An idea for someone

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
kyli
Mi'Shara

An idea for someone

Post by kyli »

I don't expect this to happen at all. Its a crazy amount of work and a lot of hours to make sure its right. I recently started making the Firestaff and Pyrosian ebooks with proper covers. Covers that were generated using AI. Well a couple days ago, I was thinking about Deep Fakes and I suddenly realized that Deep Fake audio programs are now a thing. Text to speech has existed for a long time but it was terrible to listen to. So I downloaded a program to see how it works today. I created audio for the last couple pages of Demon's Bane. Just the scene between Tarrin and Jal where Jal says his first words since Tarrin found him and also the epilogue. There were a couple names mispronounced, but I just did it to show I could. I have no plans to do more then this for 2 reasons. #1, it would take many hours to just do a chapter if I wanted to ensure quality. #2, the program I used, as well as most others I saw cost a lot of money. Even if that wasn't the case, the time and effort this would take isn't something I could commit to. And that's why I don't think this will happen, but I figured I'd share the possibility here anyway.

Anyway, here is the audio. Not perfect because I didn't spend much time on it. The program I used is called Descript.
Exerpt.mp3
(5.73 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
If someone wanted to put in a lot of effort, they could get volunteers to provide voice samples and use different voices for every character. I used that a little bit here but I only had a limited selection of voices.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Ping
Novice

Re: An idea for someone

Post by Ping »

Interesting, but the lack of proper pauses between sentences makes it bothersome to listen to
If you don't feel offended after reading this posting, you have my deepest apology.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: An idea for someone

Post by kyli »

It's possible to put in longer pauses manually but I'm not sure there's a proper way to do it automatically with the program I was using. I might have missed it. It's also possible to slow down the reading speed.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."