Update...and not the fun kind.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Update...and not the fun kind.

Post by Fel »

It's not leaking, so my makeshift repairs will hold until i can afford to have the roof replaced.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Hey Fal can you open an gofundme champignon to help you pay for an roof replacement ? i cannot give a lot but id like to help a little
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

kyli wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:43 am I have no issues with authors posting on kindle unlimited. Its a great source of income for authors, maybe even more then Patreon. you can get some good deals for KU too. Just a few months ago, i got 2 months for $1, followed by an additional free month. I then cancel and wait for another deal.

However, Kindle Unlimited probably isnt a good idea for Fel because it would require him to delete it everywhere else. However, thats just KU, not kindle as a whole. He could still publish on amazon and have the book available for free on here, royalroad, patreon, or anywhere else.
Amazon is a little more tricky than that, sadly. If they discover by some means that the same version is available elsewhere, they will change the price of the Kindle E-book to match the asking price elsewhere. And if that price happens to be free, well..

Typical way a few authors have danced around that one (to some success) is to put a more polished version on Kindle, but keep the OG version available online so it isn't (completely) the same book. Although I know other authors who don't bother playing that game, haven't really asked them why/why not.