Securing Dolanna (SPOILER for Demon's bane 2)

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Securing Dolanna (SPOILER for Demon's bane 2)

Post by Shadowhawk »

Lets think a few ideas to secure Dolanna on Pyrosia:
  • First, it would be best to remove her from Pyrosia, and move her back to Sennadar. Have some other Weavespinner support the Pyrosian Weave
  • As Sorcery is lethal to Demons on Pyrosia, make a Demon-killing Ward like the one used in the Battle of Suld. Well, one can't make the same... unless the rules of magic changed, and magic on Pyrosia has to go through the weave, so one can steal Arcane energy. Unless newly summoned Demons (after creating the Weave) by Demon Lord are immune to Sorcery... but haven't there been placed a seal against summoning more Demons? The Weave blocks Demons innate magic abilities (including anti-magic that cambisi used to break from the airproof sphere).
  • Summon some Demons fo feed the Shadow's Bane... I wonder if Shadow's Bane can use Wizard's magic?
  • Do you have any more ideas?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Securing Dolanna (SPOILER for Demon's bane 2)

Post by Hearly »

shadowhawk wrote:Lets think a few ideas to secure Dolanna on Pyrosia:
  • First, it would be best to remove her from Pyrosia, and move her back to Sennadar. Have some other Weavespinner support the Pyrosian Weave
  • As Sorcery is lethal to Demons on Pyrosia, make a Demon-killing Ward like the one used in the Battle of Suld. Well, one can't make the same... unless the rules of magic changed, and magic on Pyrosia has to go through the weave, so one can steal Arcane energy. Unless newly summoned Demons (after creating the Weave) by Demon Lord are immune to Sorcery... but haven't there been placed a seal against summoning more Demons? The Weave blocks Demons innate magic abilities (including anti-magic that cambisi used to break from the airproof sphere).
  • Summon some Demons fo feed the Shadow's Bane... I wonder if Shadow's Bane can use Wizard's magic?

Why not just make a ward that allows no one to cross, except sorcerers? maybe allow Sorcerer teleporting to inside it for them to ferry people over, then use Guns or Arrows to kill all the demons/people whom attack.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Securing Dolanna (SPOILER for Demon's bane 2)

Post by Phantom »

shadowhawk wrote:Lets think a few ideas to secure Dolanna on Pyrosia:
Ok As for your first suggestion ....Won't work Dolanna would wonder why all the Special treatment of her was happening .  that could harm her faith in Tarrin
Others would also have to know why she was being treated that way as well

ok now # 2  a Demon killing ward could work but Power and distance could be limiting factors... Remember there is No Mi'shara on pryosia. and True Full power Wevespinners are in Short supply... Only Jesanna is there now.  

As for the Seals only a god can make those to block demons and then i think only if they remove the demonlord first.

ok now for 3 if they were to summon demons for the demons bane the demon would know where it was and could kill it before it get's powerful enough to protect it's self.

Stealth is Demonbanes greatest weapon right now...
and as long as it's around it limits what demons the demonlord can use on Pyrosia ....keeping the more powerful ones at bay and allowing Dolanna,Jesanna and the rest the time they need to complete their missions before the war realy starts

------

Phantom    
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)