Tarrin and Dragon magic ?

rick
Sorcerer

Tarrin and Dragon magic ?

Post by rick »

this question was inspired by the Druid teleoration thread in the firstaff Q&A .Now that Tarrin has become a gold dragon several times and it feel famliur to him will he be able to learn dragon forms of magic? Alos for ruture thought How is Sapphire is going to feel about his becoming a Gold  instead of Blue dragon?
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Tarrin and Dragon magic ?

Post by Lochar »

He's had more time with Fireflash, so that's why he has a gold form.  If he spent some time with Sapphire, he'd be able to do a blue form.  I won't go dig up the quote, but it said he just needed to have hands on experience with the animal/creature/species in question and he'd be able to do the change.

I don't think that there is such thing as Dragon magic as such, it's just that the dragons have very strong magical tendacies and normally dwarf the "lesser" species accomplishments because of this.  Tarrin and Triana proved that a "lesser" could learn the Dragon's Druid spells, and I would make a guess that Phandebrass could out-Wizard just about any Dragon.  Not sure if there are any Sorcerer Dragons, and Priest Dragon magic, do they have any of that either?  If they did, it'd be just like any other Priest.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
RedManX
Initiate

Post by RedManX »

from what i remember reading and correct me if i am wrong but the reason dragons are so strong in druid magic is explained by triana (forget where exactly) in that they are more phisicaly fit and druid magic relys on the "casters" body in how much abuse it can take. so this leads me to my own question. in dragon form is tarrin going to be able to "cast" stronger spells than in his normal hybrid fourm? i remember when tarrin was explaining his new druid telaport spell that he said that triana could do something like 1000 leagues where as safire could do like 1500 (numbers arnt exact as i am 2 tired to go read threw the books again to find it out) so  would the shape change extend his distance i.e. extending his power in druid magic? mabey its a consept of give and take? he loses his divine powers (as far as we know) but he gains more power in his druidic magic?

this is me just thinking outload as it where anyone have any input on my idea? am i just talkin out my backside or am i on the proper track? who knows its 2 am lol
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Yes, he gains access to whatever physcial abilities his new shape has.  But remember, first time Tarrin flew in his gold form it was using muscles he hadn't ever used before.  He'd probably have to work a bit in that form to completely have the abilities.  Not everything will come instinctively I guess.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com