Question?

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Question?

Post by Lochar »

shadowhawk wrote:Because Tarrin is demigod and shapeshifter (he can now maintain human form I think undefinitely), I think he can keep his Were form.
Yeah, because instead of using his Were-abilites to power the change to human, which is no longer natural, he is using his divine powers, which makes the Cat register anything as natural, since he knows he can easily change back.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Ahh but the question is would he want to keep his human form indefinately? No because if he changed via his god abilities he would lose his godly powers, the exception being the ablity to change back.
. He could sense immediately a fundamental shift in the power inside him, relegating it to a much dormant state. He couldnt use his divine abilities when shapeshifted, and as a result, that power was buried deeply within him, where he would have great difficulty accessing it.
On the flipside he could change to human form via the cat. I would think that there would be nothing stopping him producing wings from his human back since it is an intergral part of his were abilities and not divine at all so his divine powers wouldn't be blocked.
Plus I think there could probably be some cat-led pyscological notion that would make him feel weird about staying indefinately and living in an uncatish form, despite the instincts being excepting of shapechanging. Not to mention three women to convince him otherwise ;).
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

To add to what Journeywoman said...

If he uses his god-abilities to shift to a human form, he might lose his were-cat strength as well, since he's using a different method to shift to a human.

But I thought that Tarrin could shift to human form and not feel pain for a really long time. I was under the impression he *already* could be human for however long he wanted.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

OK, I'll rephrase that.  Tarrin shifts with his Were abilites, but I think that he is somehow protecting himself from the pain with his godly powers.  The human form is no longer natural to them, and that is what causes the pain.  If we go with saying it no longer hurts him without the godly powers, then any children Tarrin has after this should be able to do this as well, as it would be passed down along genetics.

Can you imagine to uproar THAT would cause in a few hundred years?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

So suppose that Tarrin would lose his were-abilities when he
shifts to human form using his divine abilities ....
would that not mean that he would then be able to
mate with human women as well ?? since he would then temporarly not be were anymore his spit and other bodily fluids would not be dangerous to humans ....