.
HS,
hoping that Fel likes his writing this time and doesn't trash the chapter again.
Well hopefully we'll have answers soon, he said what 2 days ago he had 14 pages done, so that means soon he'll be posting a new chapter..

whoot  
Well doing some quick math  so far it appears Fel is doing an average 25 & 1/2 pages per chapter in Sub.  so he's over haft way done with chapter 11 so barring any problems such as Trashing, RL, or EQ  we may get to see a new chapter soon.
I'm hoping he get's hit with a writing bug and turns out several chapters in one sitting  ::)   But i'll take what i can get.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

j-man5 wrote:

J-Man5

So I claim to have had the first speculation of Jason geting a Kimdori "friend".  

No comes the real questions that Fel raised in Chapter 11.  

Why did Jason feel the Kimdori "sharing?"

Why is Jason telepathic and why now?

What is really going on in the Imperium?

Stay tuned for the ongoing saga of Days of Our Imperium.

Or for those other people As the Imperium Turns.

J-Man5
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

j-man5 wrote:

So I claim to have had the first speculation of Jason geting a Kimdori "friend".

No comes the real questions that Fel raised in Chapter 11.

Why did Jason feel the Kimdori "sharing?"

Why is Jason telepathic and why now?

What is really going on in the Imperium?

Stay tuned for the ongoing saga of Days of Our Imperium.

Or for those other people As the Imperium Turns.

J-Man5
Possible spoilers  

Ok you realy want to know .....

Jason has some Kimdori DNA in him.....

Jason is Kin to the Kimdori

I was wondering how the Faey could know Humans weren't telepathic before they landed to take over the planet.

Now it fit's  

At some time in the Past the Kimdori  landed on Earth or crashed on it.  and a Kimdori mated with a human... Jason is an ancestor of them

That explains why he can sense them and why they want to help him... it also explains the Telepathic races They are all either descended from a  Kimdori in some way or the Kimdori tampered with other races DNA  

It could be Jason's DNA is less watered down and he's closer to being a Kimdori then those in the other races
Or more of the Kimdori Traits was passed on by his Kimdori ancestor..  

that why Miaari shared the knowlege of the Kimdori language with Jason  it would also explain why no Payment was asked for.  

They are doing it for one of their own.  

Any way you look at it the Kimdori Visited earth Before the Faey Arrived.

Phantom  
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

phantom wrote:Jason has some Kimdori DNA in him.....

Jason is Kin to the Kimdori
Did Fel say this or is this you guessing? Cause if it's just you guessing I disagree just on the sheer clicheness of Jason being both part Faey and Kimdori. There are other reason's that Kimdori could ask for no payment other that him being one of them, perhaps the effects of his actions which help/make something else happen.
I was wondering how the Faey could know Humans weren't telepathic before they landed to take over the planet.
I don't remember reading anywhere that the Faey knew the Human's weren't telepathic. I even reread the intro which said they arrived in two big ships, sent an emassairy and threatened war if Earth didn't give in. No where does it say that the Faey had to know, because two ships say you mean buisness but there is always the treat of them sending more. More than likely the emassary was the first to figure out that they had no telepathy.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Possible Chapter 11 spoilers  
You've been warned

journeywoman wrote: Did Fel say this or is this you guessing? Cause if it's just you guessing I disagree just on the sheer clicheness of Jason being both part Faey and Kimdori. There are other reason's that Kimdori could ask for no payment other that him being one of them, perhaps the effects of his actions which help/make something else happen.
Guessing   but i didn't say Jason was Part Faey..  
I said he was part Kimori.
this this a little in involved and following Clues and putting them together

Remember this
Nothing, nothing, she said lightly. She came back into his view, sliding her hand along his neck, which caused his skin to tingle. She then circled away, trailing her hand against his neck and her luxuriously thick-furred tail against his legs. I see what they see in you. All the traits that a Faey woman admires, even those they dont admit to admiring, they lurk within you. But they lack your spirit. Faey have no faith, Jason Fox, and it is their weakness. Your faith is strong, and it gives your spirit strength. They chose well.

Chose? What do you mean? he asked as she came back into view, looking into his eyes, and he found her stare slightly disconcerting. Her yellow eyes were penetrating, and he felt as if they were looking into his soul.

Those who made the choice, she said cryptically, trailing out of view again. Events whirl and revolve as plans upset plans, Jason Fox, and you stand in the middle of it. If you walk the path you have set for yourself, you must be strong of spirit. Faith is a weapon, human, one of the most powerful there is. It is not something you can measure, it is not something you can capture, but it is something that you can give.

I dont understand.

Understand? she asked as she came back into view, putting her other hand on the other side of his neck, then sliding them down to his shoulders. He found himself staring into a pair of lucid amber eyes. You think too much with your mind and not enough with your heart, human. You understand. You just wont open your eyes.

and a little futher on we get this

You have what the Faey lack, Jason Fox, she said in a whisper, leaning in and breathing into his ear. But their gifts are yours. Have you ever wondered why?

Ofof course I have, he told her, his voice confused.

No, you havent, she breathed in his ear. Always for you, it is the what, the how. The why is what matters here, Jason Fox. Why do you have the gifts of the Faey? The Faey have made the same mistake. They have answered the how, but they do not understand the why.

The only thing that still bothering me is this

"You set a dangerous path, but its a path others are helping to carve from the wilderness. Youll find your sister behind you, wielding your sword, helping you find your way"

Who is Jason's Sister?  We know Jasons a only child (Right?).  Miaari could certainly be said to fit that role.  as she it would seem here.  Is guiding him.  but her words suggest Jason has not yet meet her    It could mean  Kiaari  or "Kate"  as he soon meets her and she definably is guiding him to find his way.

This brings us to the Question is what is Jasons Sword ?  

Forgetting that for the time being and getting back to the real meat  we have this little titbit.

Its genetic, Meya told him. But anyone could have told you that.

Genetic, Jason hummed. We figured the same thing.

Near as what anyones been able to figure, its just evolution, Meya told him. A handful of humans have evolved with the genetic footprint that allows talent. All the geneticists have to do is isolate the parts of human DNA that handle that, and they can test all the humans to find those with the genetic disposition for talent.

But what is the why, Jason Fox? That is the question that matters, Miaari whispered in his ear.

You know, but you wont tell me, Jason said, pushing her back far enough to look into her eyes.

She just looked into his eyes with a lilting smile.

She never tells anyone, Meya said sourly. Sometimes I think Kimdori keep secrets just for the sake of keeping secrets.

Or theyre trying to tell us something when theyre not supposed to, Jason said impulsively. Miaari knows something that someone told her, but she cant just say it. Kimdori are a race of secrets, he said, looking into her eyes.

But what seems to tie it all into one is this

Silly human, I give what I give out of friendship, not for any other reason. She reached out and touched him, and he felt that same chilling tingle race through his spine. But this time, there was more in that touch. There wassomething there, an alien intelligence, but it seemed both alien and familiar. It touched him, bonded with him, shared with him, bringing something into him that had not been there before. It was something given freely, given out of friendship and concern, something given with happiness, not a sense of duty.

She removed her hand from his neck, but the sense of that sharing didnt fade. It lingered in his mind, until it felt as if it had been there since the day he was born. He skimmed through it quickly, and was amazed at what he found there.

She has imparted to him a knowledge of her native language. He now spoke Kimdori, and unlike the forced telepathic implantation Jyslin had done to him, there was no confusion, no garbled thought, no mixing up what was old memory with what was new memory. His mind had seamlessly assimilated this new information without any complications, and had filed it away quite efficiently within his memory.

I have taken, and I regretted having nothing to give you in return, she whispered in her native language, which he understood perfectly. Now I have given. We have shared, Jason Fox. You have given something to me, and now I have given something to you. I hope my gift brings you pleasure.

Yes, Im pleased, Miaari. At that trust youve shown in me if anything else.

We are a race of secrets, she told him with a sly smile. And revealing to you one of our greatest secrets was necessary. In time, youll understand why I did it. Until then, prove that humans too can be a race of secrets.

Now i could be wrong but It seems to fit.

To me it seems Jason has some Kimdori DNA in him
Maybe the Faey do too and thats why they are telepathic.  or the Kimdori Altered some Human DNA ?
Who would know better how too (A shapeshifter? )
I don't remember reading anywhere that the Faey knew the Human's weren't telepathic. I even reread the intro which said they arrived in two big ships, sent an emassairy and threatened war if Earth didn't give in. No where does it say that the Faey had to know, because two ships say you mean buisness but there is always the treat of them sending more. More than likely the emassary was the first to figure out that they had no telepathy.
I didn't say it was stated but there are some  Parts of the Story that leave the impression that they would want to know before Arriving to subjgate a new race

Thats the truth. Every time I set foot on a free station or planet, I have a team of telepaths following
me around, Symone grunted. Thats why Faey really dont go outside the Imperium that much. Were
much more comfortable around people who arent always so suspicious of us.
I didnt know other races were telepathic, Tim whistled.
Not as a whole, but most other races have some telepaths, Jyslin told him. The skaa dont, but most
other races do. Theyre usually very, very rare, like less that one percent of the population. Faey are the
only race in the known galaxy thats naturally telepathic.
Well, if thats true, why is it such a shock that humans might be telepathic?
Because theres six billion humans on this planet, and none of them have any talent, Jyslin told him.
This girl is one in six billion, Tim.
Almost, Symone sent to Jason privately, giving him a sly smile.
So, shes some kind of freakish fluke, he reasoned. Why is that so scary?
Because shes a fluke that represents a real threat to us, Tim. Even an untrained telepath can be
dangerous. Probably even more dangerous than a trained one. An untrained telepath has raw terror
boosting their power, and theyre very hard to subdue. They can kill people, Tim, even a trained telepath

Ok this is getting long but  If the Faey Millitary were the ones to take over Earth  then they would want intel.. and Telepaths would be the # 1 threat to them.. just as it's the Faeys bigest weapon..
therefore you would need someone who didn't stick out like a sore thumb to get it for you .... The kimdori (shapeshifters) but maybe they didn't need to come to earth to find out maybe they already knew!  
Why would they know? becomes the question now

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Goodness, look at all the scrutiny.  ;)

I feel like you're writing a term paper, hahaha.

okay...because I did reveal this information, I'll state it one more time, but it's a BIG spoiler.  I think it's only fair, since some people know what others don't.

ok...
SPOILER ALERT
Jason and the other telepaths DID NOT get their genetic disposition for talent from the Kimdori.

But I must say, that was a BRILLIANT theory.  ;)

Reading back through it the way Phantom posted it, I can see where it might read that way, but I didn't mean to mislead.

*ducks the thunderbolts from on high

Anyway...

Jason, and all other human telepaths on Earth, can trace their lineage back to a single village in southern Scotland, INCLUDING Temika.

I won't say why, or how, or what reason.  I didn't reveal that on IRC, so I won't reveal it here.  I'll just say that all of them share a common geographic region in their family histories that links them all together.

Make whatever conclusions you wish...trust me, I love watching you try to figure it out.  ;)

It's a lot of fun for me.  Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong, but it's always interesting.

I think that means that I need to be more unpredictable or something.  ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

The red fellow is a Makati, Symone answered.  One of the seven races of the Imperium.  Ive never seen anything like that other one before, but she was speaking Kimdori, so shes Kimdori.
OK So now we have Jason with a Kimdori "Friend."

But back to the original subject I raised in this thread.

What does Kumi get or benefit by having a Makati in here grouping?

What is the special abilties of the Makati race/species?

Seems like we were pretty close on som guesses.  I think there is more here to Kumi's group than we may have thought of before.  

Some things Fe sai dreminded me of Earth Final Conflict.   Where one of the Talosians had landed on Earth many millenia agon and "added" genetic material to the human genome.  I wonder if somthing like this happened in Scotland.  

We have 3 of the 7 races of the Imperium

Faey
Kimdori
Makati

There is also the reptilian race the Faey are battling but they "don't have telepathy" but humans "don't have telepathy" either.

OK Fel - you've left us with more and more questions.

Will Jason remember to contact Jyslin and apologize.  

Will Jason be able to figure out why he has telepathy and then understand the how?

Will the understanding of how allow this to be passed on to others through "genetic" alteration or some other means?

Are the Kimdori the "Were-kin" from human legends?

They Faey fit the mold of Elvin legends.  

Hrmm. It's getting real interesting boys and girls.

Later all,

J-Man5