Error List

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Error List

Post by Lochar »

Axe Ch. 24
Kimmie didnt take it very well.  Theyre what? she demanded as he contacted her after dinner to tell her the news.

Theyre Sorcerers, he answered.

Axe Ch. 25
Kimmie took the news rather well.  She was thrilled that her children possessed the power of Sorcery
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
canisd
Weavespinner

Post by canisd »

lochar wrote:Axe Ch. 24

After Tarrin transmuted the first set of Cat's Claw's in Adamantite in Weavespinner, he thought he could create it.
From Weave:

Quite by accident, he realized that since he did have such an understanding of that metal now, he could conceivably Create it. But it was an unnatural substance, and as such it meant that the attempt would be exceptionally demanding, if he could do it all. But that was something to explore at a later date. One did not experiment with Druidic magic

About Kimmie and her daugthers, What would your reaction be to something that seems to come out of left field with a surprising suddeness right when you find out and then as time passes
Last edited by canisd on Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'ni botsahv prehniv

The ending has not yet been written
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Sword Ch. 1
The casting of the two spells didnt tire him at all, for Wizard magic took a great deal of the Wizards own energy to control the forces of magic and make them do what he wanted them to do.
Extremely vague here.  He wasn't tired, but the second part of the sentance hints that it did tire him.

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

lochar wrote:After Tarrin transmuted the first set of Cat's Claw's in Adamantite in Weavespinner, he thought he could create it.
I think Tarrin Transmuted his Cat's Claws (first set) to the black unnamed metal his sword is made of. I don't know why the second set is Adamantite.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Making note of something, in the beginning, Tarrin's ability to use all 7 spheres is called Ritual Sorcery, and until Jeogjah comes, that's what they all refer to it as.  Once Tarrin is knocked into the Conduit, and Jeogjah is burned to ash, he tells Kraven that it was High Sorcery that defeated him.  No mention of this name is made to any of the Sorcerors in the Tower, yet from then on out it is refered to as High Sorcery.

Support my brother.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

In Axe and Sword, Fireflash's breath weapon changes time that someone stays knocked out.  It started at an hour for humans and about 5 minutes with Were-cats, to being moments in Sword Ch. 5.

Support my brother.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Sword Ch. 5
As long as the One has something left to conquer, then this will work, he said. But the minute he finishes, then its over. Thats what happened to the Urzani empire. After they conquered the world, they had nothing left to do. Their society turned decadent, and they were eventually destroyed.
Spyder said that there was a good chance the Urzani empire would still be around, had her grand-nephew(?) not assassinated his mother to gain the throne and he introduced barbarism.

Support my brother.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Sword Ch. 6
She doesnt have unlimited power anymore, Zak. When she had her children, she gave each of them some of her own power. In a way, if you look at the ten Elder Gods, you can say that the other nine are just extensions of Niamis power, each with a different focus.
extensions of Ayise, not Niami, right?

Support my brother.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Sword Ch. 8
He then reached out with his paw and wove a frighteningly complicated Ward that was nearly five hundred spans across, a dome of absolute protection that would stop any magic from crossing its boundary, and canceling all magic but Sorcery within it.  No Demon could Teleport within their midst, and the Ward would render their magic unusable.  That would give them the ability to kill them relatively easily, for few Demons were a match for Azakar, Ulger, or Haley in a battle with weapons, and the magic of Miranda and Dolanna would destroy them quickly.
Miranda's magic wouldn't work inside the Ward, since he set it to only allow Sorcery to work inside it.

Support my brother.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Sword Ch. 9
 He did his best to keep up with what was going on, but the Priests who were agents of Karas had been very well trained before entering the Priesthood about how to hide their true loyalties
bu the Priests who were agents of Val had been very well trained

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

lochar wrote:Making note of something, in the beginning, Tarrin's ability to use all 7 spheres is called Ritual Sorcery, and until Jeogjah comes, that's what they all refer to it as.  Once Tarrin is knocked into the Conduit, and Jeogjah is burned to ash, he tells Kraven that it was High Sorcery that defeated him.  No mention of this name is made to any of the Sorcerors in the Tower, yet from then on out it is refered to as High Sorcery.
See "Tower of Sorcery", Chapter 13, Jegojah thinks:
"When his living body was killed on the battlefield, destroyed in the fires of High Sorcery, what the current Sorcerers called Ritual Sorcery."
Does this answer your question?
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Sun May 09, 2004 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Nope, because that's what he thought when he fought Tarrin and he was pushed into the conduit.  No where does it say he said anything about it, and I doubt Tarrin could remember something like that even if he did.  The closest thing is when he is reporting back to Kravon and telling him he is a weavespinner.  But Kravon isn't one to share info with the katz-dahsi.

Support my brother.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

In Weavespinner, Chapter 11, Tarrin heals an inu and Allia names it Talon.  However, by the time we get to Chapter 1 of Axe of the Dwarven King, the inu's name is Kedaira (which I personally prefer).

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Kedaria means Talon in Alia's language.   It should be about the same place as when she names her.

Support my brother.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

Tower of Sorcery, chapter 1 (part of a bigger paragraph, just use 'find' for the word 'sling'- second use in the chapter)
He had a leather pack for when he went hunting, made by his mother, and he used that to pack up enough clothing for one month on the road.  He also added in his shaving razor and soap, then got his small cooking pot he used when hunting and filled it with various odds and ends that he felt he may need.  He got his pouch that had his sling and a variety of sling stones and metal sling bullets, metal cast-offs of Master Karn's forge that he formed into little balls for a sling.  That way he profited off the leftover metal.
Sword of Fire, chapter 4
Well, we do favor it, Tarrin nodded in agreement, picking up the bow hed made for Telven.  Ive never so much as picked up a sling in my life.  Ive always had one of these.