Tarrins divine powers in pyrosia

hewlett
Talent

Tarrins divine powers in pyrosia

Post by hewlett »

I remember reading that Tarrin is thinking of using the All to defeat the Demon Lord but it will kill him.

If Tarrin fully accepts his divine self would he have enough power to control the All enough to survive.

Or does a God need to be on more than one plane of existence to control something as powerful as the All
Dash
Sorcerer

Re: Tarrins divine powers in pyrosia

Post by Dash »

I believe that everyone has limits.

The Gods all have power levels, and this would also be true for their avatars. So anyone could control the All if they had the knowledge. (Tarrin was saying that he wouldn't use the All normally because it needed so many instructions.)

Now, if you wanted to exceed your limit, then you would die. So I suspect that if he went completely divine, it increases his power level, but he'd still be limited. This means that whatever he did would last longer, but he couldn't do it indefinitely. It depends on how much power he needs to do the deed - if he needs to maintain it, then it's still possible that he dies.

Can't remember what he wanted the All to do, but I don't think that it was as simple as saying "I wish the demon lord dead".
hewlett
Talent

Post by hewlett »

When Tarrin was turned into a God by the firestaff i'm pretty sure it said that if gave the power of an elder god but none of the limitations.I just don't understand how he wouldn't be powerful enough to control the All.  
Tarrin is also the Mishari won't that just help him out more. please explain this to me
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

None of the limitations? He has limitations, plenty of them. The difference is that he's not limited with how much divine power he can bring to bear on the mortal plane. The All should have nothing to do with that. Perhaps his physical change (the wings) may have increased his abilities as a Druid, but he's still got limits.

And the All on Pyrosia isn't like the All on Sennadar. Controlling Sennadar's would look a lot easier than Pyrosia's.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

Being a proper God gives him all the knowledge of using his godly powers.

In his current state, he might be able to access most/all of his powers, but he does not have the knowledge to use it to its full extent. He might have Godly might but not Godly brains.

If I remember right. The All is the subconcious power of the Gods that create any plane. Tarrin can control some of the All, but that would be for very simple things, because if you get it wrong then that power can kill you. The All in Pyrosia (the creating god) is mostly asleep, so it needs more instructions. In Sennadar Ayise is much more active, so the All needs less instructions.

So Tarrin can control the All in Pyrosia already (for very very simple things). However to do something very complicated, then he'd needs to be much more intelligent.
To do something that takes the powers of the demons away, then he'd need massive amounts of powers. Just think, it will probably take 10 Gods to do the equivalent with the Weave (or was that to limit the damage?). If it takes multiple Gods to do something, then how is one god (who is only a demi god), who is away from his power source, supposed to be all powerful, just because he is a god?

The limitations spoken of when he was turned into a god is not power limits. The limitations were the rules that the Gods created by Ayise have to abide by. So Tarrin can do things like kill all his followers (or have none). He doesn't have to obey Ayise. He doesn't have to keep the balance, free will and all that etc.

Hope I didn't get too much wrong. :) Or am not too far from the mark. This is mostly from memory....
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

You'd only need one god to take demon's powers away in Sennadar, and that's Niami. If she shut the Weave down, they couldn't use their power there.  The rest of it sounds right, though.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

Yeah, but we're talking about Pyrosia, I think in this section of the story, Fel was using Gods in a plural sense. You need a few gods to bring laws/limits of Sennadar across?
RedManX
Initiate

Post by RedManX »

this is just from memory so dont kill me if i dont get it right  :P

it was explained that when the all mother created the elder gods to be her companions that she set down certain strictures that even she had to folllow for all her creations including the gods.

so the no limitations that we are speaking of do not refer to actual power but the fact that by the firestaff creating and in essence changing tarrin from what he once was to what he is now he is not bound to these laws. it has very little to do with actual power that tarrin actualy has just how in wich he can and can not use it.