Begining to suffer from withdrawal here...

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Begining to suffer from withdrawal here...

Post by Weresmilodon »

Hey, Fel, when do you think you'll have the next chapter out? I'm beginning to suffer from withdrawal here...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Tylhandras
Initiate

Re: Begining to suffer from withdrawal here...

Post by Tylhandras »

Fel's stories aren't that addictive are they????
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

For me, yes. *grins* And a few others as well, it seems. I block the boredom of waiting with pointless surfing, but that's starting to get old . . .
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Yeah, they are that addictive, at least to me. I have a very hard time to find good reads, and Fel's books rank amongst the top 3 (or more precise, share the top 1). They're that good.

And me, I block it out with more reading. But, that can only go that far before it becomes lacking. And it's approaching the limit now. I need a quality read sometime not so far into the future, or Ill burn myself out from reading. Not fun. Especially since I read most of my days, at every chance Ive got. Burning myself out and barely being able to read a little bit would be really bad...
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

What do you like to read, Guardian_Mike? Stuff like Fel's, or do you have other interests as well? I know a few good books that might help pass the time, if you haven't read them already.

Anything by Terry Pratchett. My favorite are his Diskworld books, which proceed to make fun of just about everything and hold me in fits of laughter, yet somehow always end leaving me with some sort of deep thought to ponder over. For example, "Small Gods" follows poor Brutha, the latest prophet of the great god Om. The story has all of Pratchett's characteristic humor, but the storyline itself poses a tough question: what happens when a religion becomes more about the rituals than the god it's supposed to worship?

Another suggestion is the Darkworld series by Simon Green. I like his Hawk and Fisher stories the best, as they tend to do interesting things to old chiches. My favorite example has to be the first scene in "Return of the Blue Moon," where Hawk and Fisher go to exorcise a grumpy ghost haunting his old home.

I'd also like to hear anyone else's suggested readings. *grins* Will help me pass the time.
Tylhandras
Initiate

Post by Tylhandras »

Another alternitave is The Chronicles of Blood and Stone by Robert Newcomb.  However, there are only two novels in the series so far.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm on page 11.

I'm also in midterms, so you'll have to wait until next week.  :(
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Good luck to you Fel. You're not the only one with exams, I've got my major ones for the year, in 3 weeks :o !

Good reads that I recommend are Anne McCaffrey, especially the Dragonriders of Pern series. And Raymond E. Feist.
Last edited by Journeywoman on Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

journeywoman wrote: Good reads that I recommend are Anne McCaffrey, especially the Dragonriders of Pern series. And Raymond E. Feist.

Well that's VERY spooky.  I was going to recommend the very same two authors.  Journeywoman, I really like your taste in lit!   ;D

MommyDoom
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

fel wrote:I'm on page 11.

I'm also in midterms, so you'll have to wait until next week.  :(
My consolations.
Hmm... Next week... That's good, Ive got my one-week-in-the-entire-term-holiday then, so that's fine. (Don't know if that came out right...)

And to go on with the books and authors, Ill read just about anything from anyone, that is fantasy, and most of Sci-fi that are available in a library, or a bookshop. I also spend at least a few hours every day reading Fanfiction. And then i read anything that catches my fancy. And when Im out of that, I go hunting for something new.
Heh, good thing i spend 6 hours per day in a library now...
Tylhandras
Initiate

Post by Tylhandras »

:o

Dear lord, do you have a life anymore?  I've never spent more than 2 hours in the library at any given time.

I like your suggestions about lit also Journeywoman.
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Hey, some more good stuff to look up. Well, add on anything by Diana Wynne Jones. You may have to look in the young adult section, but they aren't really "kids" books.

And glad to hear the next chapter is coming well.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

tylhandras wrote: :o

Dear lord, do you have a life anymore? I've never spent more than 2 hours in the library at any given time.

I like your suggestions about lit also Journeywoman.
Hey, reading is a life, and a good one too! Besides, i've began to cut down my reading-time a bit in the last few years... I remember once in Grade School when i read an 880 pages book in one day, and still had a few hours over for other things... A 8 hours school day, that is. Still remember it perfectly, but i might concider rereading it in a few years, when i've forgotten about what it was all about, and in what order everything happened...
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

mommydoom wrote:

Well that's VERY spooky. I was going to recommend the very same two authors. Journeywoman, I really like your taste in lit! ;D

MommyDoom
Well as I say, great minds think alike ;) !
And speaking of spooky I've started reading Diana Wynne Jones lately too :o !
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Griever
Novice

Post by Griever »

guardian_mike wrote:Yeah, they are that addictive, at least to me. I have a very hard time to find good reads, and Fel's books rank amongst the top 3 (or more precise, share the top 1). They're that good.
Hmm ... out of curiosity, have you tried Baen yet?
If not -  www.baen.com/library/ is a nice free library you can get some interesting reads at.  David Drake, David Weber, Christopher Anvil, Linda Evans (Sleipnir _rocks_ ... but seriously, it really does), Eric Flint and loads more ... it's good, trust me.  I got a lot of quality time out of that site.
:)
were you perchance expecting to find something profound here?