Jasana's Druidic training

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Jasana's Druidic training

Post by Shadowhawk »

Chapter 15 of "Weavespinner", the fifth book of "Firestaff Series":
Jasana took on a look of dreadful concentration, and to Jesmind's surprise, the woodcutting axe that they had used in Aldreth appeared in her little paws. "Will this work?"

"How did you do that?" Jesmind asked, forgetting the terrible danger they were in.

"It's Conjuring, Mama," she told her. "I realized I could do Conjuring a few days ago. I was going to use it to get away from the evil man."

Jesmind gave her daughter a fiercely proud look. A Druid! Her little Jasana was a Druid! Just like her father! She took the axe from her daughter, twisted around, and did the deed with one swift blow. She severed her own leg just below the knee, feeling that wild sting of pain, then the angry burning that heralded the rapid growth of a new foot.
If Jasana is a Druid, shouldn't she be trained? Druidic magic is very dangerous. Tarrin was trained first by Sarraya (Conjuring and safety) then advanced multilayer Druidic spells by Triana and Saphire. I don't remember any mentioning that Jasana got the training in Druidic magic. And trained she should be... at least taught the rules.

Or didn't I noticed it?
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Jasana's Druidic training

Post by Lochar »

She is trained, in axe.  Triana takes her away to train her and teach her how to live life outside of her father's house without all the special things in it.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

I would like to see how things are going for her.  Triana won't accept some of the things she has a habit of doing, and would likely make her stop...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Hallmist
Sorcerer

Post by Hallmist »

I imagine that that this would be a good topic for one of the Epilogues of Sword of Fire.
Scientists dream it up.
Engineers make it work.