Fun With Faey tech

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Fun With Faey tech

Post by Phantom »

Damn maybe this thread should have been Titled " Tech Handbook " Or
"Cookbook For a Deranged terrorist" or something .....I think we've hit most of the Major systems and some of the smaller ones too ..

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I was looking at some of the posts on here about a telepath-machine interface or mental to machine interface. If you remember there was a mention of two things so far: 1.there is no machine that can read telepathic frequency, alpha waves are the closest thing they have to measure 2. There was something about telepathy being purely organic.

I was thinking about a book that had a similar type of telepathy/machine/organic device in it by Christopher Stasheff, the warlock series. In the book there are several examples of an organic brain that was artificially created and then supplied with enough current (changed into a nervous impulse) that had the brain pump out a set telepathic message or power.

In terms of the faey tech, we already know that the medicine has the ability to clone or totally create exact copies of tissues and organs. So what they would have to do was simply clone a brain from the dna of a faey or from Jason, figure out what stimulus current and signal would be necessary to trigger a massive telepathic wave of some sort, and you have a the equivalent of a mental bomb or weapon.

A couple different uses;
1. If you can figure out how to shield from the telepathic frequency with a material, then you can aim it.

2. Since nobody else can track telepathic waves with a machine, you have a weapon that is silent but deadly, or can be used to stun a mass group of people without there being any trace.

3. It was written in one of the most recent chapters about the bleeding from the skin, ears and nose. Imagine stealth dropping a machine over the main trillian army compound or base that let out a massive telepathic convulsion. All it would have to do is have enough power to do one burst that would blow through the faey mental defenses and effectively shred their minds and cause the internal/external bleeding. You could pump out max power through the organic device and not have to worry about burning out the brain, in fact you would probably want there to not be any evidence of the device after it fired. And its not like a human/faey telepath that has to have a certain strength ability or ability to survive the effects of the current. The doctors already know the genes that cause telepathy, so just take the best ones and invent a brain that is perfect for the job. And because the medical corps is its own armed service, nobody in trillian is going to be able to stop or want to stop medical equipment from coming in. From what I've read, I don't think medical technology is as protected as straight military technology.

Overall, If you had enough power, and were able to genetically engineer the organic telepathic organ correctly, you could create a device that killed off every living thing in an area without harming the environment or landscape. An example of what it could do if powerful enough. Land a large freighter, with a device so large that it takes up the entire cargo space inside it, on draconis or another enemy planet. Park the freighter, get the hell out of dodge. Activite the device. And destroy all congizent life on the planet. The ultimate trump card, kind of like the destruction of spice would have been in the dune series. Anyway, those are just some of my mental weaponry thoughts. I have some more ideas that I will write up in other postings.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Sun Tzu, Mao Zhedung, and Carl von Clauswitz all talk about taking the fight to the enemy. Sooner or later in a guerrilla warfare action, you need to find a way to shake the enemy up on their home territory. You destabilize them where they feel safest, and then they know that they can be hit anywhere and thusly have to expand resources to protect every asset no matter where it is at. So this post is going to be examples of how to bring the battle home to house trillian. (I will appologize now because I think I’m misspelling Kumi’s house name.)

I. Attacking the nobles.
1. So Jason and the majority of the rebels are not trying to kill faey indiscriminantly, they want to stop one individual house from ruling earth and kick them off. So how can we attack that individual group where they feel the safest? How about their palaces/mansions on their home planet and the planets where they rule? We already know that people/assassins can get into the manisions (see the almost assassination of kumi) and we know that Jason has friends in those mansions (read, kimdori). And we also have some equipment that will effect those safe places. So here are my ideas.

A. Melt the palaces/mansions around the nobles heads. Jason just sold the rights to a device that melts plasticrete walls, and we know that he has the power to broadcase a signal that will melt all of the asphalt in a city, and we know that destabilizing the plasticrete in the walls would destabilize a building. So how about getting a spy or something to set up a transmitter of that signal next to every (or at least several) of the nobles house, barracks of their personal forces, ground bound hangers and melt the buildings down on top of the head of the nobles? Sure it would kill people, but they are taking humans as slaves, and Jason already knew he would have to kill people. Better to focus that on the very house he has declared war on, and not the people working for that house.
B. Melt the enemy House's exomechs and auto-attack robots before they can be used against Jason. So we have a chemical which is easy and cheap to make, and only melts metal/substance that it is made for. We also know that this chemical effectively and quickly eats through armor. So all we do is fly over a marshalling yard where the exomechs, robots, hovercars, hovertanks, or armory is with a stealth skimmer/drop ship with a sprayer attached. And you just made one huge very very expensive headache for the enemy as all of their weaponry melts around them. So nobody uses planes any more? Heck, they are in lincoln nebraska, I'm from lincoln nebraska (or was until I just moved in the last year and half) and crop dusters fly out of the airpark located next to the airport on the north west side of town. That’s all of a 20 minute drive from Jason's Vulteck hanger (which I assume would be on hwy 77 or off of south 56th street), and who would think that something as "archaic" as a crop duster spray assembly would be used as a weapon?
II. Pranks
1. De-nude every faey in north america, or at least the major bodies of faey. Just do a fly bye over the cities with a burst signal of the device that would cause the faey to lose their hair. Heck, its incovenient and it certainly makes the ruling house of terra look bad as their pictures are picked up by the news services, but its not likely to cause an armed reaction from the empire. Besides, everybody knows the faey like a good joke, so they would be treated as a laughing stock for having fallen for the prank, but it won’t get the empress involved in fighting against jason and his band. Start with DC and the upper brass, make sure you get where ever the dutchess is (which you can find out by being hacked into the trillian house communication system) and make sure they have no body hair for a while. Rinse and repeat for best purposes, and make sure that the signal is a burst so that you can’t be tracked. You also get the added benefit of hurting the faey tourist industry by keeping faey from worrying about having similar things happen to them if they visit terra. And yeah, you can’t go past supersonic, but even at lower speeds you could hit the entire eastern seaboard in one night.
III. Economic warfare.
1. So I ask myself, “what makes a noble a noble? The answer I get, is the patent of nobility, their money, and subsequently their power. From what I’ve read, most of the power comes from the money, as Faey have “no faith” or are a very self-centered people. So in order to fight the nobles, you can either try to raise yourself up to their level of power (read- money), bring them down to your level of power, or a mix of both like jason seems to be doing. This is where we need more information from Fel, as we don’t know what the prime source of income is for house trillian. If its agriculture, then Jason is pretty much attacking them the only possible way for now. If its something else, like we know that one other house is the major crime house, then he can aim his technology to destroy their wealth in other fields also.
2. Misinformation, and bad information. When Jason gets access to the communications of the enemy, he can not only keep track of the enemy, but he can send them where he wants them to go also or distribute information through and out of the house that would discredit it. He basically has an ability to be on the inside and destroy the house like a cancer. It seems that the Faey rely very heavily on their encryption, but when that is breached there isn’t a lot between a hacker and the ability to totally change information. The endless uses of information that we use these days to take control of computers, get information, and give information are all available on an even larger scale for jason to take advantage of. Heck, if there is a faey stock market or banking system of some sort, then he could steal money from the inside and pass it out to secure bank accounts, leak harmful stock information, or even post on civnet the dirty laundry of the enemy house. Basically use insiders info to harm the enemy and stop them from being able to effectively order supplies and run their business. Well, it’s a thought anyway.

Well thats just some things I thought of, hope they lead to other brain storms. Best wishes.
Michael 8)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:I was looking at some of the posts on here about a telepath-machine interface or mental to machine interface. If you remember there was a mention of two things so far: 1.there is no machine that can read telepathic frequency, alpha waves are the closest thing they have to measure 2. There was something about telepathy being purely organic.

I was thinking about a book that had a similar type of telepathy/machine/organic device in it by Christopher Stasheff, the warlock series. In the book there are several examples of an organic brain that was artificially created and then supplied with enough current (changed into a nervous impulse) that had the brain pump out a set telepathic message or power.

In terms of the faey tech, we already know that the medicine has the ability to clone or totally create exact copies of tissues and organs. So what they would have to do was simply clone a brain from the dna of a faey or from Jason, figure out what stimulus current and signal would be necessary to trigger a massive telepathic wave of some sort, and you have a the equivalent of a mental bomb or weapon.

A couple different uses;
1. If you can figure out how to shield from the telepathic frequency with a material, then you can aim it.

2. Since nobody else can track telepathic waves with a machine, you have a weapon that is silent but deadly, or can be used to stun a mass group of people without there being any trace.

3. It was written in one of the most recent chapters about the bleeding from the skin, ears and nose. Imagine stealth dropping a machine over the main trillian army compound or base that let out a massive telepathic convulsion. All it would have to do is have enough power to do one burst that would blow through the faey mental defenses and effectively shred their minds and cause the internal/external bleeding. You could pump out max power through the organic device and not have to worry about burning out the brain, in fact you would probably want there to not be any evidence of the device after it fired. And its not like a human/faey telepath that has to have a certain strength ability or ability to survive the effects of the current. The doctors already know the genes that cause telepathy, so just take the best ones and invent a brain that is perfect for the job. And because the medical corps is its own armed service, nobody in trillian is going to be able to stop or want to stop medical equipment from coming in. From what I've read, I don't think medical technology is as protected as straight military technology.

Overall, If you had enough power, and were able to genetically engineer the organic telepathic organ correctly, you could create a device that killed off every living thing in an area without harming the environment or landscape. An example of what it could do if powerful enough. Land a large freighter, with a device so large that it takes up the entire cargo space inside it, on draconis or another enemy planet. Park the freighter, get the hell out of dodge. Activite the device. And destroy all congizent life on the planet. The ultimate trump card, kind of like the destruction of spice would have been in the dune series. Anyway, those are just some of my mental weaponry thoughts. I have some more ideas that I will write up in other postings.

Some what my about what thoughts were ...if you could not pickup or use telepathic signals useing a pure machine use a Hybrid interface some thing such as Electronics or some computer AI grafted to some organic material such as a small anaimal brain or even a partial clone of a human or faey brain ...only enough to act as a interface between the machine side and the telepathic side.

A telepathic Grenade.......how thats an interesting Idea .... :shock:

Hell i'm sure Jason could sell those for enough to BUY Earth's Freedom

Or blackmail the Faey (with the very thought he would give them to their enemys) into giving earth back at the very least

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Hmm one thig that could be interesting is if somebdoy could find out how to use electronics to amplify a Fey's or Humans Telepathic power. Has anybody read 'The Rowan' or other books in that series? In it the charecters with Power would sit in a tower that was just a chair on top of a huge generator and use the generators as a huge gestalt to increase their power incredibly.

If Jason is going to be fighting Telepathicly this could be quite useful. Even just a small generator could increase his power and allow him to fight stronger Fey.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

As they say, the best defense is a good offense. But due to the fact that the majority of humans don't have the chance to go on the offensive due to their lack of telepathic ability, Jason is eventually going to have to design some sort of telepathic defensive device. Think of it this way, the faey can't use it to attack the humans or subjugate them. But every other species out there can use it to defend them selves from faey. Or, like when kumi was hurt and had to be kept away from sending, it could have medical uses, or uses in keeping faey as prisoners, or in canceling out the scans used by faey soldiers when they are looking for enemy forces. Even if Jason trains the telepaths with him, he is going to need some help, and his easiest use is to figure out what frequency the telepathy uses to reach the brain/thought waves and to block it. Maybe a helmet of some sort like what magneto in the marvel comics wears, or a device that can be worn by humans that cancels out telepathy around them. Balance the field with the faey, and the humans may even have the advantage since they don't rely on telepathy and are more used to communications devices. Just a thought.
~Michael 8)
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I am sure at some point soon jason will make some thing to help block faey telepathy. I just hope Fel does not get too corny on us and use tinfoil hats.
Last edited by codewarrior on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Curses! Foiled again!

I will not be rolled over like this!

I will not cast a tinned ear either!

I will ensure your ego is popped!

You think you're so well cobbled!? Well, I have news for you, codewarrior! I have not yet begun to shuck!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

HAHAHAHAHAH you do have a way with words.

Granted it would be hillarious if the tin foil hats worked and then Jason finds some former UFO fanatic and then have him say "I told you so"
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

codewarrior wrote:Granted it would be hillarious if the tin foil hats worked and then Jason finds some former UFO fanatic and then have him say "I told you so"
After a few weeks of no results, Jason throws down his tools in frustration.

When asked what he was having problems with, a man walked away after hearing the explination.

He came back with something from the super market.

"Tinfoil?"

"Worked for years for me to keep the Roswell ones away."
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

The tinfoil reminded me of something that they used to do in World War II. In order to fool the enemy radar, the bombers would drop loads of tiny strips of tin foil, that would bounce back the waves of the radar and create snow on their instruments. So my thought is, if tinfoil on the head doesn't work, how about some device that creates telepathic snow? We know that alpha waves are the best way to measure telepathic frequency or ability or something like that. So create a device that just blankets an area in alpha wave or something close to that. They would know that something is in that area, but if you had so much snow, then you couldn't aim the telepathic ability at any one individual to attack them. Well, its just a thought.
~Michael
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Now I'll have to put a tinfoil hat somewhere in the story, just to spite you.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I should be mad that you are going to do just to mock me, but for some reason I can't stop laughing about it. Hahahaha. I always wonder how I end up in these situations...oh well. You have won this round good sir. Now i must bid you adieu. Untill next time.

*codewarrior goes off to ponder the possible jokes he can make about cellophane.*
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:Now I'll have to put a tinfoil hat somewhere in the story, just to spite you.
Shouldn't be hard to do .....Jason runs accross some old guy living in the wilderness Mad as a hatter
Wearing .....you guessed it ...a Tin foil Hat....

You just have to make sure he looks like a rabbit and has .....BIG Pointy Teeth!
:roll:

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Ok, so after the brief interlude with crazy, lets get this post going in the right direction again. Other than tinfoil and biomechanical anti-telepath technology, what do you think Jason could build or use.

Are there any hints in the story that he could develop nano-technology, such as self repairing armor or a modulated magnetic shield technology that would stop everything from projectiles to plasma and ion weapons. thoughts on either 1. nano-technology (we already know the faey have robots and the ability to use very small devices and have a replecator that can make atom sized molecules) 2. Another possible method of anti-telepathy besides a biomechanized machine. 3. modulated magnetic shield technology to block plasma weapons primarily, and possibly other weapon types. :idea: Thoughts please? :?: :?: :?: