why not destroy the amulet when he got the staff?

zedd
Sui'Kun

why not destroy the amulet when he got the staff?

Post by zedd »

if Tarrin could "lost" the firestaff by destroying his amulet (with the staff in the elsewhere, of course), why haven't he done so as soon as he got the firestaff?

It would end the story to soon :-) I am just curious if this has been considered or not.

regards
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: why not destroy the amulet when he got the staff?

Post by Lochar »

I don't think that it can be destroyed.  Remember, it is kinda sentient, so it was probably messing with both Val's mind and Tarrin's.  Val in the case of making him think Tarrin would destroy it, and Tarrin making him think he could destroy it. Little bit of misdirection to both of them with what they think they already know.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

zedd wrote:If Tarrin could "lost" the Firestaff by destroying his amulet (with the staff in the elsewhere, of course), why haven't he done so as soon as he got the Firestaff?
Do you remember that Firestaff removed itself from amulet's elsewhere while Tarrin and Co. crossed the gate to Pyrosia? So it could be[1] that the Firestaff could (as it is semi-sentient) remove itself from elsewhere at will. The destruction of amulet would not destroy Firestaff. Although it could move it to unknown lication. So the Tarrin bluff to destroy Firestaff... was bluff...

Somewhere elsewhere on this forum there is discussion about this. Try to find Fel's answers (there is search button, or try to find last N post by fel from his profile)... He hinted that Firestaff has some meaning to Sennadar... all would be revealed (hope so) in the future...

[1] Could be, because if Firestaff would not be sentient, there could be automatic reaction that limits Firestaff to Sennadar and does not allow it to go to other plane.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Personally, i belive that the Firestaff it tied to the All of Sennadar. (Right now, at least. I might change my mind later...)
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I know the answer, Grey gave me a spoiler about the Firestaff.  Ask if you want to know.  I won't post it out here.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com