Map of Noraam, Spirit Walker

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Gelter
Talent

Map of Noraam, Spirit Walker

Post by Gelter »

Last year, I was preparing to run a tabletop game in the setting of Spirit Walker for some of my friends. Unfortunately, the game fell through due to drama between the group members. But, before that happened, I put together a map of Noraam to the best of my recollection in the program Wonderdraft, and I've decided to share it with the forum because I really love the Spirit Walker novels and wanted to give back a bit.

There are some alterations to the political situation because I wanted to make it a more interesting setting w.r.t. a tabletop roleplaying game. I also took some liberties by filling in the blanks in my memory and the source material when it comes to names and such. I figure that Atan is a corruption of Staunton :D . I made some awful corruptions of french, spanish, and existing names for locations in Flaur and Nurys. The file is absolutely massive (80 MB) so I uploaded it to my google drive. You can find it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWdFDd ... sp=sharing
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: Map of Noraam, Spirit Walker

Post by expedient »

Thanks for this. Nice work. :mrgreen:

I almost made one myself when the story was more active.

I would have to read Walker again to check the accuracy. You might consider adding story arc "campaign" routes, symbols and/or notes, so readers can follow where the action is taking place.

Happy New Year!
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Gelter
Talent

Re: Map of Noraam, Spirit Walker

Post by Gelter »

Those are all good ideas, expedient! When I eventually get around to re-reading again, I can definitely fix it up with more accurate place-names and include routes like that. Book one would be easiest to do that for because there's no
Spoiler
Show
teleporting shenanigans
. But it's definitely doable for Shadow Walker :P. That task was kind of out of scope for the project as I initially intentioned it, but I think it would be fun to work on.

When I was making the map, I did some referencing to the novels but nothing to the degree that a full re-read would provide. Just some ctrl+f-ing to parts where I knew place names were mentioned.

And, of course, happy new year!