Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
wizzo
Sorcerer

Re: Lost & Found

Post by wizzo »

Balthazar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:17 pm Going through all these stories made me think about some that had been looking for:

One was on SOL: it was about a guy and a cat woman being stranded on a planet she was a princess they ended up having a kid and then being rescued

The other was: A HP Fanfiction where harry goes to the US and is in a school near the great lakes. Later George and fred join him and there is like competition between 5 different us schools. the end Voldemort chanlenges harry and one of the speels that kills him is changingthe water in his bidy to wine.
The HP story sounds like The Brave New World by bellerophon30, unfortunately the author and story has been removed from FF.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Hi,
I have the start of a story in my head but can't remember which story/book it is from (i think it's from a book, but ..) :(

Fantasy or cultivation setting me thinks. People can use magic/energy internaly or externaly.

main caracter is the son of an important and famous military who use internal energy and directs a school/military academy. The son as been identified as having high potencial but is unable to use his energy.

Then one day someone comes and recognise that he is a mage (external use of energy) and has been trying to use it internaly all this time. He goes somewhere else to learn how to be a mage.

Thank you
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

it seems my memory has combined two stories. this was one and the second had the hero kill a bunch of buffalo that piled up to protect the wagon. A chief sees the pile and is at first upset at the excess kill but then understands. The hero shares and they become friends.
davien96
Novice

Post by davien96 »

wizzo wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm
Balthazar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:17 pm Going through all these stories made me think about some that had been looking for:

One was on SOL: it was about a guy and a cat woman being stranded on a planet she was a princess they ended up having a kid and then being rescued

The other was: A HP Fanfiction where harry goes to the US and is in a school near the great lakes. Later George and fred join him and there is like competition between 5 different us schools. the end Voldemort chanlenges harry and one of the speels that kills him is changingthe water in his bidy to wine.
The HP story sounds like The Brave New World by bellerophon30, unfortunately the author and story has been removed from FF.
A not very comprehensive Google search finds the story pretty quicky. Finished it over a three day period and an excellent addition to the HP fanfiction-verse. One I've saved for a future reread.
Fish
Novice

Post by Fish »

Need some help this story has been on my mind for a few days and for the love of me I can’t remember the nam it’s a sol story young boy not the best looking gets picked on but he is a brilliant guitar player goes to a concert with his cousin and ends up on stage playing with the band then he get signed by a music agent and you follow him through his career it ends with him be admitted to the rock and roll hall of fame.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

I'm remembering a universe, people mutate, I know it's not Whateley. I only clearly remember one story from it where a guy on a mission in the Amazon jungles mutates into a anthropomorphic panther tries to get home to USA is put in a zoo (which is amazingly easy to escape from when you have hands). I think there is a story where a girl invents anti-gravity or thrusters for her skateboard. Anyway I was sure I had downloaded it but a search for 'panther' yields no matches (although a lot of stuff I don't remember mentioning panthers). Any memories anyone?
cdhaag
Novice

Post by cdhaag »

kabalman2000 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:52 am I'm remembering a universe, people mutate, I know it's not Whateley. I only clearly remember one story from it where a guy on a mission in the Amazon jungles mutates into a anthropomorphic panther tries to get home to USA is put in a zoo (which is amazingly easy to escape from when you have hands). I think there is a story where a girl invents anti-gravity or thrusters for her skateboard. Anyway I was sure I had downloaded it but a search for 'panther' yields no matches (although a lot of stuff I don't remember mentioning panthers). Any memories anyone?
This sounds like the MORF's universe.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

cdhaag wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:38 pm This sounds like the MORF's universe.
Excellent! Thank you.
cdhaag
Novice

Post by cdhaag »

Fish wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:16 am Need some help this story has been on my mind for a few days and for the love of me I can’t remember the nam it’s a sol story young boy not the best looking gets picked on but he is a brilliant guitar player goes to a concert with his cousin and ends up on stage playing with the band then he get signed by a music agent and you follow him through his career it ends with him be admitted to the rock and roll hall of fame.
This may be The Rocker by Dbuck.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

cdhaag wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:38 pm
kabalman2000 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:52 am I'm remembering a universe, people mutate, I know it's not Whateley. I only clearly remember one story from it where a guy on a mission in the Amazon jungles mutates into a anthropomorphic panther tries to get home to USA is put in a zoo (which is amazingly easy to escape from when you have hands). I think there is a story where a girl invents anti-gravity or thrusters for her skateboard. Anyway I was sure I had downloaded it but a search for 'panther' yields no matches (although a lot of stuff I don't remember mentioning panthers). Any memories anyone?
This sounds like the MORF's universe.
Yes it is the MORF's universe and recognize both stories, unfortunately it looks like the founders website with all the stories in it is down (says it is under construction). Alot of the stories are on SoL but the one you are looking for was pulled by the author (Shrike) and is being sold on Amazon for $4.99 for Kindle.
https://storiesonline.net/universe/337/morfs
https://www.amazon.com/Feral-Morfs-Univ ... B07NHHRD5T
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

I recently read the summary of a story on royal road, but I cannot remember the title.

it went about 'where most VRMORPG stories, use the VR concept to set the story, but other wise seemingly ignore the fact that the story happens in a game, except for the occasional character screen, these games for me (the author) are about Over powered classess, cheats, limited character inventory, .... This story will involve all of that, and also elves and orc's ' .

any one know this story ?
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Nope, but RR has a forum channel called "I forgot the title". https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5852
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

I remember a story from my past where there was an accident where an alien tries to fix or compensate the person injured. It involved precious metals and special trucks.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

https://finestories.com/s/10695/island-mine

> How far will governments go when you have something they want? All Waylon Eckermann wanted to do was to go to college and figure out the rest of his life. It wasn't going to be that easy, not even with a little extragalactic help.
cdhaag
Novice

Post by cdhaag »

the_scot wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:46 am I remember a story from my past where there was an accident where an alien tries to fix or compensate the person injured. It involved precious metals and special trucks.
This sounds like Golden Mage's Anomaly on SOL.