Does anyone know anything about reMarkable?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Does anyone know anything about reMarkable?

Post by Wolfee »

seen the adds on youtube for some time now... was wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

https://remarkable.com/
Schuy
Initiate

Re: Does anyone know anything about reMarkable?

Post by Schuy »

I've been using a reMarkable 2 since Fall of 2020 and love it. I take notes pretty much all day long for work and I no longer need to keep a pile of filled notebooks around for reference. I just use the basic functionality (no syncing even though I have it for free as an early supporter, basic organizing) but it works exactly how I need it. Writing on it feels natural to me and does not feel like using a stylus on a tablet or laptop.

My wife finally got jealous after seeing me use it since she writes notes all day for her work as well and we got her one which she loves.

The battery life is pretty decent, I usually wind up plugging it in at the end of day on Friday so it's ready for Monday but honestly, a good 20 minute charge will get you through the day normally.

I would recommend 1) picking up an extra pack of pen tips because when you first write with it you will press way too hard and wind up mangling tips until you get used to it, 2) pay the extra and get the pen with the eraser on the back, its much more convenient, 3) Personal preference but I'd recommend a cover as well so the screen doesn't get scratched if you throw it into a laptop bag.

It is pricey as heck unless you get it on one of the sales they periodically have so look out for those (especially since there is probably a cyber-monday sale right now).

Anyway, that's just my $.02 but I've been using it for over 2 years now and loving it.
jimspi
Talent

Post by jimspi »

I've been using reMarkable for about a year and can confirm it's the best note-taking software.
Woostaman
Talent

Post by Woostaman »

I've wanted to buy a reMarkable for awhile but other than note taking I didn't see myself using it much. I was hoping they eventually would allow you to read kindle books on it but they never did. But Amazon came out with their own version of it called Kindle Scribe so I might end up getting that sometime this year so I can not only take notes but also read my books.

(side note, I always take Fel's chapters and send them to my Kindle which converts them to a document I can read on my Kindle, its pretty nice.)

I prefer reading on the type of screen the Kindle and the reMarkable has since its easier to see in different lighting situations and it doesn't fatigue your eyes as much as a computer or ipad screen would.