Confused about the Dwarves

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Confused about the Dwarves

Post by Hearly »

Okey, First I didn't go back to re-check as I have the info correct but might have missed something else...

In Honor and Blood, when they were at the Dwarf city after the fight, Saraya(sp?) was out looking around in a church and the sand things couldn't get in because it was "holy" ground still being protected by the dwarf god, Tarrin said something about the dwarves can't be all dead if there god still has power.... But later in the series Spyder talks about how they are all dead, (I would assume she'd know if there was any still alive)

Now the ones who went throu the gate cannot give power to the god here, as it's a different dimension(sp?)

So the question is how is the dwarven god have power still if they are all dead? Or are there some alive still someone hidden where even Spyder doesn't know where they are?

Thx for your time :P
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: Confused about the Dwarves

Post by Shadowhawk »

There are no Dwarves in Sennadar, as far as I know. The Dwarven god (which is Lesser God) can exist because Gnomes (remember them?) also worship him. Maybe also the fact that some of Dwarves, his main worshippers, are alive though in the other dimension also contribute.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

shadowhawk wrote:There are no Dwarves in Sennadar, as far as I know. The Dwarven god (which is Lesser God) can exist because Gnomes (remember them?) also worship him. Maybe also the fact that some of Dwarves, his main worshippers, are alive though in the other dimension also contribute.

When did we learn that Gnomes also worship the same god? I must have missed that somewhere, also I don't think dwarves in other dimensions contribute because if they did then Niami(sp?) would also have a minor presence in all the dimensions too, and considering unless I misunderstood it, she is the weave, so if she had a minor presence there would be some weave there also.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

hearly wrote:When did we learn that Gnomes also worship the same god? I must have missed that somewhere, also I don't think dwarves in other dimensions contribute because if they did then Niami would also have a minor presence in all the dimensions too, and considering unless I misunderstood it, she is the weave, so if she had a minor presence there would be some weave there also.
About the first question... I can't answer that (I mean give exact chapter of Dwarven Axe and a quote) till the Lochar backup website comes back. I'd like to have the chapters in HTML format. At http://www.sennadar.com it is only up to 19 chapter of "Dwarven Axe"... and the visit at the Gnomes' island is - if I remember correctly - past that. Maybe you can find some memo in "Sword of Fire".

About the contribution of Dwarves in other dimensions. Remember that Kikkalli, which is Lesser God, can grant Priest spells and even communicate with Miranda, her Avatar. So there is some communication of "souls" between the planes, and maybe the existence of Dwarven believers at Pyrosia can sustain the existence of Lesser God. The Weave is native to Sennadar, maybe somehow connected with the Goddess icon (who is Elder God).

That is how I see it. Maybe Fel or Lochar would answer...
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Sat May 08, 2004 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")