CH. 18 THOUGHTS  HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Re: CH. 18 THOUGHTS  HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Post by Wildcat »

Now that would be a fight worth seeing, especially if Bane wasn't strong enough to directly take them on.  I wonder, though, is Tarrin's counter-measure for Dolanna (the emerald) going to activate soon? That would make things a lot messier.

Also very eager to see how the Elementalists react to seeing a real dragon like Saphire.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

shadowhawk wrote: And even if breaking the sword caused it to have no divine signature, you can always try to devise spell (either Sorcerers, Weavespinner or Arcane) to look for Adamantite (this blcak metal Tarrin sword is made of). It would be supposedly not large range spell, but it could b used to locate not only parts of Tarrin's Sword of Fire parts, but also Demon's Bane shadow, unless it/he lost his sword.

But I think Fel will make it more dificult... or make some additional troubles on the way (like some Elementalist or native Pyrosian Sorcerer finding one part of Tarrin's sword). Or, as you have said, Demons finding one part, Sennadarians the other.

The metal should still have the divine touch on it, as the god Tarrin transformed it into an artifact.  I don't think it would be true adamantite anymore, but it still is going to have a completely unique magical signature.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

I agree that aven if Tarrin's artifact Sword of Fire doesn't show any divine powers, it still might have divine touch. On the other hand Waeva on Pyrosia is different from the one on Sennadar...

I wonder how demons might try to find Demon's Bane when he is more powerfull. Stragos Bane (Val shadow) was extremly difficult to even hurt: Tarrin hurled cannon balls at it, Halley dropped house on it... One I think can hurt Demon's Bane using magic, especially that he hasn't got any ranged weapon (bad oversight on Tarrin part... well, he had not go artifact bow with infinite supply of arrows, but he could make him Wizard or Sorcerer). But Demon's magic doesn't work for him, so it would be only enslaved Wizards (or Demons using Arcane magic in odrinary way... unless Weave on Pyrosia forbids that). I wonder whether either Weave broken Demon's slave bond, or the very presence of Demon's Bane nearby makes slave bond vanish... that would be fun :)  
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I can imagine it being like this.

Bane gets close to enslaved Wizard who's summoned a minor demon.

Minor demon's bond is broken because of Bane.

Minor demon, seeing the Bane, thinks <Screw killing the summoner, I'm saving my own ass>

Bane kills wizard.

Oops, minor demon is sent back to the Abyss.

LOL

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

lochar wrote:I can imagine it being like this.

Bane gets close to enslaved Wizard who's summoned a minor demon.

Minor demon's bond is broken because of Bane.

Minor demon, seeing the Bane, thinks <Screw killing the summoner, I'm saving my own ass>

Bane kills wizard.

Oops, minor demon is sent back to the Abyss.

LOL
I rather imagined it differently.

Demons prepared some regiment of bonded enslaved Wizards... maybe the ones that failed protect themselves while summoning, maybe some Demons got from Abyss, waiting for Demon's Bane to show up, to take him with Wizardry.

Demon's Bane sneaks on would be ambushers.

Slave bonds breaks...

...and Wizards magic can kill Demons. And there is quite a number of Wizards close to Demons. And Weave is blocking at least some of Demons abilities. Wizards who were enslaved probably don't like Demons much.

Ooops (for the Demons).

LOL.

(the only bad thing is that Demon's bane wouldn't get their energy. But better that than get killed).
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

How about a group of bonded demons and wizards.  At night when the wizards are sleeping  (remember they are mortal) Bane attacks the demon's with a stealth type attack and kills the demons.  Since the wizards are still bonded to the demons when they and thier powers are absorbed/destroyed Bane either absorbs the bond and now has bonded client wizards or also absorbs thier wizardry magic too.   Since Bane is not a living creature he is not restricted to a single type of magic.

J-Man5
Last edited by J-Man5 on Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

j-man5 wrote:Since Bane is not a living creature he is not restricted to a single type of magic.
Now, now. That rule is part of Sennadar, not Pyrosia. I can't remember reading anywhere that more then one type of magic is forbidden to mortals on Pyrosia.We've just not seen anyone using more then one yet.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Calimbor
Novice

Post by Calimbor »

But Tarrin reached out to Niami so she could enforce "her" rules from Sennadar on Pyrosia, where magic was concerned, so one would supect that mortals IS restricted to a single type of magic.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

calimbor wrote:But Tarrin reached out to Niami so she could enforce "her" rules from Sennadar on Pyrosia, where magic was concerned, so one would supect that mortals IS restricted to a single type of magic.
But the rule of one type of magic is Aiyse's rule, not Niami's.  Since magic is so powerful on Sennadar, no mortal is allowed more than one type of magic.

Niami didn't play it that way most likely.  It's a free-for-all for whoever can tap into the new magic on Pyrosia.

Support my brother.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

lochar wrote:
But the rule of one type of magic is Aiyse's rule, not Niami's. Since magic is so powerful on Sennadar, no mortal is allowed more than one type of magic.

Niami didn't play it that way most likely. It's a free-for-all for whoever can tap into the new magic on Pyrosia.
From within the Heart, Niami had felt Tarrin reach out to her, reach out in a way that she did not think
possible. She had reacted instantly to his plea, had reached out to him and touched him across the
dimensions, had joined with him in a moment of unity, almost as if she had Circled with him. She could
feel his pain, but even her godly mind was awed at what he was doing, at what he had done. He was
creating an entire Weave by himself! She had given to him everything he needed, then felt him join his
creation to her own in a way that allowed her to reach back through that connection, to establish the rules
and laws of magic and Sorcery that existed on Sennadar,
and to specifically deny the Demons on that world
the ability to use their innate magical powers, as was her ability and right as the goddess that commanded
the use of magic.
But she used the rules and laws of magic and Sorcery from Sennadar to do this so the One type of Magic rule would be in effect also.. as it's part of those rules wouldn't it ?

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

The one magic rule was set by Aiyse.  Unfettered, I think Niami would not add that rule in.

Support my brother.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

lochar wrote:The one magic rule was set by Aiyse. Unfettered, I think Niami would not add that rule in.
This is one of those things where we would need to get a ruling from the author on it   ;)

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Bodak
Novice

Post by Bodak »

The shadow is very important in the game the, goddes does not whant it to die because it is helping to support the weave i wonder if the stronger the shadow the more Stabilized the weave will be.
There is not an end without a begining.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Bodak wrote:The shadow is very important in the game the, goddes does not whant it to die because it is helping to support the weave i wonder if the stronger the shadow the more Stabilized the weave will be.
Ummmm, Bodak, please don't reply to "dead" threads that are several months old. It can make people think there is new activity for the next chapter, especially old folks like me who are low on coffee! :-)

Thanks,
--
Jim/Were_Fan