Revelation12 (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Revelation12 (spoilers)

Post by kyli »

Wow, ok so much to digest from this chapter. We have indisputable confirmation in the book now that Jason is an entropic. And, we know who his ultimate opponent will be. The question I still have is, who is Tarrin?

In the past, I would have been theorycrafting a lot more, but I'm just enjoying the story right now.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Re: Revelation12 (spoilers)

Post by Belgarion213 »

Yeah, that part isn't to surprising (Jason being an Entropic).

The emergence of a galactic-wide psychic collective consciousness in the future, though...that's huge.

I'm going to be really interested as we learn more about these 'Dark Ones'. The kind of power the shaman was talking about is kind of terrifying.

And yes, I am also interested in where Tarrin is in this growing threat. Sometimes, I wonder if he's the Shaman! Yeah, probably not, but the kind of information and teaching she has given Jason has been rather particular.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

He's not the Shaman. The shaman was introduced in Insurrection and Fel mentioned that Tarrin first shows up in Unification. I also don't think Tarrin has an active role in this story. Jason was born for this purpose and will only get minor, indirect help until he fulfills his purpose as an Entropic and Balance is restored. It's only after that is done that I expect Tarrin to show Jason the greater picture and inform him of what Entropics are, and show him the multiverse.... and give him a job offer of course.

Also Tarrin is very unlikely to take a female form unless he absolutely has no other choice, in my opinion.

It seems Jason's unique ability as an Entropic is to be able to let people hear and feel the truth when he speaks. I don't recall the Parri having that ability, although it's been so long since I've read it. I might be mistaken, but I think the Shaman only made him aware of that ability and doesn't have it herself. Tarrin's ability was superhuman willpower if I recall.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

I had to stop the chapter just before Jason and Songawere summoned. Till then it was going ok.

But when I returned...

It's so awesome

What a plot twist.
Really Imxi???
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Great chapter.. All the revelations..

Terra as the Nexus??

Great twist there.

Love your writing Fel
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

kyli wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:52 pm Wow, ok so much to digest from this chapter. We have indisputable confirmation in the book now that Jason is an entropic. And, we know who his ultimate opponent will be. The question I still have is, who is Tarrin?
I will have to double check something later, but I think that question had a clue by four swung at us this chapter. :lol:

Edit: Well, my "double check" isn't turning up anything quick. So I can't just outright confirm what I think Tarrin has been up to, but I'm still highly convinced I've found him. 8)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

XavDan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:13 am Great chapter.. All the revelations..

Terra as the Nexus??

Great twist there.

Love your writing Fel
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Well it is great to get the confirmation of what many years ago believed that Earth was the birthplace of the Faey. To me at least it was self evident when the Dreamers were found with almost identical DNA to the Faey and the Faey able to mate with Humans that not finding other humans places the origin on the only planet the humans are on. Then couple that with Human mythos of Elves which the Faey resemble physically (pointy ears) and culturally (Drow Elf females are dominate over males) and stories of Elves disappearing, it all fits.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Corru
Talent

Post by Corru »

Super exciting "revelations" this chapter! ;)

It's really cool to be getting more information about the origins of the Faey, and how they were spread between the galaxies. I love how the story of the wanderers is known to the Parri, and I wonder if they've ever had contact. I'm curious if Estrella suspects the wanderers, or perhaps other advanced races, may still be watching from afar because her speech seemed to be making an even broader appeal to more than just the members of the Academy. I'm still holding the theory that the gravitational anomaly between galaxies held some sort of ancient beacon meant to detect intergalactic hyperspace wakes, and could perhaps be used as a junction for a truly far-reaching civilization like the wanderers to return to this galactic region. Perhaps they didn't have reason to pay attention before, but have been tuning in once the Karinnes started zooming around. I also wonder if the wanderers and the darkness interact, or if the wanderers strategy has been to avoid them? I'm very excited about where things go! Thanks as always Fel!
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

So the symbiotes are evolving to give the generations a chance to merge and become part of the greater collective..

So are they a pre evolution of the energy beings from the Consortium??

Or similar evolutionary line?

Will the collective symbiotes become sentient being of their own or will they become a tool like biogenic crystals not truly alive / but yet sentient?

The parri has been watching the symbiotes makes me lean towards the individual sentient being

Any thoughts?
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Another query along the same line of thought.. will an evolved symbiote be able to grant a non generation, similar powers to a generation atleast temporarily?
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Will the symbiotes rely on biogenic crystals for merging or they allow merge without crystals?

If crystals are needed, will Jason share the same with galaxy? Or will the other type of crystal be sufficient?

Will symbiotes increase the ability of a generation or only provide a platform for merge?
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Thanks again for such a wonderful story Fel
tardyboy
Talent

Post by tardyboy »

Okay wow! I haven't been here in a long while but after a marathon read I think I'm caught up now. I imagine Jason channeling an entire galaxies worth of psychic power against the dark ones being something God like. If so crossing over like Tarrin did or even going all Lucy aka Scarlett Johansson, if the rules of this universe aren't like Sennadar as a real possibility.

If Tarrin is around I'd bet he would appear as a Parri but not the shaman.

It saddens me to think this story is coming to an end but I appreciate this amazing multi year journey that Fel has taken us on as he spun his tale.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Well, we have already seen the amazing thing that Tarrin can do when synched up with Cybi. The thought of what he could do with multiple CBIM's + an entire galaxy worth of Psychic power is kind of frightening and your not wrong, such a gestalt WOULD be godlike. Maybe not on the level of a Prime God on Sennedar like Tarrin was at the end of his first series but it would still be amazingly potent.

I'm kind of interested in seeing these powers that the Dark Ones have at their disposal, that are as fast past normal psychic powers as they are above people who ware psi-blind. Should be interesting.